BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummell - breaking news; BSL pled guilty to murder, both Pate and Shunick! Result of plea deal from prosecution. Prosecution gave evidence and statements signed by BSL. Details very graphic and very grim.

Shunick - followed down St. Landry street, struck her while on bike bw Dean and Coliseum; threw MS; entered Z71 truck; had knife on him and sen-automatic handgun. Had some sort of altercation. Tried to call 911 with cell. sprayed BSL with mace. Did try to fight him off. Stabbed her several times. Drove to cane field in North Acadia parish; planned to dump body in cane field. Mickey jumped up, regained control of knife and stabbed him several times. BSL shot her once in head, killing her.

My god. You monster.

Just got home, just reading this. I am sick!

KLFY Brandon Lavergne update - YouTube

LWOP - update from KLFY on youtube.

jujube - not sure. Couldn't have been very life threatening if he was able to bring her to the cane field, and then bring her back to his home to tend to his wounds.
She sat behind me taking notes. I sat next to deputies & behind criminal court clerks. He stared directly ahead when he came in. 'the things you see when you haven't got your gun.'

Yep. And Mickey made damn sure that things went horribly wrong for him.

But alas, if he enjoys sex (especially of the non-consensual variety), I'm sure his cellmates at Angola will be happy to accommodate him.

*advertiser censored*.

He attacked and killed not one, but two women. Inmates are going to be having lots of fun with him...If they put him in general population.

"Clay Lejeune, one of Lavergne’s defense attorneys, said following the hearing that Lavergne has wanted to come clean about Shunick since before his arraignment. “He showed deep concern for the Shunicks and wanted closure for them,” Lejeune said." From the advertiser

first reaction: oh F-off you *advertiser censored*.
second reaction: Mamaroux's prayers were delivered

TRANSLATION: He knew what they found in his trailer and he knew he was good and screwed.

His actions so far look to be self-serving. So, he kills the Shunicks' daughter, then writes the bereaved parents a letter? To what point? Far from wanting "closure for them", I think it was more a "please don't let the world think too badly of my for my monstrous crimes once you hear them" coverup.

For some reason, I get the overwhelming sense that BSL was trying to lessen the heinousness of his crimes not for legal reasons, but for the benefit of those who know him personally. Shallow? Indeed. But considering how a RSO said nothing about sexual motive in the murder of young, pretty women and how he tried to justify going off on Mickey when she fought like a hellion, I'd say his motivations all point towards self-image.

I think the finger wound was hurting like hell and interfered with his focus causing him to let his guard down. With Mickey subdued, he probably laiid the knife down, but not to rape Mickey. Rather to use his other hand to hold onto that finger and try to stop the pain and bleeding. I get a little solace from imagining he moaned in pain like a wounded animal.

I get loads of solace from knowing he was so badly injured that he had to seek medical care. Only fear of his own death would push him to go to a hospital after committing a murder. Alibis and lies aside, his pain must have been horrific and further heightened once his adrenaline rush wore off.

He moved her body to the cemetery and found his hand wouldn't function. He tried to dig. He covered her with leaves and debris. He tried cleaning out his truck. He threw a bike into a body of water. That's a lot of activity for someone with multiple stab wounds and a badly injured hand. Only desperation would have pushed him so far with blood everywhere, his adrenaline no longer pumping, and his body getting progressively weaker from enormous pain, blood loss and mental exhaustion as he tried desperately to cover up what had simply become too much evidence.

Each imagery of motion brings to me a grim satisfaction that he suffered for much, much longer than the woman he murdered did. Her pain was over relatively quickly. If he sustained nerve damage in his hand, I can almost guarantee that he will be feeling that for the rest of his life...As he should.

<snip>
snipped your post a little.....I'm waiting, too. Three more, that's what I've heard for weeks now.
<snip some more>

My numbers have to do with evidence found in his home. There may be more women from whose demise he did not keep trophies. But three more is the rumble I keep hearing, too, and from more than one corner.

I agree boudin. If his injuries were "life threatening," the docs at oschner would have admitted him, rather than allowing him to drive back to lafayette. "life threatening", seems strong, and not ringing true. Who said his injuries were "life threatening" ? The docs ?? Who did that come from ??
Sorry if this was already stated, can't remember where this statement originated. Upset by the day's events, to say the least !

"Life threatening" doesn't seem like a long shot at all, if he was in danger of bleeding to death from his wounds. After all, you can nick the femoral artery, and even though the wound itself isn't too big, you can bleed out like a stuck pig relatively quickly.

For instance, if he grabbed that knife and severed tendons, then it's a good bet he also slashed nerves and veins. I don't know about you, but I'd like to think he was dirtying his drawers as he drove down the road and observed his own life force draining from a hand which was at once on fire (where the nerves were severed) and horrifyingly numb and unresponsive. Let's not forget that he was also stabbed in his neck, his back and his arm (I think). Human blood, because of its opacity, looks a LOT worse in terms of volume, and it's hard to gauge exactly how much you lose.

She sat behind me taking notes. I sat next to deputies & behind criminal court clerks. He stared directly ahead when he came in. 'the things you see when you haven't got your gun.'

Thanks to you and IMPondering (and others?) for going there to witness it. Must have been heart-rending. I usually am pretty tough, but I don't think I could have handled being in there, especially when the family reacted.

I had to go to the hardware store on Jefferson and so swung by during lunch to see if there was a crowd. I hadn't intended to go downtown, but needed a special fitting at that store to finish a job today The aftermath was surprisingly quiet and peaceful... and cleansing, if that is the word. I said a few words to Tom - we had met before - but didn't have the heart to approach Nancy, whom I had never met. They were so strong that in some ways, that they were almost consoling some of the young reporters after the cameras were turned off. In a way, they exhibited a feeling of quiet victory. I did get a chance to thank Det. Bajat for doing such a great job for the community. What a job LE did - remarkable - especially in the heartland of the CajunNet - to keep a lid on it and get their man.

I don't know where you were sitting, but I suspected a few sleuthers would be there. I, too, noticed the empty benches. I was in the fourth row, and as I was scribbling away, my handwriting got progressively worse as I heard the details. It was a surrealiexperience, for sure.

If I had known it would be so empty I would have gone! I figured it would be packed!
Actually was probably for the best as I developed a bad stomachache and became nausea just reading it. :(

My only wish would be that the people of Louisiana be allowed to get to BSL!

What is a grave dowser? I'm thinking some kind of sonar??

http://daddu.net/25-seriously-disturbing-serial-killers-from-around-the-world/

Long Story Houston Mom..The ability to locate unmarked graves using dowsing rods. It's what I do..

Grave Dowsing:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58428&page=6
Trying is believing. I stepped slowly across a burying ground, carrying two brass dowsing rods ahead of me. Held level and a little higher than my waist, the 21-inch rods pointed straight ahead. An additional five and a half inches of brass turned down at 90 degrees through my fingers.
With my fingers curled, the long brass of the rods lay across my index fingers between the hand and first knuckle. At the 90-degree bend, the short handles pointed straight down, curled inside my fingers, excluding the two smallest digits. The brass rode against the outside of my pinkie fingers. Thumbs stayed folded out of the way.
As I moved on to a grave, the rods turned inward toward each other and aligned parallel to the plot. The sensation was only as eerie as watching the play of a compass needle. I was doing this under the tutelage of an expert, Jasper dowser Joe Chastain.
A longtime resident of Pickens County, Chastain is retired from Lockheed. He started dowsing when he was nineteen years old.
"I didn't have a teacher," Chastain said. "The first time I ever used the rods, an old farmer had some. I was in a little disbelief." But as the rods acted in his hands, Chastain discovered there was something to it.
Tradition calls for a forked peach branch when hunting for water, but that is unnecessary, Chastain says. Any forked stick, dry or green, works just as good, the expert said. "The forked stick that the old-timers use works very good with water," Chastain said. "It works with me too. I just don't like it."
"Brass is easier," Chastain explained. "I like to think it picks up better, but that's just me. Aluminum is not good, because it's too light. It doesn't feel right in your hands."
Fine-tuning the art, Chastain discovered he could find most anything with the rods: water pipes; mineral veins; a quarter tossed out on the ground. Chastain said that when crossing a vein of iron ore "the rods will open, close and open again."
"Water is the most pronounced thing you'll find when you look for something," Chastain said. But he said the rods' reaction to graves is also pronounced.
Some fifteen years ago, Chastain taught Carl Etheridge to use the rods. Now retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Etheridge was chief ranger in charge of land management at the Corps' Allatoona reservoir when Chastain taught him the dowser's art.
With some information from a member of the Brooke family and his newfound dowsing skills, Etheridge said he located the old Brooke family cemetery on Corps land after a topographical map plotted the graveyard in the wrong position. He located the graveyard in the Sweetwater Campground near Lake Allatoona in Cherokee County, Etheridge said. A monument marks the site today.
Etheridge has practiced his dowsing to a point where he now assists land developers in locating graves to move them. Etheridge said he once assisted an archaeologist, moving some graves. Using his dowsing rods, Etheridge said, he found one more grave than the archaeologist. The scientist told Etheridge he had only found a stump hole and wrapped up the dig without exploring the final find.
Etheridge said he shortly returned to the finished dig and conducted a dig of his own. He said he found an infant grave: coffin hardware and glass from a porthole-style coffin, popular in the late 1800s. Under the glass was the one piece of bone Etheridge discovered in the grave, the back of a child's skull.
Etheridge said in Georgia's acidic soil, sometimes all you find in an old grave is a blue residue in the soil indicating where the body lay.
Etheridge said he boxed all the contents of the child grave he found and presented them to the doubting archaeologist.
But if dowsing for graves works, the question is why. Chastain says anything buried, whether once living or not, gives off rings of energy--something like the magnetic lines of force surrounding a magnet.
For the Pickens County Historical Society, Chastain has located what are believed to be unmarked graves at the Fitzsimmons Cemetery at Marble Hill. Society members also believe he has found 20 graves of the previously lost Daniels Cemetery near Tate.
But if folks ask too many questions regarding the science of the process, Chastain sometimes tells them it might more than they need to know. Soft-spoken and slightly mystical in demeanor, Chastain's large brown eyes peer through eyeglasses with gentle intensity. Around him, you get the sense Chastain is tuned to the natural world.
And while science might attempt to explain Chastain's locating technique, it would fall all over itself trying to explain some of his other claimed abilities with the rods. The rods can tell him the gender of a grave occupant, Chastain says.
"Normally, on a female, the rod will point to the head," he explained. "On a male, to the feet."
Chastain admits he is the only dowser he knows who can make the gender determination. Chastain says he can know if there is more than one occupant in a grave. Sometimes women who died in childbirth were buried with the child lost in the birthing.
But more eerie still, Chastain says he can feel through the rods if a grave occupant died a violent death. He says the brass goes crazy in his hands.
Wives tales? Maybe. I can only say I know the rods aligned with a grave when I stepped across it.
Chastain says focusing your mind on what you are hunting is the key to finding with the rods--tuning yourself to the pointing brass.
"You have to know how to use 'em. You have to know how to hold 'em. You have to know how to read 'em," Chastain said.
"Don't bury it," he said. "I'll find it..

Joe Chastain is a 'Master Dowser', and was self taught, over 40 years ago. He locates graves and marks for Historical Societies, Law Enforcement, and private citizens locating ancestor's family plots. He was my teacher. I contacted Joe the night before I dowsed GMH's primary den/safe haven/ritual grounds for suggestions and tips.
I contacted him a few days later to verify my findings in Gary Hilton's primary den: Wildcat Tract: Dawson Forest WMA, Dawsonville, GA.
Without knowlege of my results, he verified my findings, and made additional discoveries.

I'd like to know what his signature says about him from someone that specializes in that. Looks secretive !

I have been fascinated by graphology since a young age. Just a quick take - cramped writing style - repressed introvert, low self-esteem. Sloppy, ill-formed letters, trailing off - lack of attention to detail and non-conformity. Final spike forward and to the right - determination and sudden aggression.

That's worth about :twocents:

Didn't want to think about it any more than that.

I have been fascinated by graphology since a young age. Just a quick take - cramped writing style - repressed introvert. Sloppy, ill-formed letters, trailing off - lack of attention to detail and non-conformity. Final spike forward and to the right - determination and sudden aggression.

That's worth about :twocents:

Didn't want to think about it any more than that.

You are a jack of all trades and I have appreciated ALL of your posts. Even when you said something I didn't agree with, your wording is AMAZING and eloquent and makes it easy to disagree with you, but still respect you! I have enjoyed all of your input, logic, reason, time, effort, and support.

i'm catching up, so I'm not sure if this has been posted, but i think this is the route she took according to the report

not that it matters, but there was so much speculation in the past 3 months that i had to map it

http://goo.gl/maps/AUj1n

-------------
"she jumped up" wording reminds me of the character of Alex in Fatal Attraction where she "jumps up" out of the water.

Seems borrowed to me, and not true.

Don't you know he must've pooped his pants when that happened. I mean, he said he felt for a pulse and felt none...he thought she was dead. She resurrected long enough to stab and also scare the bejeezus out of him. You go Mick!

You are a jack of all trades and I have appreciated ALL of your posts. Even when you said something I didn't agree with, your wording is AMAZING and eloquent and makes it easy to disagree with you, but still respect you! I have enjoyed all of your input, logic, reason, time, effort, and support.

I'd like to apologize to those I have sometimes offended. I can be blunt and insistent and sometimes undiplomatic. :pillowfight2:

All of us here have been joined by concern for a young woman, and have each contributed in his/her own way to make our collective understanding greater. The sum is greater than the parts.

You all have been integral in helping spread the word about Mickey, and I am so thankful that Tricia and Sue and the moderators, especially bessie, who's been here for the long haul, have provided this place to uncover the facts about missing persons. Websleuths is a great example of the "power of social media" (thank you, Brettly Wilson), and I hope it does a lot more good in the future.

BSL's confession of events leave out that fact IMO that he almost definitely sexually assaulted both Lisa and Mickey.

[snip]

Correct - it's a fact that it's not in the confession. I would like to think, and I hope and pray, that once Mickey started fighting back in the truck and he and she were injured, it turned into a survival match for Lavergne, and that this didn't happen, and she didn't let it happen. Until/unless there's verifiable confirmation, I'm not going to entertain the thought.

IMPondering...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8269598&postcount=988

This black tarp with the vine in it has me bothered. I can't get over it since you posted this earlier. Do you think this could have been a marker for him as to a previous burial site for him? I questioned this when first posted and even more so after the plea document stated that BSL went to that spot initially to bury her, but couldn't due to his injuries and left her there. He then came back to bury her instead of just leaving her covered where he did. Why?
If he buried her deep could there be more right there in the same area?

Just wondered what your take was as you noted this. Also thank you for your photos and the insights you have provided us here!

The piece of tarp at the gravesight seemed so out of place and was old. My suspicions also were along the lines of previous burial or marker. I couldn't tell, but sounds like he had this place in mind when disposing of MM (MightyMick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member