Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when NBC and the police are face to face?

yes! very awkward! would he be over excited and over chatty, compensating for not giving them a statement and at the same time paranoid he might come across as guilty of something, like i do whenever i go through customs!
what a nightmare!

I don't think there's such a charge as "interfering with a corpse at Kholo Creek". I think the charge would be "Interfering with a corpse" at Kholo Creek.

You are probably right, Nads - but the fact that a specific place is mentioned, in reference to the charge of 'interfering with a corpse', then it would seem to me that it would have some legal significance.

JMO

yes! very awkward! would he be over excited and over chatty, compensating for not giving them a statement and at the same time paranoid he might come across as guilty of something, like i do whenever i go through customs!
what a nightmare!

Yes- I'm like you re: customs or any similar situations. I could never murder someone because it would be written all over my face ( oh, and it's illegal!). Somehow I think his arrogance would get him through! IMO

Do I need to remind you all about our self help group, WSAnon? I don't create these groups just for fun people....clearly your not attending all the meetings if your still in your jammies at dinner time!

Yes and the group is located here......

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178139"]Chit Chat and Banter - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If we keep going off topic here we are all going to be on a time out.

Hi all :) Not many chances to get on here today.

I see there was some question about Little Ugly Creek? It enters Kholo Creek just before Kholo passes under the main road bridge. But Little Ugly is very tortuous there, and also very "snaggy" with branches etc. I can't really see a body washing out of there - even with the torrent that would have flowed that weekend - then ending up on the eastern side of Kholo Creek, which is where Allison was found. The flow would be all wrong.

I think it much more likely that if she were placed somewhere further up Kholo Creek - in the vicinity of the Scout camp - then she could quite feasibly have been washed downstream, swung around the outside of the bend (a right-hand turn as you come down Kholo Creek) and hooked up under the bridge on that outer radius of the curve. As I've pointed out before, it's very lucky that she wasn't washed all the way out into the Brisbane River. The whole Kholo Creek scenario would never have been known.

Just my 'umble opinion, as always ;)

IF she'd been placed up around the scout camp...there's two ways to get there...Bunya Street & Flaggy Creek Road...both have houses the way along & both of these end some distance before the creek which would mean he/they would have to carry her body to the creek, unless there's easy enough access by 4wd??

Also...you mention Little Ugly Creek as being "very tortuous there, and also very "snaggy" with branches etc"....the same would be said for Kholo Creek where the two creeks join together?? Considering it seems such a long way for a body to travel down from scout camp to Kholo Bridge with a lot more bends it would have just as many, if not more, branches/snags etc??

IF her body came out of Little Ugly, swirling/raging water around the pylons (as other locals have described it) could have swung her over to the opposite bank then swirled back to where she was found.

I've been wondering if either NBC or OW are arrested will they retain their own lawyer or can they use GBC's lawyer. If they did have separate lawyers would they then work against each other and perhaps dob the other in to get a lighter sentence. Any thoughts?

I've been wondering if either NBC or OW are arrested will they retain their own lawyer or can they use GBC's lawyer. If they did have separate lawyers would they then work against each other and perhaps dob the other in to get a lighter sentence. Any thoughts?

They might be able to get a special deal with the one lawyer...two for the price of one??...lol..

Just in case anyone else is following the Colorado shooting - this site has good coverage:
http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx

And the websleuths thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179332"]Shooting at a Colorado movie - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

OT - sorry!

IF she'd been placed up around the scout camp...there's two ways to get there...Bunya Street & Flaggy Creek Road...both have houses the way along & both of these end some distance before the creek which would mean he/they would have to carry her body to the creek, unless there's easy enough access by 4wd??

Also...you mention Little Ugly Creek as being "very tortuous there, and also very "snaggy" with branches etc"....the same would be said for Kholo Creek where the two creeks join together?? Considering it seems such a long way for a body to travel down from scout camp to Kholo Bridge with a lot more bends it would have just as many, if not more, branches/snags etc??

IF her body came out of Little Ugly, swirling/raging water around the pylons (as other locals have described it) could have swung her over to the opposite bank then swirled back to where she was found.

