Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how the defence would use this to their advantage?

Even if Allison was depressed I'm not saying she was what relevance does it have?

Allison was Murdered

All IMO

Not that I agree with the whole depression thing being relevant to the MURDER case... but I bet the defence will at least TRY to put across that maybe because of it she made poor GBC's life miserable... blah blah, therefore drove him to do what he did. Doesn't have to be an ounce of truth in it for them to try and use it.

My imagination in overdrive now. Allison scratches GBC whilst fighting for her life. GBC realises that his skin will be under her fingernails. GBC rings daddy in a panic . The great white hunter suggests getting rid of the evidence (ie Allison's hand) and brings the tool to do the job from his shed. He has the stomach to do it because of his hunting experience. IMO and imagination.

Not that I agree with the whole depression thing being relevant to the MURDER case... but I bet the defence will at least TRY to put across that maybe because of it she made poor GBC's life miserable... blah blah, therefore drove him to do what he did. Doesn't have to be an ounce of truth in it for them to try and use it.

He is pleading Not Guilty IMO.

So this info does not come up unless jury find him Guilty and then he is being sentenced.

His Counsel will then perhaps use depression of victim as mitigating circumstances to try and lessen his head sentence.

There will no plea entered tomorrow, it is only a mention to keep it moving through the court dates....doubt there will be any new news at all.

Only new pics of a new Legal boofhead lol
Has it been confirmed that GBC now has that celebrity lawyer? I thought that he was denied access to GBC. Isn't he also a movie maker? Make a movie to recoup legal costs? IMO.

He is pleading Not Guilty IMO.

So this info does not come up unless jury find him Guilty and then he is being sentenced.

His Counsel will then perhaps use depression of victim as mitigating circumstances to try and lessen his head sentence.

What ever happened to "in sickness and in health". Weak *advertiser censored*!

This makes me wonder... If he did it and wants to plead not guilty, then he has to come up with some other way of her being killed/at the bridge etc, doesn't he... some other suspect? {I don't mean HE has to, but put doubt out there about someone else being responsible}
Whereas if he pleads guilty, this is where he tries to come up with some reason that he was either driven to it/temp insanity/manslaughter... am I right?
So, if the police know he did it and there is enough evidence, wouldn't he be a fool to say he didn't do it, and had nothing to do with it? {We know he's a fool, but yeah.}

The only way that ABC's alleged depression would be relevant to the defense would be in supporting his innocent plea i.e. Allison was depressed and this led to her demise.To use it as an excuse for HIS actions would imply guilt. IMO

It seems to me that originally GBC was going for the "Went out for a walk, randomly attacked" scenario, but then may have realised that this wasn't going to aid the insurance claim or get the police off his back ie: no murderer found, no COD etc and so then the change of course and attempts to steer it toward the suicide theory. MOO

Has it been confirmed that GBC now has that celebrity lawyer? I thought that he was denied access to GBC. Isn't he also a movie maker? Make a movie to recoup legal costs? IMO.

July 07, 2012

Gerard Baden-Clay has had several visitors since being jailed, including from high-profile criminal lawyers Chris Nyst and Michael Bosscher

However, it is understood only his original solicitor, Darren Mahony, has been retained, along with barrister Peter Davis SC

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rectional-centre/story-e6freoof-1226419399042

Yep...will it be guilty...or...not guilty....

Link for court law list...updates 6.45am & 8.45am

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__external/CourtsLawList/BrisbaneMagCourt.pdf

Just had a strange thought - what are we going to do with all those spare hours if he DOES plead guilty? Has become awfully comfortable in here and though of course I want justice for darling Allison, I'll miss this stimulating, witty, kind group of (as someone else has stated) nicest people I've never met!!

haha, he should be grateful if there was caterpillar hair in the vaccuum as it would prove that he was attacked by a mob of them.

Yep....but hopefully they're from Kholo Creek...lol.

Or alternatively to what I said about the insurance not being paid, there were things which if that had been the case, perhaps Allison wouldn't have had with her, and thus in an attempt to explain those away, the suicide insinuations. MOO

The only way that ABC's alleged depression would be relevant to the defense would be in supporting his innocent plea i.e. Allison was depressed and this led to her demise.To use it as an excuse for HIS actions would imply guilt. IMO

Yeah, I was thinking that after I wrote it... that's why I posted again with my whole confusion about him pleading guilty/not guilty. You're right, if he pleads guilty then they may use her so called depression as a 'reason' blah blah.

If he wanted to get off lightly I don't know why he doesn't just plead guilty and come up with some fairytale about what 'really' happened. If they have the evidence he'd be even dumber than I thought to plead not guilty.

July 07, 2012

Gerard Baden-Clay has had several visitors since being jailed, including from high-profile criminal lawyers Chris Nyst and Michael Bosscher

However, it is understood only his original solicitor, Darren Mahony, has been retained, along with barrister Peter Davis SC

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rectional-centre/story-e6freoof-1226419399042

The Courier-Mail understands Baden-Clay has written to Queensland Corrective Services informing them he wants to extend his legal counsel from Jacobson Mahony Lawyers, to also include Bosscher Lawyers and Nyst Lawyers, thereby giving their representatives clearance to visit him in prison.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-baden-clay-team/story-fndo45r1-1226415091838

Hi,
I've decided to end my self-imposed silence!
I saw a chain outside Coles at the weekend- its the chain with the key on the end used to give you your dollar back on returning the small trolleys. Now they have removed the coin slots on the small trolleys but I saw a chain hanging there from one of the trolley collection bays- near the multistory car park. I didn't have time to check the other trolley collection bays. So there are, and definitely were actually chains outside Coles at Kenmore in April, and around the time of the murder.
Did someone post that NBC looked up the Scout Camp on Mount Crosby Road during the night ABC went missing? Might he have been checking on something before taking her there?
In my opinion GBC thought he was too clever for anyone to catch him, and had lived a charmed existence until the murder.
Finally, I recall driving from Brisbane through Kenmore around 10.45-11.00pm on April 19th. I had been thinking it was the day after but have checked a few things and now realise it was the 19th- and I recall seeing a vehicle near the bus stop, and there appeared to be a commotion. At the time I recall thinking I was glad it was on the opposite side of the road. I will contact the police, but my recollections are very vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419