TX - 21 arrests in gang rapes of 11yo girl, Cleveland, 2010

They will have to find him first.

Sadly that might be hard. He's got a surprising amount of community support, and he doesn't look unusual. He could just slink off and live free for a very long time, IMHO.

Sadly that might be hard. He's got a surprising amount of community support, and he doesn't look unusual. He could just slink off and live free for a very long time, IMHO.

But the case seem to be getting a lot of publicity.

L-o-n-g and interesting GQ article about the case, by Kathy Dobie, well worth a read:

The Girl from Trails End

the rest at link above

Disturbing case.

The most confused of all were the young people of Cleveland, the vast majority of whom sided with the boys and men and blamed Regina. The peer pressure to take sides—if you can even call it that, for at times it seemed like a mob versus one girl, all alone—was immense. Even the kind ones, the ones who called themselves her friends, had decided against her.

I have seen that kind of mentality before. Often in small town. Such parochial and small mindedness. Reminds me of Penn State with Jerry Sandusky or 1989 Glen Ridge Rape Case.

Good. Perhaps he can be Jerry Sandusky's cell mate. :crazy: :floorlaugh:

Good. Perhaps he can be Jerry Sandusky's cell mate. :crazy: :floorlaugh:

They will have to find him before he becomes anyone's cell mate. We got people facing some serious time in prison out on a small bail.
And that's the result. I only hope that the rest of them aren't going to take off.

Another article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48872000/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

It amazes me that folks would blame this child. I want to know who in Hades told these young men that acting in such a manner would make them "bigger men." WTH - WHY didn't these guys understand what they were doing, or if they did understand, why didn't they care? It is mind boggling to me that a group of 20 some men could act in such a manner. Just mind boggling. I hope I never, ever meet such "men" in my life. It is disgusting.

The article talks about teaching the girls in the community self-respect. Well where the heck is the class teaching these boys self-respect? I think they need it more than the girls, honestly! I am so mad, I could spit nails.

Sorry for the rant,

Salem

Another article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48872000/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

It amazes me that folks would blame this child. I want to know who in Hades told these young men that acting in such a manner would make them "bigger men." WTH - WHY didn't these guys understand what they were doing, or if they did understand, why didn't they care? It is mind boggling to me that a group of 20 some men could act in such a manner. Just mind boggling. I hope I never, ever meet such "men" in my life. It is disgusting.

The article talks about teaching the girls in the community self-respect. Well where the heck is the class teaching these boys self-respect? I think they need it more than the girls, honestly! I am so mad, I could spit nails.

Sorry for the rant,

Salem

As far as I'm concerned there is no apology needed.

These heinous acts occurred on more than one occasion; those responsible knew what they were doing and to whom. I am also disgusted by the reactions of the parents and others defending the SO/Perps. They all had better be charged as "RSO" when this is finished too. People need to realize that they are accountable for their actions. I am sick and tired of the excuses, slaps on the hands,and boys will be boys mentality - this is very disturbing and perverse.

07-24-12 Wanted Suspect - Agg. Assault / Deadly Weapon - Ref - 1 of 12 suspects from Cleveland Sexual Assault case 2011
Liberty County Sheriff’s Office is actively searching for Mr. Ellis, Rayford Tyrone Jr (06/14/1991) for the Felony 2 offense of Aggravated Assault-Deadly Weapon.

From Liberty County Sheriff office:
http://libertytxsheriff.com/RecentE...saultDeadlyWeapon-Ref-1of12suspectsfromC.aspx

I am trying to access the jail bookings to see if he has been captured. This "may" make the total of two missing fugitives in the rape case .... note this notice from the sheriff's website is dated 7-24-12

"Snipped"
McGowen disappeared from the courthouse after a tearful testimony from the now 13-year-old victim. Her testimony included the showing of a graphic video of one of the assaults. During her one-hour testimony, the victim told the court that she met the suspects on the street and at high school football games. She told the court about two incidents in the fall of 2010 when she was sexually assualted by McGowen and the other suspects at two houses and an abandoned trailer while people took videos of the assaults. She also testified that McGowen assualted her with a beer bottle during the attack.
(there are more sickening/pathetic IMO details at this link)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-de...e-found-guilty/story?id=17114495#.UEQwBaA2b-0

What a strong girl to testify... and she has to testify soo many more times... may strength and god be with her

o/t: Liberty County Jail - Cleveland, TX is in this county ...
:what:
Prisoners At Liberty County Jail In Texas Had Access To Cable *advertiser censored* For Months, Probe Reveals:
ttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/01/texas-prisoners-*advertiser censored*-cable-liberty-county_n_1314923.html

interesting comments following this article - Article Published March, 2012

07-24-12 Wanted Suspect - Agg. Assault / Deadly Weapon - Ref - 1 of 12 suspects from Cleveland Sexual Assault case 2011
Liberty County Sheriff’s Office is actively searching for Mr. Ellis, Rayford Tyrone Jr (06/14/1991) for the Felony 2 offense of Aggravated Assault-Deadly Weapon.

From Liberty County Sheriff office:
http://libertytxsheriff.com/RecentE...saultDeadlyWeapon-Ref-1of12suspectsfromC.aspx

I am trying to access the jail bookings to see if he has been captured. This "may" make the total of two missing fugitives in the rape case .... note this notice from the sheriff's website is dated 7-24-12

Custody Status: In Custody
Offender ID: 12080623071783
https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteID=44900

I can't access it, but I'm hoping this is the guy sentenced to 99 years in absentia.

HI SD. I cannot access either but I believe the post is in reference to Mr. Ellis, Rayford Tyrone Jr .
Eric McGowen is the one that fled during the break in proceedings and was sentenced to 99 years and he has not been captured yet AFAIK.

I was in Cleveland yesterday. It's a town that's seen better times - <modsnip>. I don't know exactly what I expected to see - but I didn't see any "wanted" type posters that might help with finding this guy. We were having car trouble so we had to stop there and there was no evidence I could see that this convicted felon was missing, or that this horrible incident had happened. This is nice, though - a local church is offering a program to encourage girls to respect themselves. Every cloud has a silver lining, I guess.

http://m.lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2012-09-01/some-texas-town-still-disagree-over-sex-assault

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back