Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the exact quote, but someone posted earlier about being surprised that searchers didn't search cemeteries first. Or something like that. That got me to thinking that if this is a private cemetery, then it is probably on private land. Searchers would have had to have gotten permission and maybe even a warrant, if they could even find the landowner. Too much trouble, IMO. Unless they had a tip from LE and LE got the permission/warrant. So many other places to search. JMO

I don't know the exact quote, but someone posted earlier about being surprised that searchers didn't search cemeteries first. Or something like that. That got me to thinking that if this is a private cemetery, then it is probably on private land. Searchers would have had to have gotten permission and maybe even a warrant, if they could even find the landowner. Too much trouble, IMO. Unless they had a tip from LE and LE got the permission/warrant. So many other places to search. JMO

Not to mention, this one seems to be about 40 miles away from where Mickey was taken, if I am not mistaken in what I read yesterday. There must be hundreds closer to Lafayette. I doubt this one would ever have been searched.

Bear in mind, BSL has been charged with "continued tampering" of Shunicks body with the intention of hampering the investigation. So it is very possible he didn't dig that grave when his cuts were fresh.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I'm still 6 pages behind. I don't think "continued tampering" as worded in the law applies to BSL actually tampering with Mickey's remains. I think it means tampering by not disclosing her location to authorities to hide the crime and confuse the evidence, if that makes sense. I hate even thinking about it but I doubt he was moving her body from location to location. She would have been in different stages of decomp and I just don't see him pulling it off.

R.I.P Mickey I'm so sorry you are no longer with us but glad your family can give you the rememberance service you deserve and hopefully have closure at some point.

Jump horses over clouds now sweet beautiful Mickey

You have touched so many

:rose::rose::rose:

Did he really hold her captive for awhile? I had mentioned that early on in another thread and got a tad bit slammed for thinking that was even a possibilty. I would really like to know for how long he had her captive. I'm glad that they have found her body and she going to get a proper burial.

The only way that could be determined is through what was found in his trailer. Human habitation, whether forced or otherwise, usually leaves traces...Hair, fiber and fluids.

If Mickey's clothes and jewelry were found with her, especially if they were still on her body, I doubt very much he was moving her all over the place or ever even took her to his house. I can't see him bringing all of her things along, and especially putting clothes on her, if he had assaulted her. He could have dumped those items anywhere. I think he buried her before he went to the hospital, thus his "poison ivy" or whatever, and possibly added scratches and cuts.

I suggested this earlier and stand in total agreement with this. Bike path/jogging trail with an adjacent dog park would be totally fitting and appropriate in honor of Mickey.
When I read y'alls posts, it reminded me of Scott Lancaster in Idaho Spgs Colorado. He was in high school track and jogging behind the high school. He was attacked and killed by a mountain lion. The town built a trail and bridge in his name, just a mile or two east of town, next to I-70.

Awesome idea to build one in Mickey's name.

I believe more than ever with BSL's reported fascination with cemeteries that it was him who stole BW's bike. Anyone else would have sold it or just kept it. I think as I've read previously on WS that maybe he wanted to see how easy it would be to just take something and I believe he was watching Mickey prior to May 19th. JMO, FWIW.
Someone might have been teasing him as they left it in a cemetery frequented by prostitutes.

Good morning, all.
My heart is hurting for the family as the sun rises on a day that is going to be so difficult. There have been so many difficult days - her disappearance - the vigil - finding the bike - finding Jaren Lockhart - the arrest - finding a grave yesterday - and now today, undoubtedly will be the hardest of all.... waiting for confirmation. May God give them some comfort today as the hours drag on. If Mickey truly has been found, then at least they have a small consolation of knowing that she didn't vanish into the swamps - that that lonely purgatory, at least, has been avoided.

As I do not have Facebook, does anyone have an update on the comment someone posted last night about Charlie mentioning a vigil for tonight?

:sigh:

Prayers for the Shunick family. Such bittersweet news.

Good morning, all.
My heart is hurting for the family as the sun rises on a day that is going to be so difficult. There have been so many difficult days - her disappearance - the vigil - finding the bike - finding Jaren Lockhart - the arrest - finding a grave yesterday - and now today, undoubtedly will be the hardest of all.... waiting for confirmation. May God give them some comfort today as the hours drag on. If Mickey truly has been found, then at least they have a small consolation of knowing that she didn't vanish into the swamps - that that lonely purgatory, at least, has been avoided.

As I do not have Facebook, does anyone have an update on the comment someone posted last night about Charlie mentioning a vigil for tonight?

:sigh:

The post says at Parc Lafayette at 9pm tonight, made by a friend of hers, not Charlene, being called a memorial.

What kind of state do you think the body would be in? If it was buried, almost 3 months later? Would it just be bones?

Yes. I deal with dead animal bodies, and in this weather, a few weeks max to be just bones. But if she was under ground the whole time i do not know about that....

This was posted on the FMSN Resources page on FB. Note the comments from Nancy Anne (MS's mom), esp. the one bolded by me:

Katherine Scott
I WONTTED TO BRING YOU HOME WALKING INTO YOUR HOME CALLING OUT TO YOUR MOM "I AM HOME". BUT IT JUST DID NOT HAPPEN THAT WAY.ALL IS SAY AND DONE WE LOVE YOU AND MICKEY YOUR WILL BE IN MY HEART AS A TRUE ANGEL IN HEAVEN. LOOKING DOWN AT ALL THIS CRAZINESS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD. LAFAYETTE CAME OUT FOR YOU AND I AM PROUD TO CALL MY SELF A PERSON LIVING IN THIS STATE AND CITY. THANK TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHOM STOOD UP AND GOD BLESS THEM.MS.KITY
Like · · Follow Post · 3 hours ago

3 people like this.
Nancy Anne Rowe Everything you have done for us, Ms. Kitty, makes us proud. You never gave up; this kept us going.
50 minutes ago · Like
Nancy Anne Rowe She is found, and will be home soon.
50 minutes ago · Like

This was posted on the FMSN Resources page on FB. Note the comments from Nancy Anne (MS's mom), esp. the one bolded by me:

Katherine Scott
I WONTTED TO BRING YOU HOME WALKING INTO YOUR HOME CALLING OUT TO YOUR MOM "I AM HOME". BUT IT JUST DID NOT HAPPEN THAT WAY.ALL IS SAY AND DONE WE LOVE YOU AND MICKEY YOUR WILL BE IN MY HEART AS A TRUE ANGEL IN HEAVEN. LOOKING DOWN AT ALL THIS CRAZINESS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD. LAFAYETTE CAME OUT FOR YOU AND I AM PROUD TO CALL MY SELF A PERSON LIVING IN THIS STATE AND CITY. THANK TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHOM STOOD UP AND GOD BLESS THEM.MS.KITY
Like · · Follow Post · 3 hours ago

3 people like this.
Nancy Anne Rowe Everything you have done for us, Ms. Kitty, makes us proud. You never gave up; this kept us going.
50 minutes ago · Like
Nancy Anne Rowe She is found, and will be home soon.
50 minutes ago · Like

That seems to be confirmation, to me.

Yes, familiar story, believe me.

Ugh. I'm rowing the same boat you guys are. Thats why I'm kinda leaning toward BSL in a manic phase combined with some other mental condition. Schizo maybe. In a really deep long term manic phase I wonder if he could even describe exactly what he did and how it happened.

Regarding the discussion around BSL's "continued tampering" of evidence... This Associate Press report implies that this does mean moving the body. I'm not sure where folks are getting legalize information that "continued tampering" could mean other things. Would love to know...

"Mickey Shunick Murder Victim May Have Moved Body"
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/08/mickey_shunick_murder_suspect.html

Lavergne then "moved evidence of the first-degree murder and the body of Lisa Pate to locations with the intent to distort the results of the criminal investigation," Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes wrote in court records.

Stutes alleges Lavergne took similar action to throw police off the track in the Shunick case, stating that he moved evidence along with Shunick's body and belongings after killing her.

Last night I went downtown to Jefferson St. to sing, about the time the coroner's van was bringing someone home. I brought a tall, white glass candle. News of the discovery was playing silently on a big screen while the music played. When I got on stage I said a few words about Mickey, placed the candle on a speaker and began to sing Train's "Calling All Angels." It's been making me think of Mickey for months now.

As the powerful last chorus came, "calling all you angels," I hit the high note on the word "angels" and held it steady for a few extra measures. Amid the sustained note, the glass candle suddenly crashed four feet to the cement floor, bounced, and disappeared.

When the song finished, I and a couple other folks looked for the candle but it couldn't be found. Finally, a fellow decided to lift the wooden stage. There was the candle, unbroken and burning bright. Somehow it had not broken, and had somehow bounced into a small slot and had rolled all the way back against the brick wall. I placed it back upright for the rest of the night and carried it through downtown as I walked back to my car.

Though it obviously was just a freak occurrence, the timing of what had happened and the fact that the candle was lost from view and hidden and we had to lift the stage and improbably bring it back out from the dark, still shining, reminded me of Mickey lost and found. Her light will be with so many people, always.

R.I.P., you angel. :star2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member