*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a quick Google search of "seating plans cinemark theaters" and came up with http://www.ada.gov/cinemark/modified-theaters.html also look at the Google images for those search terms. There are many different charts available. I hope that helps!

Re: theater 9.. I have been personally extremely interested to see the interior of this theater and thus far have been unable to find even a blue print, diagram, or even similar theater image to give us an idea of the theater.. I know that it was equipped with an actual second floor balcony of seating and that it was at full capacity that night.. I'm very confused however due to certain descriptions from witnesses/victims about the multiple different ts.. Even some of the patrons were actually shocked that where they chose to run to actually there was also a set of exit doors that they didn't even know existed until they were bursting through them in attempting to get out of the theater..

So, IMO it's a very interesting aspect that I feel many are likely interested to see.. So I'll again ask does anyone know where we might find blue prints, diagrams, images, etc of the actual layout of this particular theater 9??.. And I'd assume that with it being a nationwide chain of theaters that many locations would be built from the exact same blueprints therefor we wouldnt necessarily have to have an image or blue print or this actual theater but rather any theater that is designed from this same 2 tier Cinemark theater blue print..

Anyone know??

The question isn't if he is mentally ill or not. Obviously anyone who shoots 70 innocent people is mentally ill.

The question, imo, is if he is too mentally ill to stand trial. And I am going to say no to that at this point. His ability to rig the booby trap and to plan the massacre out and to pull it off that night, buying the ticket, standing in line, sitting for awhile, faking the cell call, propping open the back door....all of that tells me he was lucid and organized and competent. Crazy and sick and twisted and cowardly, but competent to stand trial, imo.

no argument from me there.

Young parents do take their young babies and children out to all kinds of places I may not agree with.

It's hard being a young parent and so many buckle under the strain often harming their children. JMO, I'd rather they take their children with them than leave them alone in a car.

It's awful to start blaming these parents for doing anything at a time like this, or anytime, because really going to the movies even for children is often enjoyable. It's that nasty killer that ruined the experience!

Do you really think that someone who is mentally ill can't plan? :what:

That guy sitting in court trying to keep his eyes opened looked like a potted plant that couldn't plan anything. That's why I think it's an act.

Young parents do take their young babies and children out to all kinds of places I may not agree with.

It's hard being a young parent and so many buckle under the strain often harming their children. JMO, I'd rather they take their children with them than leave them alone in a car.

It's awful to start blaming these parents for doing anything at a time like this, or anytime, because really going to the movies even for children is often enjoyable. It's that nasty killer that ruined the experience!
No parent blaming on this forum.
not gonna happen.

I just did a quick Google search of "seating plans cinemark theaters" and came up with http://www.ada.gov/cinemark/modified-theaters.html also look at the Google images for those search terms. There are many different charts available. I hope that helps!

Not much detail, but...
http://www.denverpost.com/theatersh...rora-theater-unclear-wake-shooting?source=pkg
The theater was built in 1998 with 3,400 seats. It was operated by Century Theaters, which Cinemark bought in 2006.

I read this earlier today and found it incredibly interesting and heartbreaking. I know there are obvious differences in the two cases, but I think Susan's take on her son, what he did, and how he chose to end his life are very eyeopening. It is also a good reminder that families, even those in close proximity, are not always aware of growing mental illness, until it is very late.

http://www.oprah.com/world/Susan-Klebolds-O-Magazine-Essay-I-Will-Never-Know-Why

I do believe someone suffering a psychotic break can't plan ahead but rather reacts on impulse. If the apartment weren't booby-trapped, and if he hadn't started purchasing the guns four months ago I may feel differently.

Again, just my opinion.

Meanwhile will continue to pray for the victims and their families tonight........
:prayer:

MI comes in many variations even though biposlr has 3 types there are no two people with ipolsar that are alike.

YES they can plan, yes they can see a project through, and yes they ca be low key or evil and everything in between.

My daughter s severely Bipolar she can swing from one side to the other in moments. But she planned an awesome garden at her friend’s house (she was not on meds and really moody) when she is taking meds she is different. but if you had seen this garden you would have thought a professional did it.
She is not evil, she angry most of the time, and can talk in circles, and not focused. OR she can sound like a bright focused person.
THERE IS NOT ONE FACE to MI...

I took one look at him and I bet he is MI. the rest remains to be seen.

Prayes is righ.

I know this probalby off topic

Last night I was out late, My husband is working double shifts this week. we went to have dinner with him and me and my son stopped at McDonalds for ice cream and we went to the grocery store, He asked for gravy and biscuits in the morning. I needed bacon. It was about midnight. If something crazy happens, are people going to say i should not have had my 8 year son out at this time . My heart right now is with the 6 year olds mother fighting for her life and all the bad messages she will have to read about having her 6 year out that night.

we should not have to worry about crazy people, shooting can happen anywhere.
sorry that has been on my mind all day

I have the right to take my son to the midnight movie if i want to.
sorry again
You do have that right, where I have the issue with it is taking a 6-year-old to a particularly violent movie. I won't let my 11-year-old watch most PG-13 movies! Don't take that as my beating up on the mother- I know she's been through hell lately.

Why would someone post a picture of the JOKER to a facebook account 6 months ago with the name Sherlock Bond?

Sherlock Holmes + James Bond = James Holmes

or

Sherlock Holmes + James Bond = Sherlock Bond
https://www.facebook.com/sherlock.bond.7

I saw this on an other forum- I cant take credit for it. But it's bugging me...

JH used sherlock in his e-mail address (when applying to be a member of gun range, I believe). Is there anything else interesting on that facebook?

JH used sherlock in his e-mail address (when applying to be a member of gun range, I believe). Is there anything else interesting on that facebook?

No, nothing interesting except awful gruesome joker pictures-two of them.

I know this probalby off topic

Last night I was out late, My husband is working double shifts this week. we went to have dinner with him and me and my son stopped at McDonalds for ice cream and we went to the grocery store, He asked for gravy and biscuits in the morning. I needed bacon. It was about midnight. If something crazy happens, are people going to say i should not have had my 8 year son out at this time . My heart right now is with the 6 year olds mother fighting for her life and all the bad messages she will have to read about having her 6 year out that night.

we should not have to worry about crazy people, shooting can happen anywhere.
sorry that has been on my mind all day

I have the right to take my son to the midnight movie if i want to.
sorry again

No your right! Its been on my mind too. My husband and I were planning to go to the midnight show here, and my eight year old son saw the previews to Batman and begged to go with us. We were reluctant because it was late, but he really wanted to go. I've heard people saying that the movie is to violent for kids. I watched it, and it's no more volient than shows I've seen on network TV. IMO, Batman is a great hero for kids. He fights evil without killing or using guns. I know that after posting this there will be some just dying to give me the bad parenting speech, but I really don't care what anyone elses opinion is because I'm my son's mother and I've got a great kid and we are great parents. Regarding the six year old at a midnight show, who are we to pass judgement! This happened because sone evil sick monster decided to create his own real life horror movie. Besides, I thought judging victims in here was frowned upon, and the mother of the six year is a VICTIM! This mother is going to be living in a nightmare for the rest of her life and probably blame herself for the rest of her life for something that wasn't her fault.

That guy sitting in court trying to keep his eyes opened looked like a potted plant that couldn't plan anything. That's why I think it's an act.

Doesn't it make you wish for one of those jail visit videos with his folks like what we got spoiled on in CaseyA case?

Agreed, it was all an act. I don't think he is/was mentally ill- just evil looking for notoriety/revenge against society.

So the theater held 305 people.. 120 on the lower level and 185 on the second balcony.

I found the article that stated Holmes told police his apartment was rigged. It was in the Denver Post

http://www.timesherald.com/article/20120724/NEWS04/120729758/1006/james-holmes-apartment-complex-remains-sealed-residents-turned-away

It is possible for someone to go from a raging manic state to a humiliated depressive state in a matter of seconds. I'm not saying that is what happened. What I'm suggesting is that is incorrect to say "it doesn't make sense" he would tell the cops about the explosives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla