Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we run a poll on Guilty/Not Guilty/Undecided or should we wait until after closing arguments?

I think we ought to wait until after closing arguments. Those arguments wrap everything up with the finishing touches, whether true or not, and the complete picture is given to be decided upon by the jurors and of course us.

I can't wait for closing arguments and verdict watch. That said, I think DP got a much more fair trial than Kathleen Savio because of true information not allowed by this judge.

Just gotta hope and pray for justice for Kathleen and her family!

:please:

BBM
I can't wait but my stomach can.

Does jury not have to report today since they are just working on charges and instructions?

I meant what "we" believe not the jury. I suppose a second poll can be started for what we think the jury will vote.

Personally, closing arguments wouldn't change my opinion. Closing is not fact based and the defense can throw all kinds of BS to see what sticks.

Or do a pre-closings poll and and after-closings poll - that would show if the closings changed any minds.

I was just thinking and this might have been discussed before. I have missed some info from the very beginning. If he drowned her in the toilet, could the toilet seat have been in the up position, and then if she turned her head slightly while struggling, he brought that seat down on her head to quiet her, therefore causing the cut in her head?

I just realized court is only at 11:15 Eastern so we still have another hour to go.

Make that 2 hours based on this Judge's track record. lol

I'm thinking the jury must be staring at their closets wondering what to wear today. lol

Can someone please find the image depicting the location of Kathleen's injuries? I recall seeing it, but can't find it.

tia

I was just thinking and this might have been discussed before. I have missed some info from the very beginning. If he drowned her in the toilet, could the toilet seat have been in the up position, and then if she turned her head slightly while struggling, he brought that seat down on her head to quiet her, therefore causing the cut in her head?

Makes sense because original ME said something with "an edge" caused the laceration.

:rocker::rocker::rocker: I see that the bruises on her clavicles were from a toilet with a seat up to get her head in more, so this fits! Never thought of this before, but yes, it fits. Still wondering about the two bruises on the shin. Thinkink baton to keep her from thrashing legs, or perhaps pushed hard facing the bed and against the beframe. It has been mentioned on thread that it might be from the bowl of the toilet, but it appears mid shin versus upper shin. Wish we knew exactly how many inches off the floor those symetrical shin bruises were and what was found that matched up with that. I would assume investigators researched that for the Soffice as we know police did not early on.

The thought of DP sitting there - knowing how this murder really was done - and laughing to himself whether the testimony is far fetched or near the truth - makes me even madder. He didn't perform the perfect murder, he made mistakes - being caught by Stacy doing laundry, calling the minister right after Stacy's visit, the towel - on and on. I want him found guilty and I so wish there could be a camera there for all of us to see his face. Even with appeals, he will be locked up for more years keeping perhaps another family safe from going through what Kathleen and Stacy's families have gone through. Thin blue line be damned, these cops know he should not be let go to kill even again. Oh for a Perry Mason event at these last few minutes that seals his fate...

ACandyRose --- Shout out to you and your website that we refernce and so so much depend on for so many cases.

Thank you for all that you do!

WOW, you're pretty dang good at STATS !!! Wonderful job, thank you!

I made .PDF files on each of the witnesses testimony based on the "In Session" updates. I spaced the text out though for easier reading.

I have them all here on this webpage, where I also made "notations" on the right hand column. I'm not sure if you already did it but if you want to add to your STATS collection, I have notations on when the Defense screamed discovery violations, or when they wanted the judge to strike all testimony of a witness, plus who witnessed the "blue" towel, who didn't see it, who didn't see a wine glass, who said they did.

Drew Peterson Trial "Notes"
http://www.acandyrose.com/drew_peterson_transcripts.htm

I'm still working on trying to highlight individual quotes or comments per witness, but that's a work in progress.

Did you also keep tally of what the jury was wearing each day?

Thanks again !

BTW, I did notice that Justice Café did give you credit for your hard work. :)

Praying BIG TIME for Justice for Kathleen and Stacy !

ACR

I'm very worried at this Judge wording for the instructions to the Jury!

trial but that wasn't enough for the jury. Remember Nicole's voice ringing out in the courtroom to 911 in a terrified frail voice "He is going to kill me"...but he walked....
In this case, we have threats, damning testimony (hitman, lawyer, pastor, friends) but no physical evidence.
Is there reasonable doubt that this wasn't an accident?
Is there reasonable doubt that Drew didn't do it?

I don't know what this jury is going to think. He may very well walk. I hate to say it.....I hope that I am wrong.

trial but that wasn't enough for the jury. Remember Nicole's voice ringing out in the courtroom to 911 in a terrified frail voice "He is going to kill me"...but he walked....
In this case, we have threats, damning testimony (hitman, lawyer, pastor, friends) but no physical evidence.
Is there reasonable doubt that this wasn't an accident?
Is there reasonable doubt that Drew didn't do it?

I don't know what this jury is going to think. He may very well walk. I hate to say it.....I hope that I am wrong.

Those are all good questions. I've been trying to view this trial in an unbiased manner and put aside alot of what I have heard and seen and just rely on the testimony. I'm waiting until after closings before I completely decide on guilty or NG. But, beyond a reasonable doubt and TO A MORAL CERTAINTY are for me a high bar to jump.

As it stands right now I have a lot of questions regarding the testimony of the pastor which is basically suppossed to be the voice of SP. As for the experts and their theories, well thats just what it is to me. I don't find either side more convincing than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88