**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Mirror Quote/Manson's Quote

I don't see much "truth" is these killers assertions. Certainly all humans have the capacity to act without conscience or morality. Perhaps life's circumstances for LM and Manson gave them justification to act out their crimes, but that doesn't make it a mirror of society, it makes it a mirror of their own distorted thinking. Even if each suffered bad abuse as children and thus led low functioning, angry lifestyles whereby life was difficult from day to day...it doesn't reflect society at large. Do they feel they didn't get the skills needed to have proper relationships and success? Even if that were true it didn't eliminate their knowledge of what is right from wrong. These killers knew right from wrong. Instead I believe that have to blame society because the only other alternative is that they are evil wrong doers ....and that is not even an option for them.

RE: Hidden Weaponry

I am inclined to believe that it was hidden for the sake of convenience (accessibility) and to make sure JL didn't see it. It is yet another example of the premeditation. LM's apt is just a small studio. Its not like seeing an ice pic, knife and whatever else laying out on that dresser or kitchen table would have been "mood setting" for either a possible "film" or s&m scene. I still think JL seems drugged, in the video he tosses/turns as if in a sleep-like state. LM didn't know just how compliant JL would be nor did he know just how the drugs (if used) would impact him. Having the killing implements close by and hidden would give him quick access, a surprise element if he needed.....lets face it, we don't think knives and picks are going to be pulled on us in consentual sex/filming situations. I'm inclined to believe this is why LM blindfolded him too. JL would remain more compliant without seeing what was coming. Covering JL's face, also depersonalizes him and would make it easier for LM to objectify him in the heinous ways he did. Having said all of that, I tend to believe JL was drugged up and likely barely conscious. Once on the bed, tied up, blind folded and mouth covered...it was show time...and LM could go to work on creating his diabolical magma opus.

I watched again and listened closely, and you are right, there are in fact very often footsteps when LM is not moving.
My theory:
When editing a video, most programmes have an "audioline" in it, positioned on top or at the bottom of the "video line". That audioline shows also the time and it can be moved back and forth. When adding a song to the video editing programme, the initial audioline often moves back.
I dont know how to explain- I hope you can understand what I mean.
The audio of the background noises (the sneeze, the footsteps, etc.) could simply have moved but still be real. Just out sync.
That would explain the footsteps and the sneeze (cam not moving).
We would have to carefully note everything we see and everything we hear with time stamps - and then check if audio and video match at some point.

BTW: A post on here made me laugh ("I can hear an angle grinder! My neighbour must be dismembering someone!"), but then I felt bad instantly for laughing, considering the crime. Anyways, thanks! :D
This sounds plausible. I am sick of trying to make sense of it. I am chalking it up to Luka's suck-*** editing skills. I know you have seen his Photoshop skills - they suck, too. Add that to this sloppy murder, well, his attention to detail is non-existent. Not a perfectionist by any means. If he does, in fact, have an accomplice I am sure that person wishes he could wring his little neck by now.

This sounds plausible. I am sick of trying to make sense of it. I am chalking it up to Luka's suck-*** editing skills. I know you have seen his Photoshop skills - they suck, too. Add that to this sloppy murder, well, his attention to detail is non-existent. Not a perfectionist by any means. If he does, in fact, have an accomplice I am sure that person wishes he could wring his little neck by now.

I should add that, yes, I am OCD with pretty good attention to detail. Not perfect, but diligently trying! ;)

If anyone ever commits a murder and meticulously cleans the person's house in the process, be certain it is me. :p

I don't see much "truth" is these killers assertions. Certainly all humans have the capacity to act without conscience or morality. Perhaps life's circumstances for LM and Manson gave them justification to act out their crimes, but that doesn't make it a mirror of society, it makes it a mirror of their own distorted thinking. Even if each suffered bad abuse as children and thus led low functioning, angry lifestyles whereby life was difficult from day to day...it doesn't reflect society at large. Do they feel they didn't get the skills needed to have proper relationships and success? Even if that were true it didn't eliminate their knowledge of what is right from wrong. These killers knew right from wrong. Instead I believe that have to blame society because the only other alternative is that they are evil wrong doers ....and that is not even an option for them.

I am inclined to believe that it was hidden for the sake of convenience (accessibility) and to make sure JL didn't see it. It is yet another example of the premeditation. LM's apt is just a small studio. Its not like seeing an ice pic, knife and whatever else laying out on that dresser or kitchen table would have been "mood setting" for either a possible "film" or s&m scene. I still think JL seems drugged, in the video he tosses/turns as if in a sleep-like state. LM didn't know just how compliant JL would be nor did he know just how the drugs (if used) would impact him. Having the killing implements close by and hidden would give him quick access, a surprise element if he needed.....lets face it, we don't think knives and picks are going to be pulled on us in consentual sex/filming situations. I'm inclined to believe this is why LM blindfolded him too. JL would remain more compliant without seeing what was coming. Covering JL's face, also depersonalizes him and would make it easier for LM to objectify him in the heinous ways he did. Having said all of that, I tend to believe JL was drugged up and likely barely conscious. Once on the bed, tied up, blind folded and mouth covered...it was show time...and LM could go to work on creating his diabolical magma opus.
I cannot recall... Was there actually an obvious icepick, or just that dull kitchen knife he used? God knows what the murder instrument really was. We have no clue since we never see that part. He could have strangled him after drugging him and then whatever. I think the only thing everyone agrees on is the drugging/sedation part. He may have died of an OD, but that by no means reduces Luka's culpability and intent. But that would be awful if they could play that angle at trial and get a juror to buy into it.

I cannot recall... Was there actually an obvious icepick, or just that dull kitchen knife he used? God knows what the murder instrument really was. We have no clue since we never see that part. He could have strangled him after drugging him and then whatever. I think the only thing everyone agrees on is the drugging/sedation part. He may have died of an OD, but that by no means reduces Luka's culpability and intent. But that would be awful if they could play that angle at trial and get a juror to buy into it.

Maybe this is *GRAPHIC*

I think someone wrote on this thread that the ice pick could have been a screwdriver.
The stab wounds seen on JL's stomach seems to be from a knife but the "ice pick"-stabbing could have hit the same place as the knife.
I think I counted 101 stabs with the "ice pick" but I could be wrong.

I'm no expert on "After death" marks but I do not think JL got strangled.
If he OD'd he would probably vomit.

English isn't my main language .
Can you give me a short description?
And what kind of monitor do you use?
I would guess it is some kind of software and not a "physical thing".
I really appreciate the time you take to answer my questions!

they are basically speakers which are being used in a studio to record music, a tool for mixing and mastering. They don't make the sound 'nicer' than it is, they show the truth so to say, if something is off in your mix of a song, you'll hear it! You can hear specific Hz regions better with these kind of speakers

~Long post ahead~
I didnt want to watch the video again, but in the end I did to note everything I see that might be connected to a sound.
I want to share my notes with you, maybe someone is able to find out if the audio is real and where it really belongs in the video.

WARNING - its very graphic and goes into details of the murder. Though I tried hard to use non-graphic words.

VIDEO NOTES

00:10-00:15 Camera is set up. LM walking towards the bed
00:15-00:26 LM with one knee on the bed, stroking Jun Lins head
00:26 CUT

00:27-00:34 Camera still set up. LM sitting on Jun Lin
00:34-00:37 LM getting off Jun Lin, stepping on the floor
00:37-01:02 LM to the right of the bed, getting something behind the pillow, doing smth, Jun Lin moving

01:03-01:12 LM grabbing the camera, walking towards Jun Lin, filming him
01:12 CUT

01:12-01:18 Camera is set up. LM not visible
01:18-02:37 LM stabbing Jun Lin

02:38-02:51 LM grabs camera, filming close-up of Jun Lin
02:51-02:54 removes blindfold
02:54-03:05 close up of Jun Lin
03:06-03:16 cutting Jun Lins leg 8 times (holding camera in left hand)
03:17-03:26 cutting Jun Lins arm 3 times
03:30 1 cut in Jun Lins leg
03:31-03:40 close up of Jun Lin and panning up to Casablanca poster
03:40 CUT

03:41-04:00 Close-up of Jun Lin
04:00 CUT

04:00-04:17 in the bathroom. LM holding camera, close-up of Jun Lins head lying on the floor, turning the head around several times
04:17 CUT

04:17-04:35 bright light now. LM holding the camera and cutting throuh Jun Lins arm.
04:35-04:51 Close-up of the cut wound
04:52-05:02 3 long cuts in Jun Lins back
05:04-05:10 2 cuts in Jun Lins back
05:10-05:16 close up
05:16 CUT

05:17-05:50 LM holding the camera. touching himself with Jun Lins arm
05:50 CUT

05:50-05:57 LM touching himself with Jun Lins arm
05:57 CUT

05:57-06:07 LM holding camera, close-up of Jun Lin
06:07 CUT (not sure, though?)

06:07-06-16 LM holding camera, close-up
06:16-06:24 10 fast cuts in Jun Lins leg
06:24 CUT

06:24-06:26 LM holding camera, close-up
06:26 CUT

06:26-06:27 LM holding camera, filming Jun Lin
06:27 CUT

06:27-06:48 Camera is set up. LM on the bed, alleged necrophilia
06:48 CUT

06:48-06:58 Camera is set up, LM doing something near the camera (shadow can be seen)
06:58-08:19 Cutting using cutlery
08:19-08:30 LM getting the puppy, puts puppy on bed at 08:30
08:30-08:35 LM walking towards camera & picking it up
08:35- 08:50 LM holding camera, filming the puppy while it eats (fork is being put on table at some point between 08:40 and 08:51)
08:50-08:56 LM walking around the bed
08:56-09:23 LM filming the puppy while it eats
09:23 CUT

09:23-09:46 Camera is set up. LM using the bottle on Jun Lin. Camera moving, becaue it is set up on the bed.
09:46 CUT

09:46-09:53 LM using the bottle on Jun Lin
09:54 CUT

09:54-10:13 Camera is set up. LM lying on the bed, touching himself with Jun Lins arm (video seems to freeze a couple of times in this scene).
10:13 End of video, the remaining seconds contain the still pictures.

Please add if you notice anything else and correct if something is not right.

That was horrible. What a horrible, gruesome video. :notgood:

@Donyale, Im 99,9% sure its a dog. It really sounds like a dog. I dont know of any other animal that would sound like this. Its definitely not a cat or a rabbit...

It's crazy how some other boards people were posting back and forth replies discussing what kind of animal was that. People who watched the movie were wondering! I mean if you watch and looks like a dog and there is even the sound of barking, why the doubt? It almost made me want to watch the video to see and hear for myself but I don't want, that's why this thread with graphic description is very helpful, thanks everyone for your patience and thanks pannekoek for your answer!:rocker:

has anyone seen this ...it has some points in it

Luka Rocco Magnotta Is an accomplice,Murderer there are others! - YouTube

I think THIS is why alot of people weren't sure that was Jun Lin when they first saw the killvid...some even thought at first glance that it was a woman because of that slender body type..it seems to me that at some point in the planning/execution that Luka was tied up {could Jun Lin have done it,someone else or even Luka fake/tie himself up ?..what a puzzle this guy is

Agree on both parts.

One, I think the "reflection" quote, by the way, is classic psychopathic behaviour. Psychopaths strongly resist taking responsibility for their actions. For Manson and LRM, they are not to blame for being monsters. It's everyone else's fault. Society made them the monster. Pathetic, truly.

Second, I also tend to think JL was drugged. When he is tied up and gagged on the bed but visibly still alive early in the video, he is squiring and seemingly very much "out" of it. He's moving in a very haphazard and groggy way. It's entirely possibly he was drugged, and then bound and gagged. However, I do not believe that JL died of an overdose. I think near the beginning of the video, LRM is getting ready to murder JL, in my view, he may have done in quickly with the angle grinder across the throat. The image of JL's throat cut (but before it is beheaded) shows a fairly straight and clean cut. LRM is too skinny and likely weak to do that without the help of an implement.

God. This is a horrific and unimaginable crime.

I wish I could say for sure ...but I don't believe it is a looped audio track. Also, I swear that the beeping increases when I hear movements as if Luka is doing something. And after listening more closely I think I hear gasping of the sort someone might do if they have severed vocal cords. I'm really hoping I'm wrong. Maybe this case is just getting to my head.

The hemorrhaging idea seems very plausible. Wish we had a doctor here to tell us whether a heavily sedated person (since Luka seems to have sedated Jun) could have a pulse rate like this.

...Also, someone mentioned a smoke detector but I believe the beeping is too erratic for it to be one of those. If it were audio feedback from too many electrical appliances, wouldn't it have a regular pattern?

This may have been mentioned before, but there are tons of heart rate wavs on the internet that he could have had looping.

When a person is hemorrhaging severely, the heart rate speeds up. Therefore, if the beeping was an actual heart monitor of a person hemorrhaging, IMO it would be odd to have the heart rate speed up, slow down, then speed up again as it does throughout the audio.

I actually get palpitations listening to the audio, but if anyone else has listened to it numerous times, can you tell if there is a pattern that might indicate repeated looping of audio?

ETA: What is "Hummar" at 6:19?

I wish I could say for sure ...but I don't believe it is a looped audio track. Also, I swear that the beeping increases when I hear movements as if Luka is doing something. And after listening more closely I think I hear gasping of the sort someone might do if they have severed vocal cords. I'm really hoping I'm wrong. Maybe this case is just getting to my head.

The hemorrhaging idea seems very plausible. Wish we had a doctor here to tell us whether a heavily sedated person (since Luka seems to have sedated Jun) could have a pulse rate like this.

...Also, someone mentioned a smoke detector but I believe the beeping is too erratic for it to be one of those. If it were audio feedback from too many electrical appliances, wouldn't it have a regular pattern?

My significant other is a surgeon, unfortunately I have kept my interest in this case on the low down. If someone can give me a way to word this question without appearing psychotic I might be able to get an answer. :)

ETA: We have actually discussed medical malpractice and anaesthesiology. I can say with a fair amount of certainty that a large part of the monitoring when a patient is given the intravenous co-mingling of drugs (paralytic, sedative, anti-nausea, etc) would be to watch the heart monitor for signs of distress. If the individual is not sedated enough, their heart would show distress upon cutting into the patient; it is of course an active process throughout the procedure. So yes, heart rate would indicate distress, at least on the part of a patient being operated on, and JL did not have the benefit of all of the drugs an anaesthesiologist would give.

Maybe someone else can corroborate who works in medicine? There has to be someone here.

The only indication I can give where this might line up with the video is if LM was monitoring the heart rate during the part of the act we do not see to determine if JL was deceased then just layered the vid in a weird way to creep the viewer out. Perhaps he was too much of a wuss to dismember someone who might still be alive? I have no clue. I still contend it's not heart monitoring but cannot come to any other conclusion as to what the sound might be.

In the audio, the beeping can still be heard at the end of the clip. We know that Lin Jun was dead by then, so i don't think the beeping could have been an actual heart monitor.

Am wondering about an IV drip or infusion pump for administering the morphine he had been looking into? IV drips beep when the fluid has run out. Also, the infusion pumps beep when the battery is running down.

~Long post ahead~
I didnt want to watch the video again, but in the end I did to note everything I see that might be connected to a sound.
I want to share my notes with you, maybe someone is able to find out if the audio is real and where it really belongs in the video.

WARNING - its very graphic and goes into details of the murder. Though I tried hard to use non-graphic words.

VIDEO NOTES

00:10-00:15 Camera is set up. LM walking towards the bed
00:15-00:26 LM with one knee on the bed, stroking Jun Lins head
00:26 CUT

00:27-00:34 Camera still set up. LM sitting on Jun Lin
00:34-00:37 LM getting off Jun Lin, stepping on the floor
00:37-01:02 LM to the right of the bed, getting something behind the pillow, doing smth, Jun Lin moving

01:03-01:12 LM grabbing the camera, walking towards Jun Lin, filming him
01:12 CUT

01:12-01:18 Camera is set up. LM not visible
01:18-02:37 LM stabbing Jun Lin

02:38-02:51 LM grabs camera, filming close-up of Jun Lin
02:51-02:54 removes blindfold
02:54-03:05 close up of Jun Lin
03:06-03:16 cutting Jun Lins leg 8 times (holding camera in left hand)
03:17-03:26 cutting Jun Lins arm 3 times
03:30 1 cut in Jun Lins leg
03:31-03:40 close up of Jun Lin and panning up to Casablanca poster
03:40 CUT

03:41-04:00 Close-up of Jun Lin
04:00 CUT

04:00-04:17 in the bathroom. LM holding camera, close-up of Jun Lins head lying on the floor, turning the head around several times
04:17 CUT

04:17-04:35 bright light now. LM holding the camera and cutting throuh Jun Lins arm.
04:35-04:51 Close-up of the cut wound
04:52-05:02 3 long cuts in Jun Lins back
05:04-05:10 2 cuts in Jun Lins back
05:10-05:16 close up
05:16 CUT

05:17-05:50 LM holding the camera. touching himself with Jun Lins arm
05:50 CUT

05:50-05:57 LM touching himself with Jun Lins arm
05:57 CUT

05:57-06:07 LM holding camera, close-up of Jun Lin
06:07 CUT (not sure, though?)

06:07-06-16 LM holding camera, close-up
06:16-06:24 10 fast cuts in Jun Lins leg
06:24 CUT

06:24-06:26 LM holding camera, close-up
06:26 CUT

06:26-06:27 LM holding camera, filming Jun Lin
06:27 CUT

06:27-06:48 Camera is set up. LM on the bed, alleged necrophilia
06:48 CUT

06:48-06:58 Camera is set up, LM doing something near the camera (shadow can be seen)
06:58-08:19 Cutting using cutlery
08:19-08:30 LM getting the puppy, puts puppy on bed at 08:30
08:30-08:35 LM walking towards camera & picking it up
08:35- 08:50 LM holding camera, filming the puppy while it eats (fork is being put on table at some point between 08:40 and 08:51)
08:50-08:56 LM walking around the bed
08:56-09:23 LM filming the puppy while it eats
09:23 CUT

09:23-09:46 Camera is set up. LM using the bottle on Jun Lin. Camera moving, becaue it is set up on the bed.
09:46 CUT

09:46-09:53 LM using the bottle on Jun Lin
09:54 CUT

09:54-10:13 Camera is set up. LM lying on the bed, touching himself with Jun Lins arm (video seems to freeze a couple of times in this scene).
10:13 End of video, the remaining seconds contain the still pictures.

Please add if you notice anything else and correct if something is not right.

That was horrible. What a horrible, gruesome video. :notgood:

You are correct -It is gruesome. Now I clearly remember why I will never watch it again.
After some additional thought I feel that it is highly unlikely that he had an accomplice. If there was someone else there, why all the crappy, awkward filming, propping a table on the bed to rest the camera, oddly timed film cuts, etc? I would hope that if someone else was there tha between the two of them they would have created a more seemless and higher quality film. The only thing worse than his camera/filming skills are his editing skills.

People talk about other films having been more horrific and disturbing, but there is something about the lighting, music, anonymity of perpetrator, and passionless and mechanical assault that make this thing stick with you in the worst of ways. The film (and subsequent research) has burrowed its way into my mind like a parasite injecting its larvae, which are now invading every recess of my mind, body, soul. I feel like it has changed me for the worst, making me angry, suspicious, paranoid, and disgusted with society on so many levels. And disgusted with myself for watching it in the first place, and for continuing to feed it. I know, I know... I could stop following this case, but it's so damn interesting I haven't been able to. However, not so sure how many more sleepless nights I can handle.

I know that sounds intense, and of course it's a bit dramatic. Just trying to get my point across. Anyone else feel the same way?

Am wondering about an IV drip or infusion pump for administering the morphine he had been looking into? IV drips beep when the fluid has run out. Also, the infusion pumps beep when the battery is running down.
That alarm sound on an IV is very similar! Good call! However, we don't see an IV in him, or a pole or tubes, at any point in the film, so I think it's unlikely. I wouldn't even see reason to hide that.

It was actually confirmed that the trash pickup was delayed, correct?

A long time ago I watched a fake snuff video by Nine Inch Nails because a boyfriend (ex now) wouldn't tell me what was on this vhs tape so I popped it into the video player and found out by watching. By the end I almost vomited and then I had nightmares for a while. He had bought it on the streets of San Fran; it was a rare edition not released to the general public. The FBI proved that it was a fake. Even so, it's part of the reason I won't watch the 1 Man 1 Icepick video; I know I won't be able to handle it.

Judging from my experience with the fake snuff video, I'd say that in time you will probably feel relatively normal again. You just might be more cautious or fearful than before. It takes a while for the mind to shake off the creepy associations (the atmosphere) it picks up while exposed to subject matter like this. We all probably need to take a break from it.

You are correct -It is gruesome. Now I clearly remember why I will never watch it again.
After some additional thought I feel that it is highly unlikely that he had an accomplice. If there was someone else there, why all the crappy, awkward filming, propping a table on the bed to rest the camera, oddly timed film cuts, etc? I would hope that if someone else was there tha between the two of them they would have created a more seemless and higher quality film. The only thing worse than his camera/filming skills are his editing skills.

People talk about other films having been more horrific and disturbing, but there is something about the lighting, music, anonymity of perpetrator, and passionless and mechanical assault that make this thing stick with you in the worst of ways. The film (and subsequent research) has burrowed its way into my mind like a parasite injecting its larvae, which are now invading every recess of my mind, body, soul. I feel like it has changed me for the worst, making me angry, suspicious, paranoid, and disgusted with society on so many levels. And disgusted with myself for watching it in the first place, and for continuing to feed it. I know, I know... I could stop following this case, but it's so damn interesting I haven't been able to. However, not so sure how many more sleepless nights I can handle.

I know that sounds intense, and of course it's a bit dramatic. Just trying to get my point across. Anyone else feel the same way?

This may have been mentioned before, but there are tons of heart rate wavs on the internet that he could have had looping..

That's what I suggested, maybe it is just a sound effect looping wav he added while editing the audio of the video, there are free samples with sounds of that stuff
'Heart Monitor Beep Sound Effect '
http://youtu.be/97VrhvZqdFo
"cardiac arrest ecg'.
http://youtu.be/_F3HGwpL7uY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics