GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

Oh my Lord! I knew she had a lot of freedom in prison, but oh my! That DOES NOT LOOK like prison life AT ALL! Not at all what I pictured!!! Look at those surroundings, the clothing, the make up. SHEESH! Her hair is perfectly highlighted. Did Canadians pay for that, too? Good grief! UNREAL! Just unfreaking real! It's outrageous! How come she looks so happy in most of the photos? Does this girl not have any remorse what so ever? I think not!

Of course Canadians paid for it. Sickening, isn't it? She looks happy because she got a murderer's dream come true. Nice and friendly atmosphere, love letters to her girlfriend, pictures with flowers and toys, 3 meals a day, money from her family (I guess).

It's when she was discharged from prison is when her nightmare began. She was constantly being followed by reporters. We knew where she lived. She could not hide. And bingo! She got a new name, new passport and a trip to the Caribbean to live happily ever after with her hubby and 3 kids.

Quebec is the go to province for murderers. We now have Eric Newman aka Luka Magnotta to deal with.

He's in a safe friendly warm jail. Cozy. Supervised 24/7.

I think we should give him a new laptop (w/camera of course) and internet connection. Maybe even squeeze in a desk.

ETA: 3 ATTORNEYS

I don't know if this is the only current thread on Homolka, but it's all I could find.

I just finished reading Paula Todd's "book" (just 40 pages) on Finding Karla. Not much there, especially since the author traded exactly how she found her quarry for the hour interview. I'm sure she also doesn't want to give away too much and make it too easy for others down the road to overshadow her story and maybe even send Homolka running somewhere else. I did read bits and pieces about her maybe being in Guadaloupe on Websleuths and links I found here, but this story actually confirms it. It seems that after the meeting Todd sent a photographer to stake out the residence and get pictures, but Karla was being very cautious and he only got one good shot. She also had her name on the mailbox, perhaps to get deliveries of web orders, but that was also gone.

Yes, it was a deal with the devil. I think they thought she was forced to lie for Paul and when they saw the video, knew how sick she really was.
She should not be around children, animals ever. She belongs in prison.
Her mother forgave her? She must be a Saint or in denial. What about her dad?

You will see that it's not unusual for parents forgive and even cover up for one child who kills the other.

She needs to be deported and sent back to prison. What a joke.

Our justice system missed the boat on that one. She was charged, found guilty, sentenced and served the maximum. I just wish the lawyer that hid the tapes could be charged and put away.

Just seeing KH in the video gives me the creeps. After reading a few books on her and Paul, I just get sick when I think about them both.

Rest in peace to the victims.

She should not be free to roam around. :maddening:

What is the latest book out, could not follow the postings and want to make sure I have not read it? Thanks

Goz

Just seeing KH in the video gives me the creeps. After reading a few books on her and Paul, I just get sick when I think about them both.

Rest in peace to the victims.

She should not be free to roam around. :maddening:

What is the latest book out, could not follow the postings and want to make sure I have not read it? Thanks

Goz

It's called "Finding Karla". Short 46 pages worth. It's only available in ebook version, I believe.

I haven't read it and don't plan to. I always worry some of the proceeds (royalties or whatnot) will end up going to the convicted killer.

Thanks so much ~n/t~ and for all your information/input.

Goz:)

That video gave me the creeps too. Seriously. And not much creeps me out on this site, amazingly. Ugh, I'm literally shuddering.

That video gave me the creeps too. Seriously. And not much creeps me out on this site, amazingly. Ugh, I'm literally shuddering.

Creepy indeed. Notice how she goes undetected with those waiting at the bus stop. The reporter knew where she lived but many in that neighbourhood had no idea that a convicted murderer was walking the same streets. Standing and sitting beside her on the bus. <shudder>

I wouldn't have recognized her either. Thankfully the reporters ran her out of this country......for now.

Ugh!

:banghead:
I hate to be unforgiving, but may it haunt her... every milestone her child makes- that they are the same milestones once reached by her own sister.

For all the love she feels for her child, let her realize, truly realize, what she stole from her own parents.
I
For the future that her child has, may she remember the future she took from her sister, and other young women.

Karla will live in fear every day for her child's safety. Because she knows what evil lurks out in the world.

She is the evil that lurks in this world

It's called "Finding Karla". Short 46 pages worth. It's only available in ebook version, I believe.

I haven't read it and don't plan to. I always worry some of the proceeds (royalties or whatnot) will end up going to the convicted killer.

The ebook is by Paula Todd, well-known TV host, writer and lawyer. She's writing a book on what happens to violent criminals after they serve their time and finding Homolka was part of her research. Very unlikely she would forward any proceeds to her. I'm guessing she wrote the ebook before someone else found Homolka and scooped her on it. It will only be a matter of time before more people track her down and flush her out. In the book, Homolka does not deny what she did, just says, "the record speaks for itself". There are those who might suggest she's rehabilitated. It's just too bad she got off with such a light sentence. However, she's condemned to a life of running and hiding.

The ebook is by Paula Todd, well-known TV host, writer and lawyer. She's writing a book on what happens to violent criminals after they serve their time and finding Homolka was part of her research. Very unlikely she would forward any proceeds to her. I'm guessing she wrote the ebook before someone else found Homolka and scooped her on it. It will only be a matter of time before more people track her down and flush her out. In the book, Homolka does not deny what she did, just says, "the record speaks for itself". There are those who might suggest she's rehabilitated. It's just too bad she got off with such a light sentence. However, she's condemned to a life of running and hiding.

I don't think she's too concerned with running and hiding where she is now. There is no rehabilitation for psychopaths. It'll only be a matter of time before she reoffends if she hasn't already, imo

I still can't believe she is out and allowed to breed. So wrong.

Our justice system missed the boat on that one. She was charged, found guilty, sentenced and served the maximum. I just wish the lawyer that hid the tapes could be charged and put away.

she didn't serve "the maximum" though, right? she plea bargained... and then served her entire plea bargained sentence of 12 years.

ITA about the lawyer(s) who hid the tapes.

I don't think she's too concerned with running and hiding where she is now. There is no rehabilitation for psychopaths. It'll only be a matter of time before she reoffends if she hasn't already, imo

apparently she was a model prisoner and hasn't been in trouble since she was released in 2005. i truly believe it was the collision with bernardo that turned her into what she became. she did those things for him... for them. i don't see her re-offending... it's been 7 years...

she didn't serve "the maximum" though, right? she plea bargained... and then served her entire plea bargained sentence of 12 years.

ITA about the lawyer(s) who hid the tapes.

apparently she was a model prisoner and hasn't been in trouble since she was released in 2005. i truly believe it was the collision with bernardo that turned her into what she became. she did those things for him... for them. i don't see her re-offending... it's been 7 years...
What I meant to say was she served her entire sentence without getting out early like most do. I tend to agree with the last part, about not re-offending, but there are many who don't think so. And in my opinion she should have had a longer sentence. (But then she might have learned Spanish as well as French at our expense and had more places to hide.)

i watched the movie "karla" last week... i didn't know they changed the names of leslie and kristen to tina and kaitlyn... and this bothered me. i guess it felt as though they were being erased from the story/made less significant. it's possible the film makers did this in deference to the families' wishes... for whatever the reason ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back