IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domestic violence is a cycle. Someone wants control and attempts to gain it through various types of abuse (not always physical, there are MANY forms of abuse), usually at a time when the other is pulling away from the relationship (due to smothering, or feeling the control, or wanting to turn over a new-leaf in life, get a fresh start elsewhere). There is then a break due to conflict and/or the abuse. This is when LE or social services is most likely to be involved. A lull happens for awhile. Eventually the lull is broken, the couple regain contact & communication, and a honeymoon period begins. Physical affection, gifts, promises to love forever and ever, to rebuild the family... occur during this time. Until... controller isn't satisfied and just wants more, more, more and victim begins to move away physically, emotionally (back to feeling smothered, or whatever, etc.) ... and the cycle begins again... of course this is the nut-shell version.

I think there is enough available publically through MSM for me to say that DC is a perp. He almost killed his wife!

There are dynamics in the relationship that most people won't ever understand.

I've commented before about DC's first t.v. interview when he stressed that the family was being "reconciled". They are in the "coming together, we're going to be stronger than before" part of the reconciliation. His statements about that perfectly fit into the cycle.

Not saying he has anything to do with the girls' disappearances.
Not intending to bash anyone. It is the cycle that has to be broken.

I think you mean DM, not DC.

How do you know TG was "adamant" about the 12:20 time? Where is that info? Just wondering, because I'm curious.

Remember the purse is on the other side of the fence from the bikes. This means either the girl was taken from that place and it was dropped, or it was left there (or thrown there) by someone else. A girl would not just 'lose' her purse. The purse location is the key IMHO.

The purse being left there tells me she did not go willingly to wherever she is.

I would imagine even less when the narcs get to prison...my guess it wouldn't be too pleasant for him there.

Now it is looking like there would be a need for the witness protection program for DM. IMO. Not sure he could get that protection in prison though.

I have seen a candid photo of them and the body language is of a couple who are very passionate and in love.

He is clearly her man. IMO.

It would be touching in other circumstances.

:moo:

I'm just NOT seeing the misty and dan very passionate and in love thingie. Even with my eyes wide open or when I squint my eyes...it just is not coming into focus for me ...at all. IMO MOO JMO

Now it is looking like there would be a need for the witness protection program for DM. IMO. Not sure he could get that protection in prison though.

Low-level narcs do not get witness protection. They just have to watch their back or get out of town.

If TG saw the bikes in the path in a different spot from where they ended up - imo the girls rode them there.

If TG saw the bikes in the path in the same spot they were eventually found, how did they get there (either girls riding them or being dumped there) without being seen between 12:15 & 12:20/:27?

How many bikes were at the Collins home? Were the bikes found at the lake the same bikes the girls were riding in the video? I just don't think there is enough time to have the girls get off their bikes shortly after been seen on video and have someone dump those same bikes on the path before TG rode by.

Dad's court appearance was scheduled for the day before the girls went missing. And he rejected a pretty good plea deal, inexplicably, and put off the trial.

What a HUGE coincidence, that this man, who reportedly 'narcked' out a lot of others to get that deal, was right smack dab in the middle of that mess when his daughter went missing.

It is really hard to ignore that coincidence. If it werent for the timing of the trial and court dates, I would be ignoring the drug history.

IYO, do you think that if the girls were taken in retaliation or for insurance, that they are alive? I mean, duh, for insurance, I guess they would be, but would someone who DM narced on arrange to nab the girls, but not hurt them?

I guess I am fishing and hoping you'll say they are just fine. :please:

Where are Elizabeth and Lyric? :(

500b27769e373.preview-620.jpg

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...ion_12862912-cdd5-11e1-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html

awwwww

Remember the purse is on the other side of the fence from the bikes. This means either the girl was taken from that place and it was dropped, or it was left there (or thrown there) by someone else. A girl would not just 'lose' her purse. The purse location is the key IMHO.

The purse being left there tells me she did not go willingly to wherever she is.

I think the purse being left/thrown there was just to make it appear the girls got off their bikes and went toward the lake.

I was just thinking that. This is worth checking out for sure.

I'm just a little confused when I hear that the timeline is so tight. All I know from reading reports is that the last sighting of the girls is at about 12:15 near the home. The bikes were found at 3:30 (per one article) or 4:00 (per another). I don't see that as a tight timeline.

I don't follow facebook, but did read the comments here (referencing facebook) regarding the man seeing a bike on the path at 12:27. Police have said that the bikes were found together leaning against the fence. The facts don't line up between what the man said he saw and what police discovered. The only possibility is that the kidnapper put a bike in the path and then later decided to lean it against the fence, but why would a kidnapper spend time arranging bikes? That seems too risky.

What if the girls were accosted by someone they knew, in a car, between the store and the lake.

What if the person was someone they knew and trusted, who had actually planned this abduction, for whatever motive.

What if the person told the girls there had been a bad accident, gramma was in hospital, they had to come quick, chuck your bikes in the truck/boot/leave them here with fred and joe they will take them home for you.

Take them back to the offenders house, closeby, why an accomplice dumped the bikes at a pre-arranged location that was considered to be perfect to stage an abduction.

I just cannot get past the timeline. TG is a credible witness, he is adamant he saw the bikes at 12.20, it has been repeated several times by msm so I'm taking it. It had to be this way, simply by the speed it took place. Assuming of course TG was not mistaken. It also means more than one abductor.

:moo:

This theory sounds quite plausible, but I'm still scratching my head over the supposed hits from the dog search at the lake. Refresh my memory, can the dogs pick up the girls scent just because they were sitting on the bikes a short time ago, even if they didn't actually get to the lake?

Here is what i think happened. *Dan has been giving police information. If his sentence is to be reduced from 45 years to 5 years, he is selling out either a few big time players, or a lot of small timers. I bet he has been being threatened as to accepting this plea deal for a while. *Someone has a lot to lose, like 40 years or more of their life or a larger drug ring is at risk. *This guy is a two bit criminal, but the larger world of meth is a global empire full of people who treat is as big money business and will risk life or death every day. *The threat was probably made that they would never see their child again if he took that deal. *The last call to police was probably in panic since this family has probably been living in fear of this threat. It didn't happen that day, but it did happen soon after. Elizabeth was probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sad to say, this was probably perpetrated by organized crime, people who know what they are doing and may never be caught, professional criminals. *With the trial put off, and drug overdoses and the family blabbing about 'narc this and narc that', i dont think we have seen the end of this drama by a longshot. *The missing kids are just a small piece of this sorry situation imo.*

slightly OT... a few years back there was a prominate Doctor here arrested for meth distribution and got life in prison...DM was looking at several counts of a max of 45 yrs each...imagine if there was someone bigger LE was wanting to get their hands on. don't dimiss crimianl involvement because this is "rural, picturesque Iowa" and not an inner city...meth production, sales, and usage is rampant here.

If TG saw the bikes in the path in a different spot from where they ended up - imo the girls rode them there.

If TG saw the bikes in the path in the same spot they were eventually found, how did they get there (either girls riding them or being dumped there) without being seen between 12:15 & 12:20/:27?

How many bikes were at the Collins home? Were the bikes found at the lake the same bikes the girls were riding in the video? I just don't think there is enough time to have the girls get off their bikes shortly after been seen on video and have someone dump those same bikes on the path before TG rode by.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the location of the purse, and the fact that it was left there.... that's the key. A girl does not "lose' a purse with her cell phone in it. It was either lost in the struggle or thrown over the fence in the struggle.

The idea of dumping bikes.....lugging two girls bicycles thru the woods on a hot day (with presumably two kidnap victims in your vehicle) does not seem logical. The bikes were left where the girls left them, IMHO. The only reason to 'dump' the bikes is to 'move the crime scene', but that is way too much work and risk towards that goal.

IYO, do you think that if the girls were taken in retaliation or for insurance, that they are alive? I mean, duh, for insurance, I guess they would be, but would someone who DM narced on arrange to nab the girls, but not hurt them?

I would LOVE to predict they were fine and being taken care of someplace.

I have wondered though if maybe they were sold to traffickers as a way to seek revenge if they were angry about being narcked out.

I highly doubt any doped up meth head would kidnap two little girls for any reason. What is a meth head going to do with two little girls for a couple of weeks ... feed them, give them a bed to sleep in, keep them from escaping? That makes no sense. What i mean is that meth probably has nothing to do with the reason two little girls were kidnapped.

I agree, not many people who drink that stuff buy 3 cans to consume at one time, must have been for three people, or maybe drinks were on sale?

Or maybe it was someone who was going to be busy outside and knew that he or she would be getting hot and thirsty?

If they have time stamped receipts, they can cross reference with surveillance video.

Great idea and very interesting! Just who is seen on that surveillance video might be a surprise to many people. We don't want to get tunnel vision and think in only one direction or we might just miss something. :moo:

*Not directing the "tunnel vision" at you, LisaB, or any particular person. Just jumping off the post about the stamped receipt/surveillance video because I liked it. :)

Or maybe it was someone who was going to be busy outside and knew that he or she would be getting hot and thirsty?

Great idea and very interesting! Just who is seen on that surveillance video might be a surprise to many people. We don't want to get tunnel vision and think in only one direction or we might just miss something. :moo:

*Not directing the "tunnel vision" at you, LisaB, or any particular person. Just jumping off the post about the stamped receipt/surveillance video because I liked it. :)

I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket, but little girls don't drink energy drinks...they taste terrible.

I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket, but little girls don't drink energy drinks...they taste terrible.

it is a big thing here for kids to drink them...not saying the girls did, but saying it would be quite possible.

I am in agreement with what you are saying 150% and I too noticed DM stressing the family was reconciling and coming together and that he thought this was a positive thing.

It's a positive thing because having a dramatic event to focus on reduces the anxiety in the relationship... well, in a situation like this where the children are missing, of course there is anxiety associated with that, but the anxiety is not now centered in the relationship. Couples who go through this cycle, even over a short period of time, often become addicted to drama. The drama brings them together & reduces the tension between them, even if there is plenty of tension elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawless311