Sidebar Discussion #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart really goes out to. It's hard enough being a single parent and needing that job and some things can very easily bowl you over. Do ask for help at school. I bet there will students that will give you a hand.

Not to make light of your worries and hope I can bring a smile. My husband would go on fishing trips twice a year with my dad and brother.

We had never been apart till then and it was hard being alone without him. He'd walk down to the marina and call me each evening (taking much joking by my dad about it) and I'd count the days till he was back.

On the fifth evening (with two more to go) he called, we talked, and he went on to bed. I put the kids to bed and went to bed later. I woke up at three in the morning to the smell of smoke and flames. Our waterbed was on fire. I jumped out of bed screaming and luckily put it out quick. We had smoke detectors and they would only go off if I was cooking, but they didn't that night. I didn't sleep until he got back home on Sunday evening. I did call our insurance company to file a claim, told them what happened, was told to hold on and they never came back to the phone.

Something would happen every time. My dad told my husband, one year, to have all the utilities turned off till he got back since several were related to them. I had to deliver a baby one time and thought I'd made it the next trip until I broke my little toe as he was packing that night to leave. Then the next trip as I was watching my dad, brother and husband drive around the corner, our daughter came and found me. She was burning up and we went to the Dr. the next morning. She had pneumonia. My husband said it was like Rosanne Roseannadanna said "Well it just goes to show you, it's always something".

You're not alone if you have us with you. Thinking and saying good thoughts do work. We'll all put our collective thoughts together and get you through this.
Oh my! It is always something, isn't it?
I will be fine, I will be fine, I will be fine. There...all better!

Which is totally ridiculous! Had she not murdered Caylee no one would have heard about a ZG.
I'm mad about something else :)floorlaugh:) which in turn make's me even madder about this cuz FCA is the luckest person I've ever seen and it wont surprise me if she gets away with this bs too.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Not bring up the criminal case? Am I missing something? Like logic?

I think the support bandage is an excellent idea!!!
Thanks, LG!
Where's Baez's mess of a book these days?
And don't forget the stool - you might not feel comfortable teaching from a regular chair but a higher stool (like a bar stool - not that I know anything about bar stools of course!) where you could sort of "cheek rest" and still be your normal height might be helpful.

Last time I looked he was at about 15K - selling an average of 4 books a day - don't understand - I guess they start the counter all over again at the start of a new month. Barnes and noble have held him pretty steady at 18K. Bah!

And don't forget the stool - you might not feel comfortable teaching from a regular chair but a higher stool (like a bar stool - not that I know anything about bar stools of course!) where you could sort of "cheek rest" and still be your normal height might be helpful.

Last time I looked he was at about 15K - selling an average of 4 books a day - don't understand - I guess they start the counter all over again at the start of a new month. Barnes and noble have held him pretty steady at 18K. Bah!
I'm having a hard time believing that there are 4 people out there who would willingly subject themselves to that cr*p.

So this is the Sidebar, right? And we can kinda go OT?
I'm sitting here when I should be in bed...but I can't shake the news I got today. I know it's probably nothing...but when you're a single parent it gets real scary 'cause you think all kinds of things...but the fear is gripping my heart. My dermatologist told me that I have a melanoma on my leg. She said it's "early", but just the sound of the word shakes me. I'm scared folks. I've had other skin cancer (1,2,3 and it was gone), but melanoma can be so bad. I'm so afraid. :(

I am so sorry. These are words no one would ever want to hear. I can't imagine the sheer terror you feel. She can tell by looking at it? I always thought they needed to do a biopsy. Focus on the fact that she said it's early.
You can & have good results if melanma is caught early.
I am praying for you.:please:

I think the support bandage is an excellent idea!!!
Thanks, LG!
Where's Baez's mess of a book these days?

I had some breast lumps removed which left a divet (and if you don't know what that is don't ask) Anyhow post surgery I wore a jogging stretch bra so nothing would move at all and it really helped.

Side note: when I went to the surgeon to have the stitches removed she thought it was such a clever idea - and was going to recommend it to other patients....:banghead: even with only a few brain cells it's not hard to figure out what doesn't jiggle or move hurts less than something that does......:banghead: I couldn't believe no one including her hadn't thought about it post-op!

I'm having a hard time believing that there are 4 people out there who would willingly subject themselves to that cr*p.

Apparently amazon has a deal that you get a special if you buy both! :what: :banghead:

I am so sorry. These are words no one would ever want to hear. I can't imagine the sheer terror you feel. She can tell by looking at it? I always thought they needed to do a biopsy. Focus on the fact that she said it's early.
You can & have good results if melanma is caught early.
I am praying for you.:please:
I got the biopsy results :(
But, all will be fine!!!
oxoxoxoxo

WooHoo! There you are!! I think we are talking about the civil ZG case aren't we?? :woohoo: The new motion by the defense to keep her crim court case out of the civil trial?

...sorry for the previous drive-by. I didn't have a chance to check the article referenced. I can't make heads or tails of the request, but I suspect it's an attempt to "mitigate punitive damages..." hope the lawyers will weigh in.

...sorry for the previous drive-by. I didn't have a chance to check the article referenced. I can't make heads or tails of the request, but I suspect it's an attempt to "mitigate punitive damages..." hope the lawyers will weigh in.

Does that mean they can't ask Casey about her statement that she hadn't ruled out Zenaida in a photo line-up? That statement is a critical part of Zenaida's case but it was made while Casey was in prison...... are they not allowed to mention where she was? That sounds so restrictive as to render them impotent. The justice system is all about protecting the offender as usual.

It's not about punitive damages. Casey's lawyers want to get through the entire trial without anyone saying that Casey was arrested for, charged with, or tried for the murder of Caylee. Even if the judge grants that request, as a practical matter I think the jury will figure it out (assuming they've been living under rocks and don't already know). I mean, Exhibit A will be the video of the jail visit, in which Casey is pretty obviously in jail, and the subject of the conversation with her parents is about who took Caylee so, um, why do you suppose Casey would have been in jail? :waitasec:

Then what if a witness says something inconsistent with what he/she said at the criminal trial? I guess ZG's lawyers are supposed to say, "OK, well, do you remember another time you were under oath testifying about this case?" Witness: "Oh, sure, when Casey was on tr--" JUDGE/ZG LAWYERS/CASEY LAWYERS: "NO! STOP! DON'T SAY IT!" Judge: "The jury will please disregard that partial answer. Witness, please answer yes or no only." Sounds like a circus to me. :rolleyes:

But if the jury is going to be allowed to consider punitive damages, I think they have to be allowed to know the defendant's motive. In this case, Casey's motive at the time of the video jail visit statement was to deflect blame from herself and GET THE HECK OUT OF JAIL and NOT BE PROSECUTED FOR KILLING CAYLEE. How can that possibly be held back from the jury? How can the jury decide whether Casey acted with an evil motive if the motive is kept secret? :waitasec:

Hello? ZG attorneys? I know I said I thought the case should have been dismissed already, but feel free to use this argument. :)

But, all will be fine!!!
oxoxoxoxo

Yes, I seen that post that you did have a biopsy further down AND you are right.
You will be just fine.

Has anyone been following the case against mother Zinah Jennings over her missing 18 month old son? Trial began last week in Columbia SC and caught a quick update on our local news here in Georgia this evening! VERY EERILY SIMILAR!

Mother fails to report 18 month old son missing for a month....

When interviewed by police, tells several versions almost identical to KC, including claiming child is with bio dad at an address that does not exist.... claims she "doesnt know", claims child is alive somewhere.....gives police name of best friend....who does not exist....!!!

And now it is reported that prosecutor was granted motion to present evidence of blood in mom's trunk (!) in case against her.

HOWEVER...in this case, mom is only being charged with Unlawful Conduct Toward a Child....

Interesting this case is almost IDENTICAL to Caylee's, however is not getting near the media attention......racial issue???

Trial was delayed today for a few days since this mom just gave birth to second child this weekend and judