SIDEBAR to the Drew Peterson trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Drew said the 25k was taken from the safe but will find source. (i think Drew later changed this story)

IIRC Drew offered 25k for safe return of Stacy.

Stacy threads
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133"]Stacy Peterson - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I would have loved to have heard the interview with Jack Ruby. :rocker:

There is somewhere. they are archived, but I don't know where. I don't have working computer speakers so am unable to listen.

My suggestion would be to send Kimster a message, pm or visitor, asking where to find the link to the archived radio shows.

hth

Attorney Smith who was called by the defense couldn't say on the stand that DP's fourth wife told him DP told her he killed Kathleen.

Except Smith did get it in during testimony that Stacey told him (Smith) DP killed Kathleen. The part he didn't say is that "DP told Stacey that he killed Kathleen" as that would be double hearsay since DP didn't take the stand, and DP certainly wouldn't admit such a thing even if he had. Stacey of course couldn't say how she knew this info because she is dead and stuffed into a barrel at the bottom of some body of water.

I think this totally hinges on what DP's cousin has to say and whether LE believes his account at all. We shall see.

I don't believe heresay evidence, alone, would be enough to charge someone with murder. I have never seen any no body murder charge without somekind of forensic evidence. If anyone decided to read through the cases, or do a basic reading, they'll find the one thing in common for succesful no body murder convictions is that forensic evidence which clearly proves a person death even though the body was hidden well.

I don't think LE has any forensic evidence in Stacy's case. At least none that they have revealed and certainly not enough to prove she is deceased even if her body has not been found. If they had it, they would not wait to see if he is convicted in Kathleens case or not, to charge him with a seperate murder.

When has charging anyone in one case been contingent upon the outcome of another case?

Found a video of the summary of Jeanine Pirro how she thinks Kathleen was killed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbsPB7kRbtY&feature=colike"]Judge Jeanine Summation Justice with Judge Jeanine 9/1/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Jennie Pirro on air now at Foxnews with Harry Smith discussing evidence not heard at trial.

9:05PM

No tv here. If there is a transcript for this show I would love to read it when it's available online, if anyone can find it.

tia!

Joel Brodsky was posting on a forum some time ago and was asked:

Where did Stacy get the $25,000 she supposedly left with? Was it kept as cash in the home, and if so, why so much money kept at home, or did she make a bank withdrawal prior to her leaving?

Answer:
The whole thing about the $25,000 in cash (and bikini) was what Pam Bosco said Drew told Cassandra on the evening of Oct 28. Drew has not publically said that this is was part of the Oct. 28 phonecall from Stacy. However, in resonse I will say that Drew is very sharp when it comes to money, and he would not keep alot of cash sitting around the house when it could be in the bank or mutual fund earning interest. When the police searched the house they did not find any large (or even small) sum of cash, and when I had to bail Drew out this week,his son Stephen had to go to the bank to cash Drew's check to get the $7500 in cash needed to post paid. That doesn't sound like someone who keeps stack of cash around the house, does it?

That was private forum and since no link guess it must be considered rumor unless 'saved to my hard drive' counts.

*still looking online*

I thought DP might have raped her, too; when he decided to kill her, I am convinced he taunted her and got everything he could to satisfy his need for control, I think he is ruthless. I think he did it all at gun point. He already had his dress-rehearsal with the knife.

Had it been investigated as a possible homicide, a rape kit would have been required. As it happened, every single thing was lost. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced he orchestrated not only the killing but the so-called "investigation"; I don't know how...but I think he did. It all fit together just too much in his favor IMO.

bbm

I've thought it too, C'Pants -- The investigators came & went in, what??, 2--3 hours. The only one of the investigators that called it a "homicide" was not on the er, um, ah, "case" (that's too dignified a word to use for whatever that song & dance was that was done at KP's house after her battered body was found) after that night, IIRC. No crime scene tape, no restricted access to the house -- not even for 24 hours. I have NEVER seen that before -- never. DP's being involved in it or advising in or around it makes the whole thing much more believable & logical. <shaking my head> A travesty showing disrespect for life, for the People of the State of Illinois, for the families, etc., etc. etc.

To serve & protect. GMAB.
icon8.gif

pardon the mini-rant

I don't believe heresay evidence, alone, would be enough to charge someone with murder. I have never seen any no body murder charge without somekind of forensic evidence. If anyone decided to read through the cases, or do a basic reading, they'll find the one thing in common for succesful no body murder convictions is that forensic evidence which clearly proves a person death even though the body was hidden well.

I don't think LE has any forensic evidence in Stacy's case. At least none that they have revealed and certainly not enough to prove she is deceased even if her body has not been found. If they had it, they would not wait to see if he is convicted in Kathleens case or not, to charge him with a seperate murder.

When has charging anyone in one case been contingent upon the outcome of another case?

Well, here we are. Hearsay evidence is all that is powering this case.
We shall see.:seeya:

Yeah you're kinda left with hearsay when the defendant manages to kill the witnesses long before they can testify. Terribly inconvenient, isn't it?

I wish Glasgow and company would use Judge Jeanine's words in their closing arguments. Powerful words, and she ties it all nicely together for the jury. I would imagine though, that "Objection" would be heard over and over though. Too bad. Poor Kathleen.

about the pattern from the tile grout on Kathleen's body? I don't recall EVER reading that.
Also, why did Judge Burmilla not permit that Drew's sleeves were wet be included? It doesn't make any sense.......that was pertinent.

I wish Glasgow and company would use Judge Jeanine's words in their closing arguments. Powerful words, and she ties it all nicely together for the jury. I would imagine though, that "Objection" would be heard over and over though. Too bad. Poor Kathleen.

I just want to tell all you who do the amazing work on this thread, Thank you! Thank you so much.

I have been watching this case since the beginning (Stacy's too) and hope to see Drew in prison the rest of his life.

I don't post often because of a stroke I had last year and the fingers don't want to work. Unfortunately, I have been in the hospital again since Thursday with another stroke and pneumonia.

Keep me posted my friends! I wanna see this man in :jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

So sorry to hear your back in Sooner. Take Care of yourself. We will be right here waiting for you :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23