Taking note of your post last night MWQL, it was really really dark out, no moon, walking through dense bush would be tough. makes me think, do caterpillars come out at night? or are they day creepers?

Hi all :) Not many chances to get on here today.

I see there was some question about Little Ugly Creek? It enters Kholo Creek just before Kholo passes under the main road bridge. But Little Ugly is very tortuous there, and also very "snaggy" with branches etc. I can't really see a body washing out of there - even with the torrent that would have flowed that weekend - then ending up on the eastern side of Kholo Creek, which is where Allison was found. The flow would be all wrong.

I think it much more likely that if she were placed somewhere further up Kholo Creek - in the vicinity of the Scout camp - then she could quite feasibly have been washed downstream, swung around the outside of the bend (a right-hand turn as you come down Kholo Creek) and hooked up under the bridge on that outer radius of the curve. As I've pointed out before, it's very lucky that she wasn't washed all the way out into the Brisbane River. The whole Kholo Creek scenario would never have been known.

Just my 'umble opinion, as always ;)

I think JMO, that is why the consulting engineers have been there this week with their tripods. To answer these real questions for prosecution at Kholo Creek Bridge buddy.

Jensen Bowers Brisbane Queensland Australia town planners, surveyors,engineers, project managers, building.

Today, 10:43 AM
STELLA85
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

i Just crossed Kholo Crossing in bound, there are 2 Utes parked on the clearing near the Cross, it has Jensen Bowers on the side of the utes.

Taking note of your post last night MWQL, it was really really dark out, no moon, walking through dense bush would be tough. makes me think, do caterpillars come out at night? or are they day creepers?

I will ask my dad tomorrow. He will know.

In my opinion, GBC's lawyers would not agree to represent any persons charged as accomplices. They would need to get their own lawyer and probably a different one for each charged accomplice. As each lawyer has to act in the best interests of their client, those interests would likely be in conflict between each person charged as each person's involvement would be different. I am very surprised that other family members have not sought their own legal advice, though of course they may well have, we just don't know. More lawyers also means substantially more legal fees and more financial pressure. It will only get worse as time goes on, committal, trial etc.

A lawyer can't represent two defendants at the same trial. Your second point is on the money. Each lawyer would be trying to save his client at the expense of the other defendant. Not unusual for defendants in joint trials to blame each other.......happened here at a recent murder trial. Jury found one guilty of murder and the other guilty of accessory after the fact.

Hairy caterpillars

The caterpillars appear to prefer certain species of eucalypt and bloodwood trees, but little is known about their natural enemies. They grow into a native species of moth—Panacela sp.

The caterpillars generally live in a silken bag binding together twigs and leaves
of the host tree. Shelters are sometimes constructed around the trunk of the tree at ground level or between the forks of major branches. The caterpillars shelter during the day and leave the bag to feed at night, often stripping the host tree of leaves.When fully grown, the caterpillars leave their shelters to spin a cocoon among foliage, under bark or among leaf litter on the ground. During this stage many of the caterpillars wander over the ground looking for a place to pupate.

http://bundaberg.qld.gov.au/files/Hairy Caterpillar Fact Sheet.pdf

images

Yes and the group is located here......

Chit Chat and Banter - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If we keep going off topic here we are all going to be on a time out.

Hairy caterpillars

The caterpillars appear to prefer certain species of eucalypt and bloodwood trees, but little is known about their natural enemies. They grow into a native species of moth—Panacela sp.

The caterpillars generally live in a silken bag binding together twigs and leaves
of the host tree. Shelters are sometimes constructed around the trunk of the tree at ground level or between the forks of major branches. The caterpillars shelter during the day and leave the bag to feed at night, often stripping the host tree of leaves.When fully grown, the caterpillars leave their shelters to spin a cocoon among foliage, under bark or among leaf litter on the ground. During this stage many of the caterpillars wander over the ground looking for a place to pupate.

http://bundaberg.qld.gov.au/files/Hairy Caterpillar Fact Sheet.pdf
Thanks MWQL (I like that title!)
I bet GBC wished he had googled that as well, and I hope he did claim he was bitten during the day which would make the story he is spinning even less likely.

I haven't travelled up Flaggy Creek Road, but Bunya Road has two padlocked gates - one at the Scout Camp entrance and one at the end of the road. If NBC had a key to these locks, then he and GBC could easily drive the 4WD/s closer to Kholo Creek.

However, I find it hard to imagine that they would have unlocked the first gate and entered the dirt drive to the Hall, as there are three houses that are very close to the roadside. One of these houses is directly across from this padlocked gate. It would be so quiet out there at night, any noise or disturbance would be easily heard. The end of the road would have been a better option, as there are no houses there - just the padlocked gate. And as I said, NBC may well have a key.

I agree with you Marly, Kholo Creek would be very snaggy with many broken or over hanging branches as well, and it would be a long distance for a body to travel to the crossing. However, it is much wider than Ugly Creek. Maybe this would help a body to flow through more easily than the narrow Ugly Creek?

When I visited with some other lovely posters from here a few weeks ago, I noticed a very large tree that had fallen across Kholo Creek about 20 mts up stream from where Allison's body was. This may actually be close to where Ugly Creek joins? Anyway, even though this would have been a major obstacle, I still felt that at high tide and with all the deluge of rain that we had on the Friday night before she was found, she still would have floated over or around this easily. So I believe that this could be said for Ugly Creek too. I know it's windy, but when you're there, you actually do get a sense that Allison could very well have washed down one of these creeks quite easily - despite the branches and snags in either creek.

I'm leaning more towards Ugly Creek too Marly - mostly because it's so secluded. I had an eery feeling driving up there and Mani's photos of the creek and especially the box culvert seem quite a likely place for GBC to have placed Allison's body. There are no houses close by to see a parked car or someone in action. The reports of howling dogs also speak volumes to me. Having said that, yes it's a narrow, windy creek with probably many snags as Doc said.

However, I'm probably more for GBC placing Allison upstream, because I personally feel that GBC did not place her under the crossing. Standing under that crossing, you can easily see the Brisbane River only a short distance down from where she lay. If GBC put her here, she surely would have been easily washed out to the BR with the downpour that we had. IMO the horizontal pipes would not have stopped her. She was also found so low on that muddy bank, it would have been a long way down for GBC to have carried her and also a real challenge through rough scrub, low trees and even lower branches on a fairly steep bank and in complete darkness. In addition, you would have to be an absolute i---- to park on the side of Mt Crosby Road, pull a body out of the back of the car, and carry it down the bank or even throw it over the crossing. A passerby could come at any time and there's no warning (especially people travelling inbound). As a previous poster said, any motorist would have their high beam on and would light up a parked car/s or action, just like that. But, as I said only an i---- would do this, so I maybe very wrong!

All MOO!

PS. Sorry, this has taken me ages to post, as I've had a phone call and putting two children to bed in between 'submitting'! I am very used to our lovely, fun Friday nights - hope I'm not spoiling the mood by being too serious :)

Hi MW - yes, good points. Maybe we're over-thinking things a bit? Maybe the simplest solution is the most likely? And that, perhaps, is that the car pulled off the road at that little runoff just at the eastern end of the bridge, on the upstream side (i.e. just AFTER the bridge if driving inbound towards Brisbane). If he/they pulled off the road there, then dumped the body down the bank of the creek there, which is just about at the confluence of Little Ugly and Kholo Creeks, maybe just into the mouth of Ugly Ck, and maybe it was just in the scrub rather than in the water. And it wasn't until all that rain and the flood surge washed it into the creek, then perhaps as you suggest, the turbulence and eddy currents around the bridge washed it around onto that eastern side of the main creek under the road bridge.

Maybe the body hadn't come far at all?

Still room for conjecture, I guess.... will be very interesting to hear - finally - what theories the police and prosecution have. But I fear we're in for a long wait for that info :banghead:

I put a piece of this post into my tagline, as it is something I hope that Allison's children know about themselves, and of course, their mum:

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
― A.A. Milne

sorry, its probably off topic... but thinking about the girls and their future today, and that having faith in yourself can make all the difference

These are the most beautiful words I have heard. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong