Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you posters are being really hard on me. I don't think I came down on the sister that hard. I never implied that I have a zero tolerance policy. I gave her the credit she deserves, several times I said I was grateful for her help. I just said she made a bad choice and trusted the wrong guy. Then I said she did the right thing in the end. I also said that I am sure she had reasons to help him.
How is that so harsh?
I am sorry for upsetting Garryb's and his wife. They have been thru a lot and don't need any more stress. I should have not posted my reaction but I do not think I was overly hard on her.

I think our time would be better spent not pointing fingers at one another here. We are all here for the same reason, I believe. I know that probably most of us here have at one time posted something that, in hindsight, maybe we would rather we had not, or maybe wished we had worded it differently. Many of us have probably even posted something and then almost immediately deleted it. Kjill has been on here fighting for Mickey almost from the beginning, and has made innumerabale contributions. I think, rather than throwing her under the bus for posting something that many feel was inappropriate, we should just move on. It is not our place to determine if a post is inappropriate, anyway, ultimately. If you feel a post should be removed, alert a mod and let them decide. I just think we should move on to another topic. JMO

I think our time would be better spent not pointing fingers at one another here. We are all here for the same reason, I believe. I know that probably most of us here have at one time posted something that, in hindsight, maybe we would rather we had not, or maybe wished we had worded it differently. Many of us have probably even posted something and then almost immediately deleted it. Kjill has been on here fighting for Mickey almost from the beginning, and has made innumerabale contributions. I think, rather than throwing her under the bus for posting something that many feel was inappropriate, we should just move on. It is not our place to determine if a post is inappropriate, anyway, ultimately. If you feel a post should be removed, alert a mod and let them decide. I just think we should move on to another topic. JMO

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you sir! :rocker:

:frown:
I do have some compassion for him when I think about how he must feel inside about when it comes to his birth mother and maybe even his birth father. But I don't feel sorry his way of dealing with his pent up anger. I think Brandon has some serious emotional issues that he may have always felt to macho to want to face in a constructive way. I think a lot of
of his actions stems from him feeling unloved,not wanted from his birth Mom and in turn he hates himself. JMO...

I agree, CajunA, it is difficult for empathetic human beings to have complete disdain for him...
Yet, imo, if anyone has earned the right to be considered unworthy of one's empathy. It is Psychopathic Serial Killer Brandon Scott Lavergne.

I keep thinking back to the glowing letter by the Prison Warden of BSL, in 2003, the RSO Evaluation Officer, and the Church Pastor that he had deceived/outfoxed...

He seems to adapt well in an all male disciplined environment. Yet, when released into a free society, his manipulating behavior and obvious anger and violence toward women; his prey, reemerges. Leaving a trail of tragedy and devastation in his wake..

BS Lavergne's deviant behavior and ultimate destiny may have commenced in his childhood years and escalated for decades. As indicators point to this. Thankfully Mighty Mick, wasn't deceived by his mask of normalcy in the early morning hours of 05/19/2012, and abruptly ended his trail of terror..

<modsnip>

Some of you posters are being really hard on me. I don't think I came down on the sister that hard. I never implied that I have a zero tolerance policy. I gave her the credit she deserves, several times I said I was grateful for her help. I just said she made a bad choice and trusted the wrong guy. Then I said she did the right thing in the end. I also said that I am sure she had reasons to help him.
How is that so harsh?
I am sorry for upsetting Garryb's and his wife. They have been thru a lot and don't need any more stress. I should have not posted my reaction but I do not think I was overly hard on her.

Thanks, K.jill. We don't all come with the same prescription in our lenses. Only by sharing our observations with one another are any of us able to see the whole picture. :grouphug:

I will say something about guns that might be against what some of us here believe. I have never owned a gun, nor do I plan to. It seems like people are exercising their rights to own a firearm, and some of the firearms are of ridiculous proportions. Does it make one feel safer? Knowing that you always have to sleep with one eye open with a finger on the trigger if someone breaks into your house? Because most of the times, it's the criminals with the guns. The fact that everyone in Switzerland must own a firearm is something I didn't know and they are my neighbors to the south and I work with many Swiss people. Had no idea. But at any rate. I think it's more of a societal problem that a 'yeah, I'm a proud American and want to exercise my second amendment rights blah blah blah' (even though when it comes to a gun battle with a bad guy, tough guy will likely lose). Why not fix the problem about WHY we feel obligated to carry a firearm than to fight for the right to defend ourselves against those that shouldn't even have them? Maybe no one will agree with me and that's okay but even Websleuths is a direct result of societal problems. (But, yes I love you all and glad to be here!)

JMO I personally am done trying to figure out the psychological reasons that 'BS' Lavergne (or any other murderer/rapist) has for wrecking the lives of innocent human beings and their families and friends.

I'm a forgiving person, and always try to put myself in other people's shoes, in order to see their side of the story, or their motivations and feelings, but to my mind, there is never any justification for taking a life, except to defend your own or that of your loved ones - and there is never justification for rape - not ever!

To physically grab and take a woman and force her to have sex, is not only perverted and violent, it's an act of controlling another human being, and murdering them is the supreme act of taking away all of that person's power, and playing God.

I believe Brandon, like so many other rapists, murderers and criminals, did what he did because he wanted to, and because he continued to get away with his evil deeds until the fateful moment he met the Mighty Mick ! Just my two cents :twocents:

JMO I personally am done trying to figure out the psychological reasons that 'BS' Lavergne (or any other murderer/rapist) has for wrecking the lives of innocent human beings and their families and friends.

I'm a forgiving person, and always try to put myself in other people's shoes, in order to see their side of the story, or their motivations and feelings, but to my mind, there is never any justification for taking a life, except to defend your own or that of your loved ones - and there is never justification for rape - not ever!

To physically grab and take a woman and force her to have sex, is not only perverted and violent, it's an act of controlling another human being, and murdering them is the supreme act of taking away all of that person's power, and playing God.

I believe Brandon, like so many other rapists, murderers and criminals, did what he did because he wanted to, and because he continued to get away with his evil deeds until the fateful moment he met the Mighty Mick ! Just my two cents :twocents:

You're right, there is never justification. It's a choice to do right or wrong.

However, if you don't know the reasons behind why some people act as they do, then you don't have a complete picture. If you have a child who is coughing their head off and has a fever, you want to know why they're sick. Is it a virus or is it bacterial pneumonia? You can't cure the disease until you know what caused it. For BSL, it's too late. His life is down the crapper. However, for others who are struggling with their inner demons finding out what and why they feel these terrible emotions may help to prevent them from becoming murderers. That's why it's important to find out what if any psychological reasons there are for BSL acting the way he did. There may be none. His birth mother might have taken drugs (either illegal or prescription) or become ill at sometime early in her pregnancy when BSL's brain was not fully formed that caused him to be the way he is. Who knows but the more we know about the whys, the better able we are to prevent.

And for anyone that's interested in the rationale behind the Swiss gun laws, please read on: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland"]Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Not to be twisted into the interpretations of the 2nd Amendment. There aren't simply thugs with guns car-jacking people or killing people in road rage incidents. It's unheard of.

Excuse me if this has been explained before and I missed it....How did BSL explain his injuries to his sister when he got her to help him? tia

Excuse me if this has been explained before and I missed it....How did BSL explain his injuries to his sister when he got her to help him? tia

He told her about the mugging in New Orleans story.

You and my wife think a lot alike. I hold BSL responsible for his actions and we have discussed allot about whether the rejection has a major part in what he did. I don't want to give him the luxury of laying off any part of blame to anyone other than himself. There are lots of people that are rejected, adopted or otherwise, and they don't kill people and dig graves.
Having said all that, Foxfire asked if I remembered the date of when BSL blew up, she told me it came to a head between them Feb. this year. He was trying to add one of his FB profiles to her FB page and she turned it down telling him, among other things, his RSO status was a problem. I thought RSO's weren't even supposed to have a FB page, he had several...
He has been involved with his bio family over 16 years. He was welcomed into the family with open arms, and he had a problem with just one. His bio mother refused all those years to have anything at all to do with him and then finally requested to add him to her friends on FB on Feb 18th of this year. After she added him she barely had any conversation with him.
I thought one of his messages to her was kind of telling, and I will post it verbatim.

"I have some love for my mom only because she is my mom but I know she is a snake and I don't trust her at all."

So it did bother him, but I will not allow him to use that for an excuse for murder. Pity, maybe...

Garry, you're right. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE that will let him off of what he's done...however, having said that, I do believe it is a reason. Excuses and reasons are different. An excuse is kind of letting him and what he did off of the hook...a reason, on the other hand might show us part of WHY.

I will say something about guns that might be against what some of us here believe. I have never owned a gun, nor do I plan to. It seems like people are exercising their rights to own a firearm, and some of the firearms are of ridiculous proportions. Does it make one feel safer? Knowing that you always have to sleep with one eye open with a finger on the trigger if someone breaks into your house? Because most of the times, it's the criminals with the guns. The fact that everyone in Switzerland must own a firearm is something I didn't know and they are my neighbors to the south and I work with many Swiss people. Had no idea. But at any rate. I think it's more of a societal problem that a 'yeah, I'm a proud American and want to exercise my second amendment rights blah blah blah' (even though when it comes to a gun battle with a bad guy, tough guy will likely lose). Why not fix the problem about WHY we feel obligated to carry a firearm than to fight for the right to defend ourselves against those that shouldn't even have them? Maybe no one will agree with me and that's okay but even Websleuths is a direct result of societal problems. (But, yes I love you all and glad to be here!)

The "problem" will never be fixed. The world is evil, always has been and always will be. Now, on a personal level, I do exercise my second amendment rights. I have a concealed carry permit and I guarantee you this much, if you and I were say...in the same restaurant, and some depraved wretch walks in and begins to shoot innocents right and left, I will be more than happy to pull out my gun and blow him away...thus protecting myself and you from being killed by someone who more than likely has obtained his gun illegally. I would be more than happy to pop a cap in that person, (I'll pray for his soul later,) and if by chance, he lives to shoot me back and kill me, well I will at least know I did my best to save others from dying at his hand.

OK, I am a little scared to post this, but I don't think I will sleep well tonight if I don't come to K. jill's defense here just a little. I really don't think she was meaning to sleuth or badmouth BSL's sister.

I was here last night during the time all the upset about this issue broke out.

I read K. jill's first post and what I took away from it was that she (I'm gonna say "she", though I don't know for sure) was wondering out loud about the situation the sister had found herself in and what hot water she might have found herself in had the situation been different -- as in, had Brandon's story about loaning his truck for gun-running true and there had been no murder investigation to be attached to his actions.

K. jill was saying, I think, that in that case, IF the sister had knowledge of the truck burning, stolen-truck report, etc. -- and if the false report, insurance fraud, etc. had come to light and was being investigated -- with no murder case involved whatsoever -- the sister's actions might have been scrutinized by LE in a different light. And on that point, I personally think she may be correct. Who knows -- it is a hypothetical situation. The upshot was that BSL appeared to have manipulated his sister into what could have been a very sticky situation for her, even if a murder had NOT been involved.

I never felt that K. jill was asking that we condemn or sleuth the sister!

Not being qualified to make a judgement, I am not sure whether Kj stepped outside the bounds of TOS with her "thinking-out-loud" statements. What I DID see happen was that many who felt she had and/or were upset by what she had posted (whether they understood her intent or not), quickly came forward to post their objections, disdain, outrage, and varying degrees of dissatisfaction -- as was their right.

But the net effect of so many strongly-worded posts, IMO, was to make it appear, to someone reading them later, that K. jill had said something much different than she actually did, and that she had dug in and refused to listen to reason. Some posts, if I am remembering correctly, quoted snips from K. jill that were not in full context or, more misleadingly, incorrectly paraphrased her.

In response, I did not see K. jill bang her fist on the keyboard and forge ahead with an "attack" on the sister. On the contrary, what I saw was that she tried to explain her original intention, apologize for any unintentional offense, acknowledge that any "bad situation" was of BSL's making and that the sister's role was extremely important in resolving Mickey's case, and extend feelings of concern for the sister and other family members. And then try to let the matter end. Now, what more could she do, folks?

The denouncing posts just kept on coming. It makes it look like K. jill was in the trenches trying to prolong a war -- but honestly, I didn't see that happening.

I wonder if we have not all made a post, at one time or another, that was misunderstood, denounced, or even, heaven forbid, stepped over the TOS boundary a little bit.

ETA: I was back in the thread a-ways when I posted -- I now see that some others have said much the same as I have here. Didn't mean to resurrect the issue.

Garry, you're right. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE that will let him off of what he's done...however, having said that, I do believe it is a reason. Excuses and reasons are different. An excuse is kind of letting him and what he did off of the hook...a reason, on the other hand might show us part of WHY.

Just clicking the thank button wasn't enough I totally agree with you on this one.

Finally caught up after being gone for the afternoon and evening yesterday. First and foremost, gotta tip the cap to garryb for being so willing to come here and answer lots of the questions being posed, and no doubt clearing up many of the lingering questions many of us here have regarding the "inside baseball" part of the entire story.

I'm pretty sure we know all we'll know about the MS episode, as BSL is the only one who knows the real story. Perhaps years down the road, after he's been in Angola and starts singing to fellow inmates, we may get more details on that fateful night. But for now, the version of that early morning's events, as retold in court last week, will have to suffice.

Only thing I think which really dogs me at this point is in regards to Ali L. Someone earlier mentioned the memory jar idea of Deepwater Horizon, and Garry said he'd look into it. I'd love to see the Lowitzer family get some closure on it all. And, quite frankly, I'd also like to see BSL's family get some closure on it -- one way or the other.

The license plate connection, the DWT connection, and the proximity of some of BSL's family members' homes to the last known location of Ali L. all seem to strengthen the connection of BSL to her disappearance.

Question: Has BSL actually been questioned regarding the disappearance of Ali Lowitzer? Anyone know?

Amen SteveP, Amen.:thumb:

Thank you, so very much.
I am going to let it go, not post about it again and try not to read any more posts about it.
And you were correct, I am a she.

OK, I am a little scared to post this, but I don't think I will sleep well tonight if I don't come to K. jill's defense here just a little. I really don't think she was meaning to sleuth or badmouth BSL's sister.

I was here last night during the time all the upset about this issue broke out.

I read K. jill's first post and what I took away from it was that she (I'm gonna say "she", though I don't know for sure) was wondering out loud about the situation the sister had found herself in and what hot water she might have found herself in had the situation been different -- as in, had Brandon's story about loaning his truck for gun-running true and there had been no murder investigation to be attached to his actions.

K. jill was saying, I think, that in that case, IF the sister had knowledge of the truck burning, stolen-truck report, etc. -- and if the false report, insurance fraud, etc. had come to light and was being investigated -- with no murder case involved whatsoever -- the sister's actions might have been scrutinized by LE in a different light. And on that point, I personally think she may be correct. Who knows -- it is a hypothetical situation. The upshot was that BSL appeared to have manipulated his sister into what could have been a very sticky situation for her, even if a murder had NOT been involved.

I never felt that K. jill was asking that we condemn or sleuth the sister!

Not being qualified to make a judgement, I am not sure whether Kj stepped outside the bounds of TOS with her "thinking-out-loud" statements. What I DID see happen was that many who felt she had and/or were upset by what she had posted (whether they understood her intent or not), quickly came forward to post their objections, disdain, outrage, and varying degrees of dissatisfaction -- as was their right.

But the net effect of so many strongly-worded posts, IMO, was to make it appear, to someone reading them later, that K. jill had said something much different than she actually did, and that she had dug in and refused to listen to reason. Some posts, if I am remembering correctly, quoted snips from K. jill that were not in full context or, more misleadingly, incorrectly paraphrased her.

In response, I did not see K. jill bang her fist on the keyboard and forge ahead with an "attack" on the sister. On the contrary, what I saw was that she tried to explain her original intention, apologize for any unintentional offense, acknowledge that any "bad situation" was of BSL's making and that the sister's role was extremely important in resolving Mickey's case, and extend feelings of concern for the sister and other family members. And then try to let the matter end. Now, what more could she do, folks?

The denouncing posts just kept on coming. It makes it look like K. jill was in the trenches trying to prolong a war -- but honestly, I didn't see that happening.

I wonder if we have not all made a post, at one time or another, that was misunderstood, denounced, or even, heaven forbid, stepped over the TOS boundary a little bit.

I have a question for garryb regarding his earlier comment that Brandon had a girlfriend in Austin, Texas. I'd really like to know if BSL was dating this girl back in 2010 (particularly around April, 2010) when Ali went missing. Looking at the map of the area where the teenager disappeared, gives me the idea that he could have taken her in the direction of Austin and dumped her en route. Just speculation of course.

Ali Lowitzer was last seen April 26, 2010, getting off a school bus at Knotting Post and Low Ridge Road about 3 p.m. She walked from there to Burger Barn (which has since closed down, but the building was at 22760 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX), and was seen talking to someone in a white GMC 2005 extended cab truck. The map shows locations of Low Ridge Road, her workplace and the distance to Austin.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=L...hjF61WnUS0abXQ&oq=austin&t=h&gl=us&mra=ls&z=9

LE has great reasoning in regards to the bsl and Ali connection.

They've done well in retracing Brandons steps ever since Mickey's case first began.
I'm confident they will be able to re trace his steps even further back.

Finally caught up after being gone for the afternoon and evening yesterday. First and foremost, gotta tip the cap to garryb for being so willing to come here and answer lots of the questions being posed, and no doubt clearing up many of the lingering questions many of us here have regarding the "inside baseball" part of the entire story.

I'm pretty sure we know all we'll know about the MS episode, as BSL is the only one who knows the real story. Perhaps years down the road, after he's been in Angola and starts singing to fellow inmates, we may get more details on that fateful night. But for now, the version of that early morning's events, as retold in court last week, will have to suffice.

Only thing I think which really dogs me at this point is in regards to Ali L. Someone earlier mentioned the memory jar idea of Deepwater Horizon, and Garry said he'd look into it. I'd love to see the Lowitzer family get some closure on it all. And, quite frankly, I'd also like to see BSL's family get some closure on it -- one way or the other.

The license plate connection, the DWT connection, and the proximity of some of BSL's family members' homes to the last known location of Ali L. all seem to strengthen the connection of BSL to her disappearance.

Question: Has BSL actually been questioned regarding the disappearance of Ali Lowitzer? Anyone know?

Excellent question. I'd like to know the answer, too.

It sounds like Mac Sanford, the P.I. in Ali's case, was in Lafayette last week when he gave these interviews. I'm relieved to know he's determined to find the answers. Maybe in the process he'll turn up information on other missing/murdered. That's my prayer, anyway.

P.I. in Lowitzer Case Says It's Too Coincidental

Texas Cold Case May Have Links to Brandon Scott Lavergne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members