Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
MARLYWINGS: Thank you for the link:cheers:

Fuskier I have to admit I did not read the post the first time as I do now. Is what you are suggesting that GBCs plans were to leave the country and maybe that is why the arrest was made? That would subsequently also make sense of your second part were it was reported that Nigelaine came home and had their neighbours unload the luggage. If this were to be correct he can forget any appeal against the bail decision.

Btw if he is going to appeal this he only has another 8 days from tomorrow as the 28 days expires on the 17th of July.

Great work Ladies and Gentleman. Going out on a limb here. Any chance of someone kayaking down with a body at that time from an upper point. Conversely, how hard would it be to go from downstream of where Allison was to paddle up to where she was found? Wouldnt need to be far - but I have not seen the site recently (this year).

I think not woombite

At the risk of sounding even more dumb... I could have read it wrong... but is there somewhere here where people write their personal stories? {Awww, come on, gimme a break... I'm tired, stressed and should have been in bed hours ago. lol}

* Not intending to be rude, and I understand some people not interested in reading through pages of personal input, but there is something powerful about what is happening in this group. If it helps just one person gain their respect and strength to walk away from someone who might be hurting them, it is worth spending time here. MOO. May I suggest any posts with personal anecdotes may be marked with an * so those who don't care to read can skip over them? Dunno...

Jools, what exactly do yo mean by "self imposed silence?"

There is a also a forum here (with mods permission?) which would be devoted wholly and solely to DV

http://www.womensforumaustralia.com/significant-issues/violence-against-women

Possum, as usual, I am undecided! After much debate, I still 'feel' like she was placed there, and its based on only a few things. It seems unlikely she just happened to wash up and come to rest under the bridge. There is nothing there that 'snagged' her that stands out. To me. He has been charged with interfering with a corpse at kholo bridge which indicates the police believe he was there. Allicat got a feeling everytime she drove over the bridge in those 11 days before she was found. And finally, just my gut feeling. But the scout camp also seemed to provide a reasonable theory too, the others after a lot of discussion have (I think) discarded the idea she was tossed over or dragged down from this point. It makes more sense that she washed downbased on the lack of broken bones (and the hugely difficult task of climbing down there in the dark but I'm still hesitant to disregard my initial feeling

Is it possible that she was placed at the top of the steep area or only part way down it? Then when the river rose on the weekend after her disappearance, and perhaps rose that high, her body was moved by the water as it receded and stopped where she was discovered. It would have receded much slower than it rose.

Fuskier I have to admit I did not read the post the first time as I do now. Is what you are suggesting that GBCs plans were to leave the country and maybe that is why the arrest was made? That would subsequently also make sense of your second part were it was reported that Nigelaine came home and had their neighbours unload the luggage. If this were to be correct he can forget any appeal against the bail decision.

Btw if he is going to appeal this he only has another 8 days from tomorrow as the 28 days expires on the 17th of July.

It was bags unloaded, not luggage. I presumed it was shopping.

Yes.....in Rhodesia or wherever they came from...lol.

Funnier things have happened - a local identity's marriage btoke down after his wife ran away with HIS female secretary with their kids to NZ. He 'borrowed' passport of good friend who looked similar in appearance and went overseas. Was sprung but not befor he arrived at other end.
I just recall another poster saying how similar GBC and brother looked. Guess we will never know if that was an escape route for GBC.

Just thinking this one through. I thought that in the report on the afffidavit or in his lawyers statement GBC said that he wasn't a flight risk as he did not have a valid Australiam passport. I will look for that again.

However, if he was born in England, and lived in Zimbabwe he may have been eligible for either a European or Zimbabwean one. Maybe that is what they were searching for, another passport.

Those passports would be more easily watched/accounted for then aussie ones, they would be of no help whatsoever to them

Just my opinion...the arrest was postponed at least twice as police were still wanting to collect evidence. I think the house was "bugged" from when it was a crime scene...Inspector Ainsworth "heard" about possible flight plans so went in for the arrest at Toowong...at the same time the girls were taken from school & eventually handed to the Dickies.

On the arrest night police went back into the house to search for possible dodgy passports or identity documents.

Nads, I will leave that for Indromum, Minni and Bellgirl to answer as I found it hard to see scratches sorry. IMO
I personally believe (after climbing the railing and attempting to go down there myself) that I could not possibly have got down under the bridge on the lefthand side (pipeside)it is basically a cliff drop, heavily overgrown and you cannot tell even in broad daylight whether you are lookin at shrubs or trees and ether there is ground or not beneath the shrubs. As for the rightside its been heavily cleared now, but is definately not half as steep. The police clearly chose this. Side to access the area as it is in my opinion much easier to circumnavigate even before being cleared, it would have been mos tly tall grass. He could possibly have dragged her this way IF he knew the area. I wonder if this is the spot where drag marks were reportedly seen that first week? One thing is, it is hard to put together the 'why" of this spot. I think if he chose the scout camp, that would connecxhhim which would just be plain stupid, but we've all agreed that that is his middle name so its very hard to know the methods in this madness

Is it possible that she was placed at the top of the steep area or only part way down it? Then when the river rose on the weekend after her disappearance, and perhaps rose that high, her body was moved by the water as it receded and stopped where she was discovered. It would have receded much slower than it rose.
Also possible KG1. Over and out for me. See you all tomorrow.

Funnier things have happened - a local identity's marriage btoke down after his wife ran away with HIS female secretary with their kids to NZ. He 'borrowed' passport of good friend who looked similar in appearance and went overseas. Was sprung but not befor he arrived at other end.
I just recall another poster saying how similar GBC and brother looked. Guess we will never know if that was an escape route for GBC.

Yes I posted a photo of the brother a few days back & mentioned how similar they look...even down to the grey in the beard...

https://plus.google.com/118154241701375304057#118154241701375304057/posts

If it was me, I'd be too scared to do a runner. But then I would not have killed anyone... I'd have thought it would be way too obvious for him to skip the country. Maybe Leonardo Decaprio can play him in the movie... didn't he play that escapee guy in that other movie... Geez, I'm thinking I really need to go to bed. My credibility is failing fast tonight.

That was my first thought. Its not a big drop at all at the befginning of the bridge, and we thought he might have rolled her over, them scrambled down the side, then pulled her under more and out of view. But that waas before we identified her positioning and it didn't seem logical after that for him to take her down to the spot where, at high tide, she is submerged, but at lowtide, exposed

If he had taken off while on bail, would he have gone to a country that would allow him to stay there and that we had no jurasdiction over? No exile requests, etc?

hey there, we don't have jurisdiction over anyone in that regard (country), nor exile requests.

What your looking for is extradition, where a country or state release a person to face a crime in the right region/area/state/country.

There is a also a forum here (with mods permission?) which would be devoted wholly and solely to DV

http://www.womensforumaustralia.com/significant-issues/violence-against-women

Diggity
I appreciate your sentiment and I am sure it comes from a good place, but I think what has become very clear throughout the months of this forum how entrenched violence against women really is. Why should the women on this forum go and discuss this type of violence, away from here when it is clearly a part of the case. You will not hear anyone here suggest that people go off and talk about technology on a CN (computer Nerd ) forum or for the legal people to discuss the intricate details of committal hearing versus mention on a LE forum.

I object to this issue always being regarded as something women only should talk about. They are mostly the victims, more than likely like Allison. This is a matter that needs to be talked about by Men, children, everyone IMO.

hey there, we don't have jurisdiction over anyone in that regard (country), nor exile requests.

What your looking for is extradition, where a country or state release a person to face a crime in the right region/area/state/country.

Yes, that's what I meant, extradition. So where do you think he would have headed ? I guess he had 2 choices, live under his real name and not be extradited, or live under a false name for the rest of his life... which I think would be very hard to do.

Actually I hink that's important. Where she was found the water level varies up to nearly a metreand a half. So at high tide she would be submerged and at low tide exposed. So what would anchor her there during the different levels? Unless she was anchored there somehow, its more likely she came to rest here. ...frustratin questions are back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member