Sidebar Discussion #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that there are only 3 books out in the Criminal Law category!

When I typed in Murder & Mayhem True Accounts (ha!), and narrowed it down to books released in the last 30 days, there were a grand total of six. Baez's book on magical thinking was listed first; I guess 'cos it's the most recent release?

Grisham says that the jury "probably made the right decision"? :what::what: :furious:
I knew that his boring, politically agendized plots weren't the only reason I stopped buying his books. :shakehead:

Notice that the only accolades referring to the book itself is a quote by Geraldo Rivera, and he has the spine of a :snake:. Maybe Fox News should seriously consider canning him if they care about their ratings.

I do! I :heartbeat: John Grisham; have read everything he's ever written; really enjoy his quirky characters and his touches of dark humor. He's been both a lawyer and a politician, so unlike some lawyers we know, he can actually base his fiction on experience! (Take that, Mr. Skinny Jeans with Muffin Top...HA!)

I'll have to try him again based on your comments - and yes, I knew he was a lawyer etc., and loved him initially but found after about his first five he was getting pretty cookie cutter. I'd moved on to some on the Scandinavian authors, Tana French, etc. and some of the newer British authors....

:what: I knew that Grisham's boring, politically agendized plots weren't the only reason I stopped buying his books. :shakehead:

Notice that the only accolades referring to the book itself is a quote by Geraldo Rivera, and he has the spine of a :snake:. Maybe Fox News should seriously consider canning him if they care about their ratings.

Ack - he said that? Why oh why do authors comment on a case when they know nothing about it.:banghead:

Grisham says that the jury "probably made the right decision"? :what::what: :furious:
I knew that his boring, politically agendized plots weren't the only reason I stopped buying his books. :shakehead:

Baez and Grisham have a lot in common. Big chip on the shoulder..

Okay something very weird about Amazon's numbers - not that I am surprised. How is it possible for Baez' s Bomb to be in first and third place in Criminal Law at the same time? With John Grisham in the middle spot?:waitasec:

The Bomb is holding at #1205. I expect to see a massive effort to lift it up again...:what:

Yeah, I choked when I read that Grisham quote, too. But I still enjoy his books. To each his own.

Ack - he said that? Why oh why do authors comment on a case when they know nothing about it.:banghead:

Kathy Reichs is a friend of his. There was a picture of them together sometime during the trial at the forensics conference I believe.

I'll have to try him again based on your comments - and yes, I knew he was a lawyer etc., and loved him initially but found after about his first five he was getting pretty cookie cutter. I'd moved on to some on the Scandinavian authors, Tana French, etc. and some of the newer British authors....

And I'll look into Tana French...thanks! Always enjoy recommends from friends whose opinion I respect. :blowkiss:

Okay something very weird about Amazon's numbers - not that I am surprised. How is it possible for Baez' s Bomb to be in first and third place in Criminal Law at the same time? With John Grisham in the middle spot?:waitasec:

The Bomb is holding at #1205. I expect to see a massive effort to lift it up again...:what:

According to Amazon, he's first for the Kindle edition and third for the hardcover edition. Strange for sure, but his isn't the only book listed that way. Grisham is #2 for Kindle and #14 for paperback.

BBM. Oh please Mr. Grisham.:banghead:

May I assume you waded through the avalance of information in this case and came to this conclusion that the jury "probably" made the right decision?

Or, alternately, were you multi-tasking and writing your latest and greatest best seller.

How many years have you been out of "practice".......

Please stick to writing.....

According to Amazon, he's first for the Kindle edition and third for the hardcover edition. Strange for sure, but his isn't the only book listed that way. Grisham is #2 for Kindle and #14 for paperback.

I used to read Grisham and at least he is a real author..unlike JB. One thing you have to take into account is the length of time it has been out... Which i believe is 2010 for 'The innocent Man' ..Baezs "book" is a new release so really you cant compare the two.

Now if Baezs book has been out for 2 years and ahead of Grisham...then that will be a real comparison.

I don't care where she is. The only GOOD answer is....in hell IMO. You know, the only good snake is a dead snake thing. I hope she rots. Better yet, I think the news cams should set up outside the A house again. My second best scenario is that she goes home to mama.

Oh I hope she does go home to Mama. Those two freaks deserve each other. I'd give it 6 months, then Casey would carry out phase 2 of her plan. The one I think she was planning as she planned the murder of Caylee.

And I'll look into Tana French...thanks! Always enjoy recommends from friends whose opinion I respect. :blowkiss:

She is a fairly new author - I think has just published her fourth - if you can - try to read her first although I liked them all. Hope you enjoy...:seeya:

I do! I :heartbeat: John Grisham; have read everything he's ever written; really enjoy his quirky characters and his touches of dark humor. He's been both a lawyer and a politician, so unlike some lawyers we know, he can actually base his fiction on experience! (Take that, Mr. Skinny Jeans with Muffin Top...HA!)

Skinny jeans with muffin top!
Bwahahahahaha! Lmao!!!!

BBM. Oh please Mr. Grisham.:banghead:

May I assume you waded through the avalance of information in this case and came to this conclusion that the jury "probably" made the right decision?

Or, alternately, were you multi-tasking and writing your latest and greatest best seller.

How many years have you been out of "practice".......

Please stick to writing.....

Grishams quote was probably just some quick offhand remark that JB and company got ahold of and ran with. Most attorneys like to say the politically correct thing and respect the juries decision...

Unfortunately this jury did not deserve that respect.

I've been so busy this week I've just barely been able to keep up with the posts - but oh how hilarious is this fast-sinking ship?? The customer images you all have added have me ROARING in laughter. Carry on for Caylee. You guys rock! :rocker:

Has our MusikMan ever said why he was drug into this case and if it was by the State or the defense?

Sorry Late!!!
No. I believe he will have to wait until the civil trials are done and over with.

Grishams quote was probably just some quick offhand remark that JB and company got ahold of and ran with. Most attorneys like to say the politically correct thing and respect the juries decision...

Unfortunately this jury did not deserve that respect.

Doesn't Grisham write fiction???? In that case his quote is probably appropriate if he was basing it on this book being a fictional tale. jmo

I've been so busy this week I've just barely been able to keep up with the posts - but oh how hilarious is this fast-sinking ship?? The customer images you all have added have me ROARING in laughter. Carry on for Caylee. You guys rock! :rocker:

The funniest of the pictures to me is the one with baez and the girls when he went wife shopping.. and it was posted by one of his supporters who thought it was him, his wife and 2 daughters lol..
we set him straight .. but he said he still likes the picture lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member