IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Googled for PI and found someone that boasts a good track record but at $850 a day that is 6k a week. I could throw in a few grand but that wouldn't even pay for his travel expenses. If everyone on WS threw money in the pot, we could pay but then it is just this case. What about all the others that are missing? I have to admit that I have only been focused in on this case, but I realize that there are so many more missing. 50k or even 100k is small price to pay to have your kids back, but there isn't anyone to pay for it. If the skills are out there to find these missing kids, it is a shame that they are cost prohibitive and money is the difference between finding them alive or finding them too late.

Have LE checked all the waterways in the vicinity of Meyers Lake or just Meyers Lake.

We are starting to see the beginning of the vigilante state. And it may not be so bad in these child molestation/abduction cases. If we have the perp on camera molesting a baby, let the daddy and momma alone with him for about 30 seconds. Now...that would be justice.

I hate that I feel this way...it goes against the logical side of me that says try the perp and let him serve his time. But these cases where young children are violated...they make you crazy. If the laws do not get tougher, we will see more parents and grandparents taking things into their own hands.

I want to know why the paddleboater has not come forward period. Was it a good day to go boating that day?? sounds like it was not :0 ..So why not?? had this boater left town?? did he take whole time to drag his boat to that lake decided it was not a good day or did he live off that lake??I dont know anyone who drags a paddleboat around with them it stays at the property usually jus sayin... Does the person/s not have a TV ??? or doesnt have electricity to run the tv?? Oh thats right thats prob it .. person/s might of had to go cool off on the lake paddleboating around in the heat no electricity? Just a thought...The gate was unlocked leaving access from lake and trail known by local local local very locals people. could perp known the gate was unlocked and had access from either lake side or trail side ??or was just from another town waiting in the hot hot grassy area that day hopeing??? or better YET knowing some kids would be coming by his window?? Sorry that certain spot that doesnt seem quite kids like freindly??Planned out & thought out premeditated OR just winging it??? and waiting hopeing yah right I feel its local more then one and no girl leaves purse behind. There was a reason it was left there along with the bikes. Soo does this perp/s live in town or out of town I would say ...In that town for that day. After that who knows but Im sure there was a plan ...I think more then one person has been involved to move them and take them and hide them which sad to say is better then the other out come not being alive Hoping & Praying they are found poor little girls to have such a life and then to go through this :( Fricken sad sad sad. Castration does it work ?? if so then gosh darnit get on it and protect the public a little here!!! Sure lock all the pot using snicker eaters up throw way key (which is a victimless crime btw no worse then alcohol the real boogy man) and let the MOST viscious creatures in the world child mofrickenlester out! Shame on our court system shame on them!

I can sort of answer some of your questions, but only with MOO, not anything stated by LE in most cases. First, there is no way for us to know if the boater ever did come forward; I doubt they'd announce it on the news unless he had something groundbreaking to add to what they know. Next, a homeowner on the lake did tell them that someone had used their paddleboat while they were gone, so the person may just be afraid of being arrested for using it if he comes forward. Third, it is possible that the person doesn't have a television (I don't), but living right in town there, I'm sure he would have heard about it from somebody.

I'm not really sure what you were saying for part of it there, but I'm kind of stuck on believing the purse was dropped when Elizabeth was grabbed, and the nobody noticed it (or didn't care about it.)

The more time that goes by, its obvious that these girls have been abducted. Who in the world took them?! And where are they....

If these girls are still alive living through a nightmare, I hope that they are still together and able to hold on to the only thing they have left that is familiar to them. I hope they find some comfort with each other. I really can't stand this anymore and I have reached a point of sadness that is unhealthy. My empathy meter is off the scale - why this case? Why is this one bothering me so much?

Wondering if dog the Bounty Hunter could help out! We need the dog !!! The Big Dog!! Jus sayin couldnt hurt might help!

If these girls are still alive living through a nightmare, I hope that they are still together and able to hold on to the only thing they have left that is familiar to them. I hope they find some comfort with each other. I really can't stand this anymore and I have reached a point of sadness that is unhealthy. My empathy meter is off the scale - why this case? Why is this one bothering me so much?

Because it's close to home, and your a dad.

Wondering if dog the Bounty Hunter could help out! We need the dog !!! The Big Dog!! Jus sayin couldnt hurt might help!

Is he any good? I have never watched the show. If he is for real and not a character actor, then why not? The sponsors pay his salary and expenses so the family would not have too.

Correct me if 'Im wrong, but didn't the father in Cedar Rapids whose five yr old was almost abducted say he noticed Minnesota plates?

Googled for PI and found someone that boasts a good track record but at $850 a day that is 6k a week. I could throw in a few grand but that wouldn't even pay for his travel expenses. If everyone on WS threw money in the pot, we could pay but then it is just this case. What about all the others that are missing? I have to admit that I have only been focused in on this case, but I realize that there are so many more missing. 50k or even 100k is small price to pay to have your kids back, but there isn't anyone to pay for it. If the skills are out there to find these missing kids, it is a shame that they are cost prohibitive and money is the difference between finding them alive or finding them too late.

Thank you for your kindness and concern. As you all already know the terrible truth is children who are in lower economic families are more at risk. This is because children in high crime neighbourhoods, social housing or mobile homes are more likely to live near sex offenders and other criminals. Unfortunately most parents don't have the resources to pay for PIs or even time off work. I can't think of anything worse than having my child missing and being unable to do everything I can about it.

Thank you for your kindness and concern. As you all already know the terrible truth is children who are in lower economic families are more at risk. This is because children in high crime neighbourhoods, social housing or mobile homes are more likely to live near sex offenders and other criminals. Unfortunately most parents don't have the resources to pay for PIs or even time off work. I can't think of anything worse than having my child missing and being unable to do everything I can about it.

Well, geez. I would think it would be a good time for a fundraiser to get that expert. If I were the parent I wouldn't be siitin on my hands thats for sure!

Your not alone we all feel bad and worried. I'm praying like mad and wish there was something I could do but live thousands of miles away.

If it was someone in my family, I would personally organize a street by street search using family members and friends to volunteer to search. I would map it out and work our way from the scene and have a set of rules/ plan everyone follow and keep a record of findings... but that is me, the organizer...who's to say they already aren't doing that?

I think it's up to the family to decide as to whether they leave it all up to LE and public tips, hire a PI or search themselves or a combination.

They do have donations set up at the bank that they should be able to use for other resources if they want to...

Correct me if 'Im wrong, but didn't the father in Cedar Rapids whose five yr old was almost abducted say he noticed Minnesota plates?

I believe that MN plates were mentioned [not mine :)]. I have really started to notice the scumbags we have here too, but it is tough to really judge a book by its cover. Went to the county fair last night with the kids and that place always brings out the crowd that I wonder where they are the rest of the year. I noticed this guy with grubby clothes and a couple little girls with him and I found myself starting to watch him and then his wife walks over from the ride ticket window and I all of a sudden notice that he isnt grubby and is wearing an ambercrombie t-shirt and the kids are decked out in aeropostle clothes and when I look at his face again, I realize he is probably a business man that is just wearing a baseball cap to the fair. I think it is the close proximity of IA to MN that has me on edge and seeing things that aren't there.

How about bring E and L home fund. Surely, someone could open an account at one of the Evansdale banks.

$1.00 donation with a goal for one million donations!!

Couldn't something like this be set up through the internet for donations.

How about fundraisers right in Evansdale, i.e. dances, bbq's, entertainers.

This would really help the family hire a PI.

Just IMO

That is correct. Plus, when TES uses volunteers, they give them a brief training. Not just "go out and look".

Sometimes vols can mess up what evidence that may have been there in the first place... but as a case grows colder volunteers may be the ones to find the missing person. Or a random hunter/walker/whatev.

As to traveling to a place to try and figure out what happened, I bet we all have been on the thoughtwave once or twice, but it probably won't help anything unless you have unlimited time.

Hunter is on top of my list of likely discoverers and a farmer is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