TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to say a big thankyou to every single on of the searchers that will be out there. It takes a very special kind of person to be willing to search for someone, despite what they may find. :(

Something seriously going on in Tennessee. Erika Sharpton (deceased). LE says they're close to making an arrest but that was 9 days ago.

One attempted kidnapping back in April http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...nd-tied-up-in-her-car-in-attempted-kidnapping

August 8th. another attempted kidnapping of a 16 year old.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/19229124/attempted-kidnapping-murfreesboro

Another missing 25 year old (one of our fellow members will be starting a thread for her) https://www.facebook.com/gilmersheriff

Do we have a serial rapist/murderer on the loose?

Something seriously going on in Tennessee. Erika Sharpton (deceased). LE says they're close to making an arrest but that was 9 days ago.

One attempted kidnapping back in April http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...nd-tied-up-in-her-car-in-attempted-kidnapping

Another missing 25 year old (one of our fellow members will be starting a thread for her) https://www.facebook.com/gilmersheriff

Criminologists & the FBI estimate that there are between 35 & 100 active serial killers in the US at any given time. Imo, this number is very conservative due to many factors. Many sexual predators are forensically aware and know that if they allow their victim/s to live, or their remains to be found. Convictions are easily obtained.

TN & many other states in the US has an epidemic of missing/murdered persons cold cases. IMO, most abductions are directly or indirectly related to the drug epidemic, primarily meth.

TN, leads the nation in illegal meth labs. In the Holly Bobo search, it was estimated as many as 100 illegal meth labs were located.

Here are a few links and many more are available with a google search:

Tennessee leads nation in meth lab crime - Boston.comarticles.boston.com/.../29334974_1_ ...

http://articles.boston.com/2011-03-02/news/29 ...

Mar 2, 2011 – Tennessee had 2082 meth lab incidents in 2010, the state's meth task force director, Tom Farmer, said yesterday. That tops Missouri's total of ...

Middle Tennessee Police Profiting Off Drug Trade?

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14643085/po ...

i agree with you that it's probably not random. in order for a random scenario to work, a kidnapper hunter would have had to just happen to walk by in the woods as she was walking out of her house and think to himself "hey i should abduct that girl" and then immediately run out of the woods and grab her. it's not like she was hanging out by her car.

it makes way more sense to me that this person was someone she at least knew a little bit. id guess the person was waiting for her, walked out of the woods and probably called her name. she was probably confused as to what the person was doing there, but didn't panic until he grabbed her or maybe even said something. she screams, he hits her, maybe threatens her or her family, and then whatever he does/says is enough to convince her to follow him to the woods. as others have stated, he likely was unaware that her brother was home and probably thought he'd have hours before anyone noticed her missing. the fact that he still didn't get caught says he was either a) really lucky or b) a guy who really planned this ahead of time.

If she wasen't being dragged and just walking with him I think the ? is, who would Holly walk with into the woods without a struggle? And for what reason? I can't see her just walking with someone that she thought was going to hurt her. That is if she was just walking not being drug like was orginally stated by Clint the only witness. I wonder if it would be of any help if Clint was hypnotized to see if he could recall maybe the conversation he heard or if he could remember anything else about the perp? That part about her being drug thru the yard I believe is true (excited utterance) but for some reason LE changed it to walking. But why?

If she wasen't being dragged and just walking with him I think the ? is, who would Holly walk with into the woods without a struggle? And for what reason? I can't see her just walking with someone that she thought was going to hurt her. That is if she was just walking not being drug like was orginally stated by Clint the only witness. I wonder if it would be of any help if Clint was hypnotized to see if he could recall maybe the conversation he heard or if he could remember anything else about the perp? That part about her being drug thru the yard I believe is true (excited utterance) but for some reason LE changed it to walking. But why?
LE blamed the mix-up on Clint.

And someone who has already been bloodied might be fairly easy to control

I agree, wfgodot, the blood is a very good indication that a fight or scuffle had taken place and compliance gained by the abductor.

'Victim compliance; 1st rule of prey for an experienced sexual predator/serial killer'..
Holly Bobo, was in fear of her life and possibly Clint's life, imo.. There is precedent where the predator warned the victim that if they alerted others, they would be murdered.. Even when a victim may not fear for their own lives, they do have empathy for others. Especially if it is a family member..

RE: LE blamed the mix-up on Clint.

wfgodot, LE/TBI had 4 different PIOs. Each told a different story with various adjectives and descriptions of the events of 04/13/2011..

If the 4 LE spokespersons had been posting on this websleuths thread.. Then they would have all received time outs, imo..

BBM-I really hope this doesn't turn out badly, as I do all the cases, but clicking through on photos you find a picture of this young lady with a beautiful little girl. I presume it's her daughter and she looks about 3 to me. All these cases at some point make me tear up, but this one did right away when I saw the little girl. The cases that have little children involved in some way really gets me.

I really wonder about a serial rapist/murder, but it's a very valid question IMO. As was noted in Holly's case there sure seem to be a lot of missing women cases in Tennesse that are unsolved and appear to be cold for a very long time. JMO

Sex was not a primary component in the abduction.

This was not the work of a sexual predator, local or out-of-town.

And this was not a kidnapping for the purpose of keeping Holly hostage for sexual purposes somewhere in the area.

This especially was not the work of a kidnapper bound to sell his victim into "white slavery," or whatever.

There is no indication that any of the above was the reason for the abduction.

It's considered as such because Holly was a pretty young woman, and only for that reason.

And this was not a kidnapping for the purpose of keeping Holly hostage for sexual purposes somewhere in the area.

This especially was not the work of a kidnapper bound to sell his victim into "white slavery," or whatever.

It's considered as such because Holly was a pretty young woman, and only for that reason.

I see it as a sex crime. I feel Holly was kidnapped, sexually assaulted, killed and then dumped somewhere. Sad but true. Its how all these crimes end so I see no reason that this one will not follow the pattern. That was my initial impression over a year ago and that has not changed one bit since then.

TBI spokeswoman Helm confirms TBI does not collect missing persons statistics in the state of Tennessee

http://www.examiner.com/article/hol...-knows-something?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next

Holly Bobo Abduction: 1-month wrap-up; ‘Someone knows something’

Several questions sent to TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm May 9, 2011 were unable to be answered; Helm said in an email: “I’m not going to be able to confirm any of the questions you sent me over the weekend at this time – as we aren’t releasing specific details of our investigation or anything about potential persons of interest. There are no volunteer search efforts scheduled at this time. We still have agents who are working leads daily.”

On May 11 was asked if there were any future searches planned, and to discuss a search said to have taken place at a quarry over the weekend, Helm said, “We have nothing new to release to the media at this time. There are no future searches planned as of today and there was not a search at a quarry over the weekend.”

A thought occurred to me that if a/the perp was there with Holly for 20 minutes before taking her, more than likely, it was someone she knew and was arguing with. It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her. IMO, this was a culmination of an ongoing conflict with someone.

wfgodot, I can't remember where a victim was abducted because they were a pretty young woman, without sex being the primary motive. Am I misinterpreting your comment?
What do you think the motive for Holly's abduction was?

A thought occurred to me that if a/the perp was there with Holly for 20 minutes before taking her, more than likely, it was someone she knew and was arguing with. It would be a really bad perp that argued with Holly for 20 minutes about kidnapping her, a stranger who had planned this crime would most likely be in a hurry to nab her. IMO, this was a culmination of an ongoing conflict with someone.

i don't think that he was arguing with her for twenty minutes, it's simply that there was a twenty minute window between the last time someone spoke with her and the point at which law enforcement arrived. the perp only had twenty minutes total. i'd assume he was only at the car with her for five minutes or so.

wfgodot, I can't remember where a victim was abducted because they were a pretty young woman, without sex being the primary motive. Am I misinterpreting your comment?
What do you think the motive for Holly's abduction was?

agreed. i don't see what other motive there would be based on what we know. she wasn't into any type of questionable lifestyle so the simplest explanation is unrequited infatuation. i think this whole case hinges on the perp thinking he had hours before anyone would realize she's gone but le being on the scene within twenty minutes. i think the focus should be on "how would your m.o. change in that situation if you were the bad guy?" -- you'd go from thinking you had all the time in the world (talking to her at her car, coercing her to follow you) to suddenly realizing you're somewhat trapped. that's wholly why i think the perp intended to take her off site. if he had intended to harm her in the woods he would have been caught. i think he lucked out that whatever he had planned worked even though the police were onto him quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member