Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess, that's better than a lightning bolt, huh?

Yes, Bessie, a very powerful and revealing statement that resonates in the dark shadows of the many before him.

Yes, Foxfire. It's the classic, textbook scenario.

What on earth went on here tonight!?!? I can't believe some of things I'm reading.

I guess I missed it completely. Maybe that's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarryB,

If you know can you elaborate on any juvenile record that BSL might have had or near run ins with the law. I ask because classic Serial Killer's start at a very young age and so far BSL is fitting into the classic signs of how a Serial Killer is made (for lack of a better word) Some background history on this subject would be good for possible other clues to other crimes.

For example, Websleuth's uncovered that he had visited cemetery's in the past and low and behold he chose one to bury MMS.

It is good that you are here answering question's for us GarryB, because many need more closure and once those people to include media (which do read here) have those small details then maybe they will move on too. I believe in my humble opinion with the state of the economy that BSL probably will not be brought to justice in Texas unless there is direct DNA to implicate him on any other missing person. BSL is in jail and not going anywhere, they can take their time investigating, instead of a lot of police hours, one person will be assigned. Sad to say but it is a fact these days.

Lera213, I honor your opinion, but respectfully disagree about moving on and that BSL, will not be thoroughly investigated and brought to Justice in TX.

Budget cuts do have a direct effect on how investigations are handled. With that said, the MSM focus, and BSL being convicted for two murders in LA, an aggravated rape conviction in 1999, and the probability of other victims in TX, will draw the attention of the FBI BAU & their virtual unlimited resources.

Yes, Foxfire. It's the classic, textbook scenario.

Indeed.I wonder when the first time his bio mom said no --when he was a teen? Brings to mind a recent discussion with Foxfire regarding a woman in Sunset- about 10 miles from Churchpoint who was murdered in her apartment in 1993. It's a cold case. BSL would have been around 14 at the time.

GarryB,

If you know can you elaborate on any juvenile record that BSL might have had or near run ins with the law. I ask because classic Serial Killer's start at a very young age and so far BSL is fitting into the classic signs of how a Serial Killer is made (for lack of a better word) Some background history on this subject would be good for possible other clues to other crimes.

For example, Websleuth's uncovered that he had visited cemetery's in the past and low and behold he chose one to bury MMS.

When did it become abnormal to bury the dead in a cemetery? ;)

@GarryB

Thank you for coming here and sharing your insights.

I can't imagine how your family must be feeling and will feel for a very long time - generations, undoubtedly.

I hope your family can remember the contributions they've made to the end of BSL's criminal career as often as they remember his crimes.

I understand that BSL is one person. He does not represent any family. He's an aberration.

Good luck to you and your family as you move through the months and years to come.

Peace be with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatsupAZ - I have no inside information, but just a gut feeling that we are not through with BSL, but as Lera said above, alas it may be a matter of budgets and political considerations whether any more charges will be brought. With him serving 2 LWOP sentences, I just don't know how it will be justified. That's a shame as that would mean the other families not getting the same justice as MS and LP.

FoxFire - I have not spoken to him about his hobbies. The several times I have talked to him were mostly about his work, and what family member was doing what, etc. Even though I have a gun cabinet, I don't hunt, so that would not have come up in a conversation.
The actual exchange with BSL not coming to the house anymore was between him my wife . He would not have talked to me like that (punk). I don't remember the date, but it was over a year ago. We did talk over the phone after that though. I wasn't privy to those details about their heated conversation until this case came up. Sorry, won't elaborate on that conversation.

Lera213 - I don't have any information on his childhood or any bouts with the law other than what has been uncovered in this case, sorry.

GarryB,
When he visited the area did he always stay with his 1/2 sister or did he stay in hotels or did he have other friends or relatives in the area? Did he go to church there? Did he visit for holidays, specifically Easter?

Thanks so much!

GarryB,
When he visited the area did he always stay with his 1/2 sister or did he stay in hotels or did he have other friends or relatives in the area? Did he go to church there? Did he visit for holidays, specifically Easter?

Thanks so much!
He was all over the place, He did stay with the sister sometimes, but I have no way of knowing where else he stayed. He told of having a girlfriend in Austin too. And yes, LE knows about that too...

I know that we are not supposed to post FB posts. But this is something that Mickey's mom just posted. Many have us have wondered how she has felt since we learned of what happened to Mickey. To me, this makes me smile. I am glad to hear that she is proud of Mickey and knowing of her final moment's is bringing her healing. Perhaps the mods will find this one of the FB posts worth standing? If not, I do apologize and please delete.

"The image that remains in my mind is Mickey springing up with the knife and plunging it into his chest - he had to shoot her to save himself. I hope this image wakes him from sleep every night in a fear sweat. It is the image that makes me smile. The Mighty Mick. Always in my heart."

Love this family.

I am hoping that LE has already pulled his phone records, any GPS, etc. for April of 2010 as well as checking his work location, to determine if he could have been in Spring when Ali was taken. Doing these things is not that difficult or expensive, and if he was there, combined with the witnesses, they could possibly build a case. Ali needs to be found just as much as Mikey did.

Indeed.I wonder when the first time his bio mom said no --when he was a teen? Brings to mind a recent discussion with Foxfire regarding a woman in Sunset- about 10 miles from Churchpoint who was murdered in her apartment in 1993. It's a cold case. BSL would have been around 14 at the time.

Serial killer Caroll Edward Cole told the jury, "I've been killing her through them"..referring to his Mother and his innocent victims..

I saw your post about the crime in CP. Do you recall if there was much local press coverage? I'm going to see if I can dig up something in the news archives.

She may have been afraid of him or she may have believed his story.
I am sure she was in a difficult spot.
Still....filing a false police report is illegal for a reason.

I was not clear in this post. I am not implying that she filed a police report. I know bsl filed the report. If anyone knew he was filing a false report they should know that is a crime he was committing in filing a false report.

GarryB, thank you for all you are sharing. There were so many people victimized by BSL...But what most people are not seeing is that, while the Shunicks and Pates have some sort of closure, family members of BSL will continue to be victimized for years to come, for as long as they choose to have contact with him. Love often forgives sins, and continues to reach towards a person because of those ties of the heart. I believe the correct term is "emotional blackmail", and we see evidence of that where Brandon tells his sister he "forgives her". It's classic egomanic manipulation. Because of her love, she remains in his life. Because of a guilt he is trying to thrust upon her, she will probably be asked to do other things, with that guilt used as the motivator of choice. "You owe me...I'm here in Angola because of you." will probably be something she either hears on visiting day, or sees in a letter. I feel so, so sorry for her.

Several years ago, when I'd just begun to write, I submitted my first piece to a national "citizen report" site. What are the odds of a brand-new writer getting any attention, right? That very first piece went national, and I freaked. The attention you get is rapid, blinding and terrifying. You have no idea how to negotiate things, and you're terrified that further statements will be twisted and distorted to meet some editor's overall storyline. Within two days, I went from a nobody to the Dr. Phil Show somehow getting my cell phone number and calling me for an interview! Far from being dazzled, I felt like a deer stuck in the headlights of an enormous monster called the "media experience". I've since learned that this monster can be tamed (in a fashion) with an agent or publicist, but for the novice, the experience can actually be traumatizing. So it was for me. It's been four years, and I'm only just beginning to write again. (No, I don't do the true crime genre.)

There comes a time where "sleuthing" becomes "snooping". In the case of the perpetrator's family members, they did not ask for the white-hot spotlight of guilt to be thrust on them. They are NOT guilty and therefore should have that spotlight only if they ask for it explicitly. For those who ask for their privacy, please respect it. Don't hunt them down against their will. These family members did not commit any crimes, other than to love someone who manipulated their emotions, used them, and caused them great pain. Those who speak out, choose to do so. Those who choose to keep silent, please grant them that mercy. Their worlds are destroyed, too.

WhatsupAZ - I have no inside information, but just a gut feeling that we are not through with BSL, but as Lera said above, alas it may be a matter of budgets and political considerations whether any more charges will be brought. With him serving 2 LWOP sentences, I just don't know how it will be justified. That's a shame as that would mean the other families not getting the same justice as MS and LP.

FoxFire - I have not spoken to him about his hobbies. The several times I have talked to him were mostly about his work, and what family member was doing what, etc. Even though I have a gun cabinet, I don't hunt, so that would not have come up in a conversation.
The actual exchange with BSL not coming to the house anymore was between him my wife . He would not have talked to me like that (punk). I don't remember the date, but it was over a year ago. We did talk over the phone after that though. I wasn't privy to those details about their heated conversation until this case came up. Sorry, won't elaborate on that conversation.

Lera213 - I don't have any information on his childhood or any bouts with the law other than what has been uncovered in this case, sorry.

thanx for the reply, garyb.. guess, his reaction was his normal violent narcisstic response.
garryb, if you remember the date of the altercation between BSL & your wife later on, please share..

“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”
― Helen Keller

My wife was hurt more than I was. We will not share those sentiments with the girls. I understand it is a few, for whatever reason, that have problems. My overall experience with WS has been VERY positive. The dedication of moderators like Bessie and the helpful, compassionate dialog here has made it even more important to find Mighty Mick and bring her home. That was the ultimate goal. I am pretty thick skinned, and it will take more than that to keep me from trying to make sense of this senseless act.
IMO I don't think we're done with BSL. I have no evidence to prove that, just a gut feeling...

I was definitely thinking of your wife as well when I said that to you.I responded so fast this morning when I saw you online that I forgot to mention her name after yours in my post.

Good Morning dear sleuthers :seeya:

I've still to catch up on the thread, but wanted to post this link (apologies if it's already been posted).

Smart, funny, outspoken, thoughtful, loving and loved, vibrant, a gentle soul with the heart of a lioness is how Shunick's mother, Nancy Rowe, described her daughter in a statement Friday.

"I never called Mickey a victim. She refuses to be a victim," Rowe said in the statement.

"My courageous child faced down a monster," she continued. "Now I think I can face the monsters too. And so can you. The Mighty Mick. I love you Mickey."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120819/NEWS01/208190332/A-life-lost-tragically-tick-by-tick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak