Sidebar Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is not always interesting but sensationalism sells. He's trying to sell his book. The truth does not matter. jmo

you're too right, dear. when I read bigmomma's post this morning and the tweets from whatsisface I had a moment of curiosity to read it just to see but the fact remains I find it all lies and I can find actual good fiction elsewhere. I wont support JB and his lies no more than I will support any other player. :snooty:

I think what is cruel and insulting is brokering a deal to sell pictures of a child you know is dead and claiming to the world she is alive. jmo
This post deserves to be bumped again and again.
Thanks, LC!

Well that just Made!My!Day! Now I want to go back and see what I said about him that he may have read. :giggle:

ETA: Well there are 2 1/2 pages of thread titles with "Baez" in them but I'm thinking it was this one. Since he was SHOCKED at the anger DEVELOPING torwards them, it must have been pretty early on:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68453&highlight=baez
That thread makes me proud...lol. No seriously, there were/are so many here who worked incredibly long and hard for Caylee. Yup, that's the bottom line.

I tried to start a new thread because the book thread is closed, but it's in moderation limbo lol.

So, due to being out of books to read on my kindle--I read fast and I've read everything that looks remotely interesting on the NY Times best seller list. Anyway, so, yeah, I bought the book. I know, I know, but don't hate me.

One of us needs to read it, right?

I'm on page 1676 and it's mostly been all about how incompetent LE was and a lot of innuendo regarding Casey and her "trust issues".

This, however, caught my attention, and forgive me if it's been posted:

From the book--Jose speaking about himself:

I went online and started to read what these bloggers were saying and couldn't believe the anger and hatred that was developing against Casey and me. I also couldn't believe the number of arm chair detectives out there who were trying to solve the case. There was a website called Websleuths, and in it they had gone through the public records and researched my entire career. The "sleuths" talked about me as if they knew me. Much of it was insulting, even cruel and scary.

ooooOOOOOOooo he mentioned us by name?? thanks for the traffic, JB!! it's the least you can do for us!!

too bad he didnt read the TOS, he would know we were never allowed to post anything that wasnt public, and never anything that was cruel. trust me, I got a 3 day vacation for something I posted about offender anthony!

Another excerpt from the book, from radaronline:

“I could smell something rotten," he wrote. "I had been to a morgue before and my first impression was that this smelled like a dead body. I smelled something else, a chemical-like substance. If you took a good strong whiff, it almost hurt your nostrils. 'Oh my God,' I thought. 'I’m going to have to talk to Casey about taking a plea.'"

Baez said he consulted forensic expert Henry Lee, asking him, “Does this car smell like a human body?” and Lee said, “You never know whether it’s decomposing garbage or a decomposing body.”

Casey’s attorney said this was the answer he was looking for.

“I was extremely relieved,” he wrote in the book.

This is so sickening :(

lol, I'm going to go watch Hells Kitchen but I just had to pass on a thought I had. One day and one day soon...CA will be fat and old. Nobody will pay her a penny for anything. She'll be broke and will have to live with her fat ugly wrinkled self. Old Rasin coming for her.

Jose (of course) goes right after George in the book.

The first "feeling" JB gets is early on while sitting in the Anthony's living room with Lee, George and Cindy. Cindy is throwing out theories as to why Casey would want to hide Caylee from her and brings up the story about how Cindy was the first to hold Caylee after she was born. Jose says that it must be something a lot deeper than that--such as if George--not that he ever did--molested her. He says he wasn't accusing him, just using that as an example.

excerpt:

As soon as I said that, there was a deafening silence in the room. Everyone stayed very quiet. It was so impactful that I immediately noticed it.

The second "red flag" is that George took a polygraph in Mark NeJames office and had to re-take it due to it being "inconclusive".

Jose is wondering "what is George hiding?"
Oh, FPS...you just accuse a man of abuse in his own home and the room goes quiet? What did you want them to do, applaud?! Kiss you on both cheeks and congratulate you 'cause you're such a smarty pants?
No friggin way am I giving that guy my money. What for...to make it's way into Casey's pocket? Should we believe him...that she's not making a dime off this drivel? Because both of them have been so honest in the past? Nope...I hope it ends up costing him...big time.

PS...sorry Shelby...it's not you...it's THEM!

Baez said he consulted forensic expert Henry Lee, asking him, “Does this car smell like a human body?” and Lee said, “You never know whether it’s decomposing garbage or a decomposing body.”

Respectfully snipped

Grave wax does not appear with decomposing garbage. :idiot:

“I could smell something rotten," he wrote. "I had been to a morgue before and my first impression was that this smelled like a dead body. I smelled something else, a chemical-like substance. If you took a good strong whiff, it almost hurt your nostrils. 'Oh my God,' I thought. 'I’m going to have to talk to Casey about taking a plea.'"

I guess it was worth the $5000 he paid..oops I mean donated to Lee's foundation/charity, for that answer

So what was the double super secret exculpatory evidence that jb claims wasn't allowed in court but made its way into his book? Has anyone tweeted about it?

I guess it's still a secret.
Or Casey hasn't come up with version 10.0 before the final draft of the book was written

:seeya: I know, pick me!

-------------> They were gonna add the mouse to the witness list and to the chart of imaginary characters!

Respectfully snipped

Grave wax does not appear with decomposing garbage. :idiot:

Last I looked, death band hair is not in trash either.........unless of course that garbage is a body.

And yeah, it was just what he was looking for answer wise and the babbling fool who uttered it knew that and saw a payday.

I HATE THEM ALL!

I don't like the way JB said JA wasn't at the sentencing. Why should he be? JB seems to forget JA did his job, he was not the Lead prosecutor on this case and he didn't have to be there for the sentencing for the lying. JB is full of sour grapes. Glad he was reading here, not a mystery. Not a revelation. Give him credit, least he has good tatse in that respect which is otherwise nil.

localgirl,
I apologize to you for my stupid outburst. We always can agree to disagree. Sometimes things hit me wrong, especially when I'm so wound up over some of this chit it doesn't come out right. Iam sorry.

I don't like the way JB said JA wasn't at the sentencing. Why should he be? JB seems to forget JA did his job, he was not the Lead prosecutor on this case and he didn't have to be there for the sentencing for the lying. JB is full of sour grapes. Glad he was reading here, not a mystery. Not a revelation. Give him credit, least he has good tatse in that respect which is otherwise nil.

When did JA announce his resignation - was it right after the case? And yes, he and Linday must have been exhausted - seven days a week for months - I can't imagine how tired they must have been...

You know I just don't get it, I would think he would want to write this book to make himself look better, more professional. Instead he looks like a complete fool and very unprofessional!

Laughing and joking about Zanny, admitting he himself thought the trunk smelled like death.
Just strange to me he would admit to that <shrugs>

T

localgirl,
I apologize to you for my stupid outburst. We always can agree to disagree. Sometimes things hit me wrong, especially when I'm so wound up over some of this chit it doesn't come out right. Iam sorry.

Honest BigMomma - I so admire you for even cracking open JB's disgusting book - let alone reading that filth and coming back here to post about it. Hard to believe he's put that in print and I could see how upset you were. Besides, there is nothing wrong with speaking your mind - I just felt badly because you were in such distress about seeing it in print.

No offense taken....you were very brave!

Hey There, Sally Lu, how R U?

Listen and listen good. First off I'm so so over upset and need to ask for a group hug. We lost our very beloved Sheriff Andy Griffith for one thing. I have tears on my eyes. :( RIP Ange Godspeed.

Just catching up - and saw this... yes... :tears:

:therethere: :grouphug:

RIP Andy!

Attachments

• RIP Andy.jpg
    RIP Andy.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4
How did I miss that the author himself....Peter Golenbock responded to the reviews?

By Peter Golenbock (Saint Petersburg, FL) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME) This review is from: Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story (Hardcover)
I have always said that if enough people want to kill the sales of a book, all they have to do is give it a string of one-star reviews even if they haven't read the book. And that is exactly what's going on right now. All those who have given this book one star don't care at all about the truth. They have read in the papers or seen on TV about how Caylee was killed by chloroform or by duct tape, even though at trial both causes of death were refuted and made fun of. This book is the one book that tells the whole truth about this case. Jose Baez worked three years on behalf of this girl, and he deserves to be heard. She was found innocent, not because the jury was buffaloed somehow, but because there was no murder and because Jose dedicated three years of his life defending her, as everyone will see if they take the trouble to read the book. If Amazon.com wants to give the no-nothings an airing, the least it could do is not give four or five of these haters top billing when you go to the list of reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Presumed-Guilty-Casey-Anthony-Inside/product-reviews/1937856380/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

How did I miss that the author himself....Peter Golenbock responded to the reviews?

Exactly - I was pretty amused by that...:floorlaugh:

Wonder if Baez has taken the time to notice he's not exactly getting the response to his book that Jeff Ashton did....:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeanneP75