Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reminder about the subject of rumours. I suggest you move off the rumours otherwise you'll find your posts will be deleted.

Please do not discuss rumors. Although SOME rumors turn out to be true in the end, there are also those that are just that 'rumor,' and tend to derail the threads. Until there's a 'link' to verify a circumstance, we ask you do NOT post rumors.

If locals wish to be verified (as local residents with insider information), then we would be able to discuss, unless the information might jeopardize the investigation or case.

Yes, in past threads there had been rumors discussed. Going forward, no rumors. Locals please refrain from posting any insider information unless it can be linked to a valid source, or until you become a verified local member

Clarifying what to do about rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Has anyone read this article? It does make me wonder how accurate some of the articles written are....

Allison Baden-Clay, 43, was last seen a week ago walking along Brookfield Road in Brisbane’s west.

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth, Regional Crime Coordinator for the Metropolitan North Region, called yesterday for people to contact authorities if they had seen the couple's white Toyota 4WD or silver 4WD late Thursday night or early Sunday morning.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...g-mum-clues-20120425-1xk24.html#ixzz243AWng27

Alioop it was probably still being analysed.

Would the GPS show stops and starts or just a round trip?

Yes Poss, that is my point. If they had the gps info then they couldn't have had it prior to Allison being found otherwise they would likely have found her. It may have taken more than a couple of weeks to analyse it. Also I take your point that maybe it doesn't show stops so they only know the round trip which would make it harder to search every location on that trip.

Edit. Though if it showed he went down say Wirraburra road that would be damning evidence as it is entirely possible that is where he dumped her in LUC or its surrounds.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...over-family-cars/story-e6freoof-1226338105411

so they were impounded between 19th April and 25th, thats the best sleuthing I could do!! anyway, that gave them 5 or more days to gather the data from the gps and investigate. I am sure they were searching that area in that time. Given that she could have been hidden well until the big rainfall, I think it is entirely possible

Minni my thoughts are that both cars would have been impounded at the same time the house was declared a crime scene. No one would have been allowed to touch the cars once the detectives arrived on the Friday morning.

Also as soon as they didn't find any evidence in the prado of Allison's body having been in it, they were quick to give it back to GBC, and surely it would have had some extra hidden electronic equipment in it! Does anyone know if he got it back before her body was found? I will see if I can find this out. If so maybe they thought he would lead them to her body.

Just checked and the first MSM reports after it being spotted by one of our sleuthers , is 5 June so maybe not.

Yes, Minnie, I have been tol also that the canoeist was police/ SES and not a random find. IMO

I feel something is a bit off re the speculation about the canoeist. I have wondered why if it was police or SES ( on or off duty) that the QPS didn't say so. It would be good publicity and good for the morale of all the official searchers to acknowledge that a police or SES searcher found the body. They all spent so much time and effort searching.

So maybe it was a private person either doing a personal search or just happened to be there at the right time to find her.

Or maybe there is another reason. Tip off perhaps. I don't know, just thinking of possibilities.

I feel something is a bit off re the speculation about the canoeist. I have wondered why if it was police or SES ( on or off duty) that the QPS didn't say so. It would be good publicity and good for the morale of all the official searchers to acknowledge that a police or SES searcher found the body. They all spent so much time and effort searching.

So maybe it was a private person either doing a personal search or just happened to be there at the right time to find her.

Or maybe there is another reason. Tip off perhaps. I don't know, just thinking of possibilities.

There hasn't been any ' I found Allison's body stories' which is a little strange

There hasn't been any ' I found Allison's body stories' which is a little strange

yes, you would think that story would be going around the traps if a random found her body, I agree.

yes, you would think that story would be going around the traps if a random found her body, I agree.

If the person who found the body was extremely traumatised it could be that counselling was provided and they have been left alone by the media.

If the person who found the body was extremely traumatised it could be that counselling was provided and they have been left alone by the media.

It could also be that they have been told that they are a material witness, and not to say anything to anybody....

Thanks, good point Poss, that was the general feel wasnt it? that the poor person would have had a hard time with their discovery..I remember those discussions and thinking that too. and I remember the reports that a canoeist found her. The media reports seemed to imply that it was someone unknown to them. But media reports are hardly accurate IMO.

If a member of the police found her, I dont think there would be any reason why it would be advertised or reported. so I think its just as likely IMO

I wish wish bloody wish we could get some information about the prosecution and defense's meeting today

Minni my thoughts are that both cars would have been impounded at the same time the house was declared a crime scene. No one would have been allowed to touch the cars once the detectives arrived on the Friday morning.

Also as soon as they didn't find any evidence in the prado of Allison's body having been in it, they were quick to give it back to GBC, and surely it would have had some extra hidden electronic equipment in it! Does anyone know if he got it back before her body was found? I will see if I can find this out. If so maybe they thought he would lead them to her body.

Just checked and the first MSM reports after it being spotted by one of our sleuthers , is 5 June so maybe not.

Hi ali - yes, the Prado was impounded for about six weeks, so they weren't really that quick in getting it back to him. They had it for a while. I just can't rule it out myself, as having some involvement - but I don't have anything to back that up apart from the supposed witness sightings of two cars, the police suspicion reported early on that there may have been an accomplice, and the police interest in the two family cars.

I also agree they would have bugged the Prado for sure - the arrest took place only 10 days or so after he got that car back - wonder if they heard anything of interest.

If the QPS had gps details available from very early days after Allison went missing, then why didn't they find her. If she was on the banks of Kholo or LUC prior to being washed down then surely they would have combed that area and found her.

Apparently Allioop the system with the data on has to be send back to the manufacturers for them to get into the logged data. This is not a matter of days, as I understand, but sometimes a matter of weeks or even months. Especially in a case like this, they would have to be extremely thorough and careful, so that it can withstand being questioned by the defence.

If the QPS had gps details available from very early days after Allison went missing, then why didn't they find her. If she was on the banks of Kholo or LUC prior to being washed down then surely they would have combed that area and found her.

Well up until the very day before she was found it hadn't rained like it had.
Maybe they had checked the area but found nothing, and were still focusing the search on the areas they thought the phone was.

The whole Kholo/Little Ugly Creek area is very dense overgrown weed growth.
It's not your typical natural growth so any searches in the area would have been difficult, and if police pulled people away from the area they had their strongest lead they would have been criticised for not knowing what they were doing.
It's all very easy now in hindsight, but at the time they just have to do what they think is the strongest lead.

That is exactly what I was thinking as well.
The police get enough flake from being lazy and useless, so if one of their own found the body I would have thought they would be saying they found her. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member