The Theater and the Shooting

Hastings, I was in the midst of composing my reply and had not seen your reply. I had to leave for a bit and didn't preview, so I had no idea you were basically making the same point. Jinx! (Or were you? lol)

Breaking News

ABC News is exclusively reporting that Fenton wrote the university's policy on threat assessment and in June alerted her concerns about Holmes to the university's threat assessment team; but when Holmes announced he was dropping out, the threat assessment team took no action.

More details to follow shortly..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

How are we still getting info? Leaks? Can there be fines if leaks are found on a sealed case?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

How are we still getting info? Leaks? Can there be fines if leaks are found on a sealed case?

...it is coming from 'anonymous sources'
There will be lots of anonymous sources on this case because as of right now, they don' t really want to be identified.... If the Media interview a student at UC right now, i don' t think that student will even have the nerves to give their name right now. Would you if you study there?

...it is coming from 'anonymous sources'
There will be lots of anonymous sources on this case because as of right now, they don' t really want to be identified.... If the Media interview a student at UC right now, i don' t think that student will even have the nerves to give their name right now. Would you if you study there?
I respectfully disagree. I do think the reporters know their sources. In fact, I would argue, they vet their sources to insure the individual is on the up and up. Otherwise, any joe could make a claim. Even so, reporters simply do not always divulge their sources... sometimes, per request. And other times, bc they want to have/keep the edge. As for, how can there be so many leaks? High profile cases tend to leak like a sieve. It's the nature of the beast.

I respectfully disagree. I do think the reporters know their sources. In fact, I would argue, they vet their sources to insure the individual is on the up and up. Otherwise, any joe could make a claim. Even so, reporters simply do not always divulge their sources... sometimes, per request. And other times, bc they want to have/keep the edge. As for, how can there be so many leaks? High profile cases tend to leak like a sieve. It's the nature of the beast.

reporters simply do not always divulge their sources
well there i will agree :seeya:

WoW Shadow you sure do have a tremendous amount of faith and trust in the media.. Faith and trust that I've long ago quit having due to the fact that today's media and "journalism" tho I use the quotes to emphasis that term is used loosely because real accurate, fact checking, putting your years of hard work earned reputation on the line for what you write and author.. Well IMO those days are no more.. Sadly even MSM these days even sink to the tabloidish articles and are in a race merely to be the first to get a "scoop" out there.. Any scoop.. Forget about checking and double checking just be the first to get it out there..

So, I'll definitely have to respectfully yet strongly disagree with your opinion regarding the media having such great standards and known for their thorough and stringent vetting processes.. IMO those type journalists really are very few and far between.. And yes you better believe I'm talking directly about "MSM"..

WoW Shadow you sure do have a tremendous amount of faith and trust in the media..
lol. Not really. I prefer court documents, live incident audio/video, that sort of thing. Always have.

Even so, I'm also aware that in order for any media organization to be seen as reliable, they need to vet their sources. And to do so, they know who said sources are. Therefore, my challenge is, that while said source may be anonymous to us, it's not anonymous to them. Whether said source actually provides valid info (or not), is of course, another story altogether.

lol. Not really. I prefer court documents, live incident audio/video, that sort of thing. Always have.

Even so, I'm also aware that in order for any media organization to be seen as reliable, they need to vet their sources. And to do so, they know who said sources are. Therefore, my challenge is, that while said source may be anonymous to us, it's not anonymous to them. Whether said source actually provides valid info (or not), is of course, another story altogether.

when there 's a smoke there's fire? lol....

I know we discussed the other student before but since he isnt charged at all, we cant bring his name in until news change., but just an FYI only to who are aware about him before - all of his social accounts ( Twitter,FB, Linkedin ) are already deleted /removed/disabled...

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/21/police-looking-for-second-person-of-interest-in-theater-shooting/
http://twitchy.com/2012/07/22/repor...erson-of-interest-in-aurora-theater-shooting/

How is Fox Denver and Reuters getting info--- i dont know..

Noticed a lot of the victims are posting online, they talk about the incident and some have photos of their shot wounds (not that I want to see that, but they are trying to cope). I'm not posting links to those, don't know how that effects the case, but you can find them if interested.

Noticed a lot of the victims are posting online, they talk about the incident and some have photos of their shot wounds (not that I want to see that, but they are trying to cope). I'm not posting links to those, don't know how that effects the case, but you can find them if interested.

I heard one on an International Channel , he was interviewed by the International news.- he was just happy that he is alive. He said he was just texting the whole time and hiding but was still hit. But am glad he is fine .

We sat down with a neighbour of James Holmes, the suspect of the movie theater shooting, as he recalled a chilling encounter with him on the day of the incident.
A chilling moment for- Zhang Yi, a Chinese visiting scholar to University of Colorado Hospital.

Zhang said that Holmes rode his bicycle to school everyday, and his son often gave him a hand getting his bicycle out of the hallway door.
But when Zhang and his son saw Holmes Friday afternoon, they said he acted strangely cold, and didn’t acknowledge their greeting. Holmes was wearing a sunbonnet and started loading handbags into his car, which were found at the site later. Zhang noticed that the trunk of Holmes’ car was filled with bags.
Zhang Yi, visiting scholar, said, "It was a soft handbag, very long, with a pole-like thing stretching the bag. I thought it might be a fishing pole. I couldn’t have imagined that it was a gun."

http://english.cntv.cn/program/newsupdate/20120724/101827.shtml
There is also a video on the link.

so he was wearing a Sunbonnet that night too on the theater so they cant see his hair.

This article also said Friday , i think it was mistyped and supposed to be Thursday

Do you think it could have been this one? Sorry...it's getting late....

sunbonnet.jpg

We sat down with a neighbour of James Holmes, the suspect of the movie theater shooting, as he recalled a chilling encounter with him on the day of the incident.
A chilling moment for- Zhang Yi, a Chinese visiting scholar to University of Colorado Hospital.

Zhang said that Holmes rode his bicycle to school everyday, and his son often gave him a hand getting his bicycle out of the hallway door.
But when Zhang and his son saw Holmes Friday afternoon, they said he acted strangely cold, and didn’t acknowledge their greeting. Holmes was wearing a sunbonnet and started loading handbags into his car, which were found at the site later. Zhang noticed that the trunk of Holmes’ car was filled with bags.
Zhang Yi, visiting scholar, said, "It was a soft handbag, very long, with a pole-like thing stretching the bag. I thought it might be a fishing pole. I couldn’t have imagined that it was a gun."

http://english.cntv.cn/program/newsupdate/20120724/101827.shtml
There is also a video on the link.

so he was wearing a Sunbonnet that night too on the theater so they cant see his hair.

This article also said Friday , i think it was mistyped and supposed to be Thursday

I'm not sure about this article. Sun bonnet? Is this a foreign source? Also they say his neighbors saw him Friday afternoon,but it should be Thursday afternoon. The confirmation of a hat is new info to me though. Hoping it is credible as it would clear some things for me.

Do you think it could have been this one? Sorry...it's getting late....

View attachment 25276

:floorlaugh: Actually, you read my mind. A sun bonnet...at least someone noticed something odd.
My second guess is it might look more like a shower cap.

Chilling article though. That neighbor must be stunned.

I know we discussed the other student before but since he isnt charged at all, we cant bring his name in until news change., but just an FYI only to who are aware about him before - all of his social accounts ( Twitter,FB, Linkedin ) are already deleted /removed/disabled...

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/21/police-looking-for-second-person-of-interest-in-theater-shooting/
http://twitchy.com/2012/07/22/repor...erson-of-interest-in-aurora-theater-shooting/

How is Fox Denver and Reuters getting info--- i dont know..

February, didn't you notice those links you posted, Fox and Reuters, were from July 21 and 22nd?

I, too, noticed a day or two after the interest in the possible 2nd suspect, that his social accounts had gone POOF!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back