LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right. The funerals I've been too had the green turf over it until the service is over and then the family moves away while the coffin is lowered into the vault. Most other people do to so they can talk with the family and kind of keep them busy while they are being lowered.

I don't think cement is involved. The green turf grass just covers the dirt and makes it look nice. Then is removed before filling in the grave.

can someone link the Q&A press release so that everyone can be sure to read. I think there were some answers in the Q&A that put some speculations to rest.

check out page one of this thread

I see there is still discussion of Mickey being hit at the Circle K. Physics aside, I just listened again to Chief Craft in the press-conference Q & A say that Mickey was taken somewhere between "St. Landry & St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum." It is obvious that he was describing "Point A" and "Point B," not naming three points. He paused between "St. Landry" and "St. Mary" to recollect St. Mary as the cross-street. He was using the first two street names to describe one specific point - an intersection. Were he trying to describe three separate points, and not be naming an intersection, he would not use the word, "between;" he would use language like, "somewhere along." St. Landry and St. Mary are perpendicular. One would not use the word, "between," to describe their spatial relationship.

Those here who keep saying that we don't know that Mickey wasn't hit at the Circle K, to keep alive - I suppose - the idea that the picture shows that, should listen to the chief again.

If she was taken between the intersection of St. Landry and St. Mary (Point A), and Blackham Coliseum (Point B), then she could not have been hit at Circle K in my thinking. If she were hit at Circle K, is the thinking that after her bike was crushed she outran a truck, on foot, all the way down to past the hospital? I can't believe that.

Sure, the picture has some anomalies. But Chief Craft told us in the press conference where the abduction happened, and it wasn't across from the Circle K.

Listen to the Q & A for yourself. Click part 4 of the audio.

please read this post! please don't ignore released evidence/information and believe what you want to!

So question - How does one go about looking up property records in St. Landry Parish? The reason I ask is this:

"In July 2010, Lavergne bought a piece of property in Bayou Ridge Subdivision, off U.S. 190 in rural St. Landry Parish. The purchase included a mobile home that sits on the corner of Leslie Road and Elaine Lane, according to the St. Landry Parish Clerk of Court’s office"

http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012120707001

I took this to mean he bought some OTHER land off of 190 that included the purchase of the mobile home, as there are quotes from other sources that the land he is currently on had a house there until last year and he lived in that house. Obviously I could be wrong reading that all wrong, but at the very lease it needs to be looked into to see if he owns any other property.

Source and quote about house fire and how long he's lived there: (bbm)

"I was shocked as hell. I couldn't even eat yesterday," Shirley said Friday, sitting on her porch as investigators combed the area.
Shirley said Lavergne moved to the area about two years ago and she got to know him when the large white house on his lot burned last year.
"He was in my house for more than a hour when his house burned. I never would have thought that of him," Shirley said.
She said Lavergne tended to keep to himself, only occasionally being visited by a woman Shirley described as his girlfriend or another man about Lavergne's age."

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/207080320/Teams-continue-search-clues

He was arrested in his new truck, which was very similar to his last one.

I know there are a million trucks like this as has been discussed frequently, but interesting that he would buy a replacement so very similar to the one he had destroyed. It makes sense that the scrutiny and fear of discovery of the original truck, and any secrets it may hold, were the reasons he got rid of it, but then why get another so very similar? Old habits die hard?

:lurk:
BBM
I agree with these posts and wondered if you get a group to go out and search there, you might want to check out Fontenot Cemetery which is only 1 ml NW of the red barn and BSL mobile home. I used megsy's original google map and looked for close cemeteries which looked secluded and found this one. It looks VERY secluded and not far from his home. What do you think? Worth checking? https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=30.514025,-92.249622&spn=0.012478,0.026157

I would suggest the cemetary in Richard, just outside of Church Point, too. It's "famous" because of the Little Cajun Saint, Charlene, is buried there. WB is "famous" for more nefarious reasons. Regardless, it is rural and may be the closest cemetary that is really secluded. Thoughts?

Not sure where this came about "the bite on hand" but it was asked at the press conference and the police said they couldn't comment. He is also viewed to have a newly healed scar on his neck in his latest mugshot and it was reported he had scratches on his hands and arms

When he did his RSO check in shortly after being Mickey went missing, they noted scars on his abdomen and hand, both from surgery.

Thank you I am quiet aware that the truck didn't have his name on it. But why wouldn't LE say that she was hit/run over they have no need to hide this information. And y'all didn't answer my question if this is your inside information or your personal opinion?

Look at Aussie Girl, picking up "y'all" LOL! You go Aussie!

I know there are a million trucks like this as has been discussed frequently, but interesting that he would buy a replacement so very similar to the one he had destroyed. It makes sense that the scrutiny and fear of discovery of the original truck, and any secrets it may hold, were the reasons he got rid of it, but then why get another so very similar? Old habits die hard?

I assume his reasoning was that so people would not know he had a new truck.

FYI, all: Nancy Grace is discussing Mickey and the arrest of Brandon Lavergne tonight, according to her web site. She's also taking calls about it now, 877-626-2901, according to her Twitter account.

Nancy Grace
www.hlntv.com
HLN is the national television network that focuses on the “must-see, must-share” stories of the day.

Cemetery, c-e-m-e-t-e-r-y, cemetery. This post from a grumpy English teacher falls at random.
:D:D:D:D:D
LOL, LOL, LOL!!!! Thank goodness for those English teachers. I read your post and got the biggest kick out of it..sorry; carry on....

:lurk:

BBM
I agree with these posts and wondered if you get a group to go out and search there, you might want to check out Fontenot Cemetery which is only 1 ml NW of the red barn and BSL mobile home. I used megsy's original google map and looked for close cemeteries which looked secluded and found this one. It looks VERY secluded and not far from his home. What do you think? Worth checking? https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=30.514025,-92.249622&spn=0.012478,0.026157

I would not suggest doing that.

I do not think the video footage that LE "picked up" on the day of BL arrest had actual footage of MS. Maybe just the bike in the bed/or damage to the truck that was not there in previous videos. I think if it did, this was POOR LE work. Why would they have that evidence and leave it there until the arrest day with the chance of it being "misplaced or lost"?

I am curious about a couple things in regards to the mobile home.
1. Skirting being replaced. Now I am not aware of how it is all attached, but wondering if something was hidden there immediately after that he later dispossed of and he now had to replace?/MO
2. The fire to the previous mobile home on the property. Could he have been burning evidence from a previous crime too? Just a thought/MO

I think he purposely mispelled his name on the FB site to throw off anyone that might be looking him up on the RSO site. And because he was getting flack from the fiances/gf family, he tampered with his DL. It was apparant he did not want to be associated as being a RSO. MOO

Yeah, it was apparent. He was going through the process to try and have his name removed from the registry. Guess he counted his chickens before the hatched, removing it from his driver's license a bit prematurely.

BBM: Not necessarily. A close friend was recently killed by a drunk driver while riding his bike. He initially flew onto the hood of the car then was thrown forward into a nearby ditch. According to forensics, witness testimony and admission of the driver, the car was traveling approximately 55-60mph when he was hit. Also, to those who say if she were hit, there would be blood or debris at the scene...not necessarily. I'm thinking BSL was going far slower than 55-60mph, and even at that rate of speed, there were no open injuries/wounds noted on my friend. He died when his brain dislodged and slammed into his skull. All internal wounds. :(

Total brainfart on my part. I meant to say ahead of, not behind. My position all along has been that likely the cyclist would be propelled forward, possibly off to the side some, but not backward. Unless, of course, they were thrown onto the roof of the vehicle and rolled off and behind the vehicle.

I should not be posting before my 2nd cup of coffee kicks in. :banghead:

i THINK that area is around Souvenir Gate along Coliseium Road. There is a field that a local said was searched a while back with crime scene tape put up that was behind the Cajundome. I'm wondering if that field is near the gravel? I am going to watch Bayou Becky's video again to see the route on camera.

For any newcomers, be sure to check out Bayou Becky's video. It's linked at the start of every thread I think.

Lourdes' new parking lot, where the mental clinic used to be, has a pile of shells on the corner.

JMO here... thinking out loud...

i wonder if there is other video that might show BSL pulling up to talk to Mickey... maybe offering to give her a ride. she might have still been moving and never stopped, just looked over her shoulder and said "no thanks"... then maybe that made him mad (rejection triggers rage in some perps), so he fell behind and then sped up and rammed her from behind. i believe that his whole intent was to abduct her no matter what.. but i think some sort of rejection may have really gotten him revved up. (psych major here, lol)

ughhh the mugshot pic... his eyes seem like there is just no one (sane) home.

One only has to consider BSL's past. Beginning in early childhood to conclude that he is a very evil sadistic psychopathic serial sexual predator. Ironically, sex is not his primary motive, but having the control of life and death of his innocent victim/s, while simultaneousy outwitting LE/investigators; cat & mouse, while evening the score for his prior wrongful encarceration(in his eyes).

This is confirmed, imo, due to the four appeals filed in his prior conviction, claiming ineffective counsel, illegal sentencing. and a violation of his constitutional rights,

as well as the violent abduction/murder of another innocent victim Mickey Schunick...

Good question! We may never know unless they took down names? Can anyone who took part in searches answer this question? However, I'd say he was quiet busy trying to destroy evidence and working offshore JMO

They did take down all names. Pre-TES someone could have jotted down a fake name, but after TES, there were actually applications filled out and ID's required.

Dunno if this is just strange coincidence, but the FB page of the Spring/Conroe man that was a Facebook "family member" on the misspelled BSL account was deactivated overnight.

Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. He's the one with a vacant property near the state park where the truck was found burned, right? We've been wondering how he got from his burnt truck to where he reported is truck missing (albeit it could have been done online) or to a rental car agency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998