LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find mickey--find mickey--find Mickey
Acres upon acres of possibilities. For weeks I looked at every D/FWT I saw. Eyeballing the drivers wondering is that it?
Since the arrest I find myself looking around for areas she could maybe be hidden. Not having a criminal mind its hard to fanthom.
This is gonna sound crazy but I find myself thinking "OK I really have to pee :please:, where would I go where no one could see me, yet I feel safe being 'exposed":banghead:[/QUOTE
---------------
My bold above.

This has been a convenient excuse used by some perps. to explain to police when confronted, as to why they emerged from a random, wooded area.

Find mickey--find mickey--find Mickey
Acres upon acres of possibilities. For weeks I looked at every D/FWT I saw. Eyeballing the drivers wondering is that it?
Since the arrest I find myself looking around for areas she could maybe be hidden. Not having a criminal mind its hard to fanthom.
This is gonna sound crazy but I find myself thinking "OK I really have to pee :please:, where would I go where no one could see me, yet I feel safe being 'exposed":banghead:[/QUOTE
---------------
This has been a convenient excuse used by some perps. to explain to police when confronted, as to why they emerged from a random, wooded area.

Wow that's scary. Its the only thing I could come up with that would give me an inkling into the sense of urgency, despiration, and probable paranoia in trying to pick a spot.

Didn't LE come out and say that Mickey or her bike were under the truck? And that the rumors were false? And said that the picture was only a VOI? Anyone else remember that? I've wondered if they made the announcement due to the postings here.

No. No public statement was made. A public information officer told ACI that no, Mickey is not under the truck. A detective told a US Marshall friend that no theory has been discounted.

None of this can be proven but they are the only statements coming from police in regards to this matter that have been posted.

By them not publicly addressing it doesn't signify anything to me in either direction. As they likely feel no obligation to confirm or deny anything.

Danzn, in response to some of the above my opinion is

1. No one hearing or seeing anything, let's just suppose that the occupant of the one vehicle at the pump was inside paying for his gas does hear something but when he walks outside hears someone hollering and just thinks it a couple arguing and a truck stopped in the road or all he sees is a truck stopped in the road and just shrugs it off. I have neighbors continuously arguing outside but I don't interfere. The other vehicle drives up and all he sees is a truck stopped in the road and doesn't pay any mind to it. Then after the pictures were released they very well may have come forward and gave statements that we aren't privy to.

2. Just because IMO believe the bike is under the truck doesn't mean that I feel that she was me necessarily abducted at that particular spot.

3. Between St. Landry and St. Mary and Blackham. That statement is left to how the reader interprets it so it doesn't really clarify anything in my opinion.

4. The use of that particular picture. LE needed help in identifying the owner of the truck so if that Is the only picture they had then maybe it had to be cleaned up a little bit. I don't see cats, or Mickey under the sign but I do see things that have grabbed my attention. Nothing bazaar just things that I as a photoshop user recognize.

Do I believe it is probable? No
Do I believe it is possible? Yes

I am sure you as well as any of us feel very strongly about our opinions and when someone post a comment about people laughing about your theory with additional comments it would hurt anyones feeling who was the receipant of that type of response ( I hope that makes sense ).

I just want Mickey retuned to her family and if there was a slightest possibly of any theory being POSSIBLE that it would be considered.

Advertisements
Pre-OrderImperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey

I could not have said that any better Jkg005! Those are my thoughts exactly.

Regarding why Mickey didn't just take Congress, instead of detouring to St. Landry, I meant to post this a couple weeks ago, but forgot:

I drove that stretch a couple weeks ago, starting near Ryan St., and it became immediately apparent why Mickey didn't go that way. The first section of Congress, between the Ryan St. area and about Cajundome Blvd. is just not built for bikes. There is no bike path and almost no shoulder. To avoid the possibility of being sideswiped by a car, a cyclist would have to stick to an annoying and somewhat treacherous path of staying on broken sidewalks that began and ended repeatedly, with many opportunities to take a spill, especially at night. I looked at it carefully from my car and realized that if I had taken this route as a cyclist once, I wouldn't do it again. I don't even think it has anything to do with whether the neighborhood to the north is safe - it's just an awful place to try to ride a bike.

Wasn't it also said at the very beginning that she took a different route because of the festival setting up and all the unusual traffic up and down that area?

I think it seems more likely he ran into her to knock her off the bike--jumped out with a taser and stunned her then threw her in truck. IMO

First time posting although I have been lurking from the beginning. I am also a local who was among the many volunteering in the initial searches.

I'm thinking along those same lines that the tampering may well be moving and not revealing a location. Also following the same lines with tampering with evidence. Such as loading the bike, moving the bike, dumping the bike.

I've also been quite perplexed with the bump and grab theory. Not being the physics expert, I imagine this being accomplished would require some pretty precise calculation(speed,velocity,impact) to cause damage to bike and not tossing a victum over/under vehicle. Possibly damaging windshield. Keeping in mine we have no clue if there was damage to the dwt. I find myself thinking the possibility of blocking a victim, overtaking and securing in a vehicle, beginning to take off hitting the bike and thinking crap can't leave that there. Making the bike an afterthought.
Again this being just yet a theory. And i haven't seen any mention of so thought I would toss it out there.

I pray daily that Mickey is found and brought home!!!!

But didn't LE state that they believe she was abducted in areas among St. Landry, St. Mary and Colisieum Road? IMO, she could have been taken any where on St. Landry Extension and Colisieum Road without anyone seeing or hearing anything. In fact, he could have taken his sweet time right there and not be seen. I've traveled in that area at night often and many times there have been people walking or biking alone. I understand the appeal of the area during daylight but it blows my mind that people are alone at night on those streets. I've even seen people "parking" at night in the fields off those streets. It's dark and relatively isolated.

I got chills when you said that because I think you are right! My same relative in the Archdiocese is very aware of my fear and told me not to ever worry because as long as I have a strong faith, I am untouchable.

If possession is real then I do believe it preys on the weak willed and altered minds.

I agree, reading that book will test your faith, and also I just wanted to add that Knowledge is key. I would not advise to read the book if your faith is not strong, for even strong faith will be tested when you read the book. I would say reading the preface is fine, a great deal of knowledge on the subject is there. I posted the link before in another post.

Watching the Ted Bundy youtube at the end when the guy stated he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior...Ted never even said the Word Jesus. I might also point out at the beginning he was referring to him as in "we" then later he was talking about himself as if he was talking about someone else. To me, this shows perfect possession.

No. No public statement was made. A public information officer told ACI that no, Mickey is not under the truck. A detective told a US Marshall friend that no theory has been discounted.

None of this can be proven but they are the only statements coming from police in regards to this matter that have been posted.

By them not publicly addressing it doesn't signify anything to me in either direction. As they likely feel no obligation to confirm or deny anything.

I guess the thing that keeps coming to mind for me about bike is that when the bike was found at WB, either LE or MS' father (maybe both) said that the only significant damage to bike was the back wheel. I just don't believe if a bike was completely ran over and dragged/pushed that only the back tire would be damaged.

Speaking of the DWT, I just went on a mile walk...the same type of truck stopped as I was walking.....I had my mail in my hand on purpose to conceal my cell phone in the center, with 911 ready on speed dial...lol...an older lady just asked if I needed a ride. She was a nice neighborly lady...still...what entered my mind after that was all about MS and other innocent victims on just how they could have their guard down and be taken.

In April the defendant made statements to A.D .
April.....hummmm

I wish a local could drive MS route with a video camera, and show the sides of the roads so that us NON locals can really get a grasp of her ride, and places that he might have pulled off or turned on. Someone did that in baby lisa's case and I thought that was most helpful to understand stuff.

"In regards to Michaela Shunick. On or about April 20, 2012 defendant made statements to A.D. "

Hmm...
So are users still sure they want to say that Mickey was completely random and that he didn't know of her beforehand?

IMO this is major.
April.
Who could AD be?

I have no idea. But, obviously it shows she was not completely random for the most part.

I can't wait until the reports release exactly what was found in regards to Mickey at his home. I'm nervous to hear, yet anxious.

Wasn't the man on tiger droppings named "Adam" that posted something about being concerned for his sister-in-law?

I guess the thing that keeps coming to mind for me about bike is that when the bike was found at WB, either LE or MS' father (maybe both) said that the only significant damage to bike was the back wheel. I just don't believe if a bike was completely ran over and dragged/pushed that only the back tire would be damaged.

Yes, I believe that is correct. That there was only damage to the back tire/rim. But whether that was caused by a direct hit to the tire or the tire being run over I do not know and it hasn't been said. And we don't know exactly how significant the damage was.

I have looked at just about every picture I can find online about bicycle accidents and what type of accident corresponded with what type of damage. Of course, there are a lot of factors involved. But based on what I saw, it is possible that a vehicle can completely run over a bike and only damage certain parts.

Now I think the truck only came in contact with the back tire and the truck stopped before fully running over the entire bike or dragging it. I posted some pictures in a prior thread that shows a very similar accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong