Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered about the diary for some time. If it was a personal diary where she expressed her feelings, as opposed to my diary where I just keep appointments and notes of things to remember, would he have not wanted it found if he is responsible for her death. It could have lots of info in it about previous violence for example.

Maybe he couldn't find it, or in his panic didn't think of it. If he had time to dispose of the phone he could have disposed of the diary.

Unless it was labelled as TM's house how do we really know it was her house? Who's writing labelling the house, rooms, bedrooms or kitchen? If it wasn't labelled it would have been GBC's say so only and we can really believe him eh? Hopefully the police compared the map & the house. The diary could be Allison's work diary so being in real estate it could be any house for sale or rent. Many real estate agents take extensive notes for the appraisal and adverts. I would like to know date/page this mud map was entered because if it was of TM's house then that should give an indication of when the problems did escalate. Just kicking some thoughts around 'cause this map is a problem to me if it is TM's.

Gerard Baden-Clay denied bail as potential flight risk after Supreme Court hears police case Couriermail dated June 22, 2012
He was a flight risk then and he is a flight risk NOW.
a person could be kept in custody for up to three years without having been convicted of committing an offence

Just a few more sleeps and hopefully we will hear and know more. COUNTING DOWN

I have wondered about the diary for some time. If it was a personal diary where she expressed her feelings, as opposed to my diary where I just keep appointments and notes of things to remember, would he have not wanted it found if he is responsible for her death. It could have lots of info in it about previous violence for example.

Maybe he couldn't find it, or in his panic didn't think of it. If he had time to dispose of the phone he could have disposed of the diary.

I don't think he would have given the diary a second thought. Because he is GBC, and bet he didn't think he would ever get caught. JMO.

Can forensics tell where the location of the facetime call was made. At the house, in the bush, from the office, TM's house. Ahhh so many questions....COUNTING DOWN

I don't think he would have given the diary a second thought. Because he is GBC, and bet he didn't think he would ever get caught. JMO.

It was perhaps one of those things he thought he would get to later, not anticipating how quickly the police would take action, boot him out of the house etc.

I wonder if anything on his phone (location services or something) puts him near Kholo Creek bridge in the days or weeks before Allison was murdered? Even if he had been in the area in the past, to attempt to park a car there at night would be really difficult with long grass everywhere etc you wouldn't know where the ground suddenly dropped off etc. and he was in the captiva which I don't think is a 4wd? Reckon he would have previously scoped out a place to park and dump the body. iMO

If it was an accident and provoked you would imagine one would call the police rather than dispose of the body. If I were on a jury,this would be the nail in his coffin.

I can understand Big T asking me to look at it from a different perspective and I thank him/her For taking the time to respond to my post.
I believe there is a big difference between serious life saving self defense and just having a bad reaction to what someone may have said, what you have seen etc. I too would hope that if a situation had got out of hand and I had accidentally killed someone, that I would call 000. If not then the next day. Conscious would make me do it. Not admitting what happened likely shows guilt and intention IMO
I am with curious at on this one.

I wonder if anything on his phone (location services or something) puts him near Kholo Creek bridge in the days or weeks before Allison was murdered? Even if he had been in the area in the past, to attempt to park a car there at night would be really difficult with long grass everywhere etc you wouldn't know where the ground suddenly dropped off etc. and he was in the captiva which I don't think is a 4wd? Reckon he would have previously scoped out a place to park and dump the body. iMO

FIrst, even if the phone's location services showed it had been to Kholo Creek bridge, it is up to the prosecution to show beyond reasonable doubt that it was actually GBC who had it. The location services would only show that the phone had been there, not GBC.

Second, parking in that little parking area near the bridge - which has since been cleared - would still have been relatively easy. And I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the Captiva was a CX model, which IS a 4WD (actually an active All-Wheel Drive). But you could park there even in a 2WD car with no problem.

The spots with potential as having been possible dumping spots have been discussed on here at great length. My favourite is still in that little parking area, reversing up to the little fence or just beyond it where the fence stops, and push the body out of the back of the vehicle down the steep bank of the terminal portion of Little Ugly Creek. From there, she could easily have washed out into Kholo Creek, swirled around on the eddy currents, and "hung up" on the bank where she was found as the flood surge receded. Any further up Little Ugly Creek or Kholo Creek and there are far too many obstacles for my money - fallen trees, big boulders, and bends.

And of course, GBC almost certainly knew that whole area very well from his scouting activities.

OK - I'll get back in my box again now :) Nothing much to post due to lack of any new information.

I like to think that gbc was unaware of the existence of the diary until the bail hearing . What diary ? Gulp !

FIrst, even if the phone's location services showed it had been to Kholo Creek bridge, it is up to the prosecution to show beyond reasonable doubt that it was actually GBC who had it. The location services would only show that the phone had been there, not GBC.

Second, parking in that little parking area near the bridge - which has since been cleared - would still have been relatively easy. And I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the Captiva was a CX model, which IS a 4WD (actually an active All-Wheel Drive). But you could park there even in a 2WD car with no problem.

The spots with potential as having been possible dumping spots have been discussed on here at great length. My favourite is still in that little parking area, reversing up to the little fence or just beyond it where the fence stops, and push the body out of the back of the vehicle down the steep bank of the terminal portion of Little Ugly Creek. From there, she could easily have washed out into Kholo Creek, swirled around on the eddy currents, and "hung up" on the bank where she was found as the flood surge receded. Any further up Little Ugly Creek or Kholo Creek and there are far too many obstacles for my money - fallen trees, big boulders, and bends.

And of course, GBC almost certainly knew that whole area very well from his scouting activities.

OK - I'll get back in my box again now :) Nothing much to post due to lack of any new information.

Were just some thoughts Doc. I've been here since the second thread so am aware that there are many points of view about where she may have been left.

Were just some thoughts Doc. I've been here since the second thread so am aware that there are many points of view about where she may have been left.

Sorry LP - wasn't having a go at you or anyone else. Just making a couple of points in relation to the location services on his phone, and the ease of parking in an area that I happen to know fairly well, as I have been driving past there for many years. Apologies if you thought I was having a dig - none intended.

OK - NOW it's back in my box.... ;)

It was perhaps one of those things he thought he would get to later, not anticipating how quickly the police would take action, boot him out of the house etc.

I like to think that gbc was unaware of the existence of the diary until the bail hearing . What diary ? Gulp !

Didn't he allegedly draw the map, so he must have knew about the diary... the why draw the map? & why leave it for the Police to find? is another odity of this case that leaves me flummoxed.

Dr W, I agree about your likely drop spot, looked at it today & thinking about how overgrown that used to be, I think that would have had good cover. I can't think of another spot close by that easily leads to the river, with such good coverage.

I'm sure I read earlier that the houseplan was on a loose piece of paper inserted into her diary . It is possible he did not know of the existence of that diary . Why it was there I can't work out either .

And I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the Captiva was a CX model, which IS a 4WD (actually an active All-Wheel Drive). But you could park there even in a 2WD car with no problem.

Doc, I think the BC's captiva is a SX model ( the base model in the series 11) as it doesn't have a roof rack and has the SX style cloth seating. The CX has a roof rack and different style cloth seating. The SX model is 2WD but I don't think that makes any difference in your theory that Allison could have been dumped from the drop off places in the Kholo Bridge grass area.

I feel that the night's events were as a result of a horrible argument gone wrong, however I do believe that GBC was planning to 'get rid' of Allison - just later down the track. So LollyPop, your thoughts about whether he could be traced back to being in the area prior to that terrible night are very interesting. As you said, maybe he had explored the area days or weeks before.

I also agree with you about the Crossing and I have my doubts that this would have been a place that GBC checked out to dispose of Allison's body or chose as the drop off point on the actual night. It would have been a massive risk to attempt to park a car in the long, bushy grass at night - not knowing if the ground would drop or if there were any obstacles hidden in front of him. It can also be quite a boggy area - from first hand experience! IMO if GBC explored places prior, they would have been areas that were more hidden, such as up Ugly Creek a bit, off Wirrabarra Rd. This is also where I feel he took her on that awful night.

My sister has a CX diesel Captiva and it's a 4WD (all wheel drive I think) but it's not a very high 4WD. I couldn't see my Brother-in-Law confidently driving it through long grass, near banks and creeks in the dark. Then again, maybe GBC was really stupid and loved a risk.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts LollyPop. It's interesting to hear everyone's ideas and opinions :) Can't wait for some new info too - it's been a long time waiting.

Can forensics tell where the location of the facetime call was made. At the house, in the bush, from the office, TM's house. Ahhh so many questions....COUNTING DOWN

I don't know the answer to this, but as I understand, FaceTime needs WiFi access. So it is unlikely the FaceTime call was made from the bush.

As it is an IP based system, I am guessing there would be a way to trace the call back to a location by establishing the IP address used and to whom it was assigned by the ISP.

Doc, I think the BC's captiva is a SX model ( the base model in the series 11) as it doesn't have a roof rack and has the SX style cloth seating. The CX has a roof rack and different style cloth seating. The SX model is 2WD but I don't think that makes any difference in your theory that Allison could have been dumped from the drop off places in the Kholo Bridge grass area.

I'm not sure if the grass in these areas were dry around that time because there could be a risk of the after burner catalytic converter causing a grass fire. This has happened to me when I drove through long grass, smoke billowed from under my car. The after burner catalytic converter gets extremely hot.

COUNTING DOWN

I apologize mods if this is off topic but I just had to show you guys this.
A young mum went missing two years ago in Alberta Canada.
The police released audio of a phone call that this young lady had whilst in the car of an unknown person.
What blows me away is, how do they possibly get a copy of the phone call? The police are not answering any questions on how they obtained this call.
It is worth a listen, it`s chilling.
Why I am adding it here is, I know many will find it as fascinating as I did.Showing how technology can help in crimes. Would love to hear the facetime conversation with NBC and GBC. Can anyone shed any light on how this is obtained?

http://www.albertapolicereport.com/...n-of-interest-in-tuccaro-missing-person-case/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong