Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I ended up.
It was under the service road that runs along Mount Crosby Road.
Technically on someones land I believe, but I didn't feel like walking back through the lantana to get back to my car.

1 - What appeared to be signs of plaster spillage. Maybe not, but there were 2-3 spots of it around here.
2 - Three large pipes that run under this trail. They run down a short creek to Little Ugly Creek. The road from the small clearing off Wirrabara Road easily leads here.
3 - middle pipe
4 - right pipe
5 - left pipe

Oh, and to give you a point of reference. The pipes are in this photo.
2c10f805.jpg

See the large tree about 1/4 the way in from the left (runs from the top of the photo to about the middle), just off to the left of it there is a dark spot right near where the sun is shining on the grass. That is where the pipes are.
Technically I think it's on someones land, but the road is a service road that goes to the back of this photo and along Mount Crosby Road.

0d225b60.jpg

Down there in the creek is where I found the SES tape leading the way.

I still don't like the location though for the car. I know how uncomfortable I felt parking there. Imagine someone with a body in the car.

I agree it feels very open and bare now, although I reversed right back into the bush the other day, and I reckon it was fairly well hidden.

But just take into account that

(a) it was in the middle of the night

and

(b) there was a lot more screening before it was cleared. Here again are two pics, just for reference, from before the clearing and the drama, one looking into that area, and one overhead shot for those who may have missed the pic of the area we're talking about. Both of those pics show that there were a fair number of trees on the outside of the Armco barrier, shielding that "parking area" as i call it. Also, the grass and scrub was quite high - the Street View shot was taken in 2009 as Marly spotted, while the overhead shot was in very early 2012 I think.

KholoCreekparkingspot.png

Looking into the area, showing the trees etc outside the Armco barrier and making the area pretty well hidden, even in daylight.

KholoCreekoverhead.png

Overhead view, as reference, for those who may have missed the earlier post, showing the course of Little Ugly Creek and where it joins Kholo Creek. Once again, you can see just how much bush there used to be protecting that area, particularly from cars coming inbound from the Mt Crosby direction.

But, as you have pointed out, we're all just guessing. Wasn't the 20th August - Monday - the day by which the prosecution had to give the defence all the information and paperwork? Including autopsy results, forensics, etc? Wonder if they will say anything, or if his plea will change?

Here is a more accurate version of the map in my opinion.
I should have taken my bike GPS out as it is very accurate under tree coverage.
Green is the ridge, and blue is the creek.

Also I took note when driving up to Kholo Bridge.
Driving outbound you could clearly see a car parked in that section, and given the approach angle of the road, they would be lit up very well.
In bound it wouldn't be as obvious, but I would say you could also see a car if you weren't concentrating on the road to much.

Again the photo makes it look very deceptive.
The grass isn't that high in that area (no grass now) and its clearly visible at day time from both sides of the bridge.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 49
I just realised your lines are arrows? and not the flow of the creek?

This is where I ended up.
It was under the service road that runs along Mount Crosby Road.
Technically on someones land I believe, but I didn't feel like walking back through the lantana to get back to my car.

1 - What appeared to be signs of plaster spillage. Maybe not, but there were 2-3 spots of it around here.
2 - Three large pipes that run under this trail. They run down a short creek to Little Ugly Creek. The road from the small clearing off Wirrabara Road easily leads here.
3 - middle pipe
4 - right pipe
5 - left pipe

Great work! These pipes give me the creeps. Anyone think they are too clean? although I guess they will have fingertip searched the whole area.

Oh, and to give you a point of reference. The pipes are in this photo.
2c10f805.jpg

See the large tree about 1/4 the way in from the left (runs from the top of the photo to about the middle), just off to the left of it there is a dark spot right near where the sun is shining on the grass. That is where the pipes are.
Technically I think it's on someones land, but the road is a service road that goes to the back of this photo and along Mount Crosby Road.

0d225b60.jpg

Down there in the creek is where I found the SES tape leading the way.

Wakeskate
Incredible work!! Thank you so much, enjoy your break!!

Wow!!! That is such an awesome effort, Wakeskate!!! Thankyou for giving your time like that. :)

Photos are from standing to the north side (non brisbane river side) of the bridge.

1 - the first pylon and drop off.
2 - slightly to the right and the location of the body
3 - down towards the Brisbane River
4 - The second pylon
5 - Up Kholo creek. Little Ugly Creek goes off to the right of that photo.

Great photos especially the one showing up the Kholo. You must have had to get down in the mud. Thanks so much for the huge effort. That mud is so slippery and goopy. MOO

Brilliant job Wakeskate.

1 - From the bottom of Little Ugly Creek looking back up where the photo was taken down from.
2 - Looking back up Little Ugly Creek

That looks like quite a steep bank in photo 1 - is that directly below where Dr Watson was referring? MOO

I just realised your lines are arrows? and not the flow of the creek?

Yes - the arrows point to where Little Ugly Creek takes the right angled turn, and to where it empties into Kholo Creek.

I've driven past that spot and over that bridge hundreds of times over the last 25 years, and I remember it as it used to be, and before the area was cleared by the police, SES, and forensic examiners, it really was a tucked away little area. The trees on that side of Kholo Creek, that lined up along the outside of the Armco barrier really did hide it pretty well from inbound traffic, and I'd be fairly sure that a car tucked well back into that area - at night in the dark and with lights off - would be hard to spot when heading outbound apart from a flash of reflection as you went by. It really doesn't look anything like it used to, now that it's been cleared, and this makes any assumptions as to what it used to look like just guesses based on memories. Including mine.

And in terms of probability as to where Allison's body came from when it got washed down in the flood surge - if indeed that was the case and she wasn't simply dropped over the side of the bridge - I still see that spot as a likely contender. Really - something as large and ungainly as a body, with arms, legs, etc flailing about, getting washed down the creek all the way from Wirrabara Rd, round the bends, past all the snags, trees, rocks, etc - I just find that hard to believe. But that's just skeptical me....

Anyway - maybe all will be revealed in good time. I think I'll just let it be for that particular aspect of things now. I've had more than my fair share of say, and made my points. There are multiple thoughts and opinions - which is not a bad thing. Given that we have no facts or forensics to go on, then opinions will be just that. Hopefully, we will find out in due course.

Here is a more accurate version of the map in my opinion.
I should have taken my bike GPS out as it is very accurate under tree coverage.
Green is the ridge, and blue is the creek.

Also I took note when driving up to Kholo Bridge.
Driving outbound you could clearly see a car parked in that section, and given the approach angle of the road, they would be lit up very well.
In bound it wouldn't be as obvious, but I would say you could also see a car if you weren't concentrating on the road to much.

Again the photo makes it look very deceptive.
The grass isn't that high in that area (no grass now) and its clearly visible at day time from both sides of the bridge.

For the people that don't know that area or haven't been down to have a look your arrows (along with DrWatson's) give a clear indication how close the LUC is to the Kholo bridge and it looks like you were able to get down it today to have a good look. MOO

Thank you for your detail and for piecing bits of the puzzle together.

Mani...

What do you think? Wirrabarra..
I just have a gut feeling it was Wirrabarra..

Alioop here are some more photos of the mud at the Kholo directly below the highest capping piece where the grass is on the bank.

Attachments

• Mud #1 14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #1 14.7.2012.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Mud #3 14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #3 14.7.2012.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Mud #4 14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #4 14.7.2012.JPG
    473.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Mud #5 14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #5 14.7.2012.JPG
    502 KB · Views: 33
  • Mud #6 14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #6 14.7.2012.JPG
    520 KB · Views: 38
Mud photos at Kholo Creek - footprints can be seen in most of the mud photos even though tides have covered the area twice a day IMO.

Attachments

• Mud #7 14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #7 14.7.2012.JPG
    436 KB · Views: 30
  • Mud #8 14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #8 14.7.2012.JPG
    506.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Mud #9  14.7.2012.JPG
    Mud #9 14.7.2012.JPG
    469.4 KB · Views: 24
Weren't the DPP supposed to be handing the 'Brief of Evidence' to GBC's Defence Lawyers on Monday August the 20th or has that all been changed ?

Mani...

What do you think? Wirrabarra..
I just have a gut feeling it was Wirrabarra..

You and I both got a bad feeling from Wirrabara Road. Mine was looking down the LUC towards the Kholo and the culvert under the bridge.

I am interested in where the pipes are in Wakeskate's photos today but also DrWatson has made I feel a plausible point about the steep bank into the LUC from that flattened area (carpark area) at the Kholo Bridge. It is a possibility that a car could back up to that fence. It would be quick and easier than going through the bush at the Scout Camp or Wirrabara Road.

And in my opinion, the perpetrator would look for something quick MOO.

If he was creeping about in the bush, forget caterpillars - he would have been covered in ticks MOO

You and I both got a bad feeling from Wirrabara Road. Mine was looking down the LUC towards the Kholo and the culvert under the bridge.

I am interested in where the pipes are in Wakeskate's photos today but also DrWatson has made I feel a plausible point about the steep bank into the LUC from that flattened area (carpark area) at the Kholo Bridge. It is a possibility that a car could back up to that fence. It would be quick and easier than going through the bush at the Scout Camp or Wirrabara Road.

And in my opinion, the perpetrator would look for something quick MOO.

Yes Mani,

I didn't get out of the car when I went up there.. so I am not sure where the pipes are. Are they under the road, where Wirrabarra crosses Little Ugly Creek?

It just makes more sense to get the car off the main road.

And I think it was a case of leaving poor Allison quickly, and not much thought at that stage about ensuring she was found. I am sure panic would have set in...

I don't know... I think it was Wirrabarra, but maybe being told how easy it was to back up a van to that creek bed and leave a body there has brainwashed me a little ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes