Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I have my doubts because of other aspects in that case, that really someone was after her. But that's right now not the point. The point is, if she was drugged, you could, provided, you can prove it in a court of law, pin someone for it. However, is she wasn't drugged but took the stuff voluntary, but it was someone else's, you can do that too, it's called "negligent manslaughter" (even it should be girlslaughter in this case). So, either way, if someone can figure out where they went to buy, and grill that guy, there could be maybe a hook to hang someone on.

JB's phone records might indicate which neighbor he went to met. Or a simple explanation...they could have driven down to the gate, let Pak in to follow them back to the house and got drugs or something else out of the SUV.

I get so confused by the initials. Still fairly new to this case in terms of people like CPH etc. Took me ages to work out who he was from the initials!

I can't remember where I found it. You know, it might have been on a Facebook page. I'm about to take my lunch break but I will go through my history and try find it. But I was definitely under the impression after reading it that the person named during the call was Pak, who she thought was chasing her (in the car I guess). I'm really in two minds about the call. Half of me thinks she was having some sort of panicked experience from drugs etc, half of me believes she was genuinely terrified of something or someone.

Edit: I haven't heard the name Mike in relation to this. Has anyone sleuthed out a potential Mike?

Michael Pak, SG's driver.

Is LE still holding her body?! If so how can they claim accidental death? If they are holding her it is b/c she is evidence in a murder investigation.

I agree the parents have a right to hear the 911 call, the family needs a better attorney.

Yup, a few pages back is a link to a news article dated in July 2012, that Mari Gilbert through her attorney is saying her body has not been released yet and she has not been given a death certificate. A death certificate isn't evidence, so I can see where some things may be held back, but why hold back a death certificate???

R
Drugs seem to be a consistent component throughout this story.

It has never been proven that any drugs were used the night Shannan went missing. Just want to keep the thread true to facts. :)

Quite a few common denominators, imo. Perhaps the most intriguing, imo, is body type. And the fact that one of our victims (and possibly others) posted on a website where girls could be chosen for " sexy jobs" (modeling, film, entertainment, and so forth) according to height, weight, bust size, hair color, eye color, location, specialty, etc etc.

R

It has never been proven that any drugs were used the night Shannan went missing. Just want to keep the thread true to facts. :)

In general, the point is that it has been rumored that JB was known to use cocaine and it has been stated that SG also had a history of cocaine use. The point was, when looking at the SG case and comparing it to the other victims and the people associated with these victims...Drugs have come up in almost every case.

In general, the point is that it has been rumored that JB was known to use cocaine and it has been stated that SG also had a history of cocaine use. The point was, when looking at the SG case and comparing it to the other victims and the people associated with these victims...Drugs have come up in almost every case.

I think it would be diligent on the part of LE to find out what drugs were used and who they got them from. Chances are if he was using then, he is still using now.

How about the photo of the "man with the lazy eye?" mentioned on page 5 of the above linked article?

I can't remember if we ever explored that much...anybody recall anything more about that?

How about the photo of the "man with the lazy eye?" mentioned on page 5 of the above linked article?

I can't remember if we ever explored that much...anybody recall anything more about that?

The man with the lazy eye could be the AC sketch which HA personally admitted was a drawing of him made by Denise Hill as a joke. Sound fishy? Yea

Please don't copy and paste from other sites. You can summarize or paraphrase and provide a link, but copy/paste is not allowed.

Thanks,

Salem

This is the link I mentioned - it's a great article with a lot of information from the victim's families...it's from before Shannan was found, but Mari (Shannan's mom) and the others give input on what they think happened...and details on what actually DID happen.

http://nymag.com/news/features/long-island-serial-killer-families-2011-6/

The man with the lazy eye could be the AC sketch which HA personally admitted was a drawing of him made by Denise Hill as a joke. Sound fishy? Yea
Denise hill said that? Wow it does look just like ha

Hi waltson,
Yeah, it's fishy, but respectfully, you are talking about the AC girls - I was talking about the Gilgo Beach girls and Shannan. Yes, they could be related, but not so sure about that...Just a FYI
I do remember Denise Hill and HA and their stories...IMHO we have to take what they said with a grain of salt, especially HA - he's pretty shady. Denise, bless her heart - I don't think anything ever came of that - she could never identify the guy, right?

Back to Shannan...in the above linked article, the GB families are interviewed...page 5..."were all the families shown a picture of a man with a lazy eye...?"
Who could that be? the "Drifter?"

I've always held the belief that the phone calls he made to Amanda and maybe Mari (SG's mom) will be what catches him. This guy likes to TALK about what he did...I'm thinking that he maybe stopped killing because of the heat, but he can't stop TALKING ABOUT IT...and he's going to be taunting other girls. I've seen some crazy people posting on other sites...maybe one of them is him! There's no way IMO that he stopped totally - he can't. He may be killing in other states or locations, but I bet he's talking about the Long Island cases somewhere as a poster.

It's interesting that they found Shannan's phone. Did she have another one? Probably. Did they find that one? Will they even admit it if they did? How did CPH, aka dr. jeckyl, ever get her mother's phone number? He denied making the calls to her but was forced to admit to it later - in writing even...

Does anyone remember how he got Mari's phone number?

Hi waltson,
Yeah, it's fishy, but respectfully, you are talking about the AC girls - I was talking about the Gilgo Beach girls and Shannan. Yes, they could be related, but not so sure about that...Just a FYI
I do remember Denise Hill and HA and their stories...IMHO we have to take what they said with a grain of salt, especially HA - he's pretty shady. Denise, bless her heart - I don't think anything ever came of that - she could never identify the guy, right?

Back to Shannan...in the above linked article, the GB families are interviewed...page 5..."were all the families shown a picture of a man with a lazy eye...?"
Who could that be? the "Drifter?"

I've always held the belief that the phone calls he made to Amanda and maybe Mari (SG's mom) will be what catches him. This guy likes to TALK about what he did...I'm thinking that he maybe stopped killing because of the heat, but he can't stop TALKING ABOUT IT...and he's going to be taunting other girls. I've seen some crazy people posting on other sites...maybe one of them is him! There's no way IMO that he stopped totally - he can't. He may be killing in other states or locations, but I bet he's talking about the Long Island cases somewhere as a poster.

It's interesting that they found Shannan's phone. Did she have another one? Probably. Did they find that one? Will they even admit it if they did? How did CPH, aka dr. jeckyl, ever get her mother's phone number? He denied making the calls to her but was forced to admit to it later - in writing even...

Does anyone remember how he got Mari's phone number?

He claims diaz gave it to him, diaz agrees that he did but doesnt remember the details ie if hackett asked for it etc. I am more interested in where he got the lil sisters number from, and if "that was diaz's idea too"

Maybe he pulled it out of the phone that was sitting by his house for 12 months.

19 Months.

You can keep painting the house but eventually it falls down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member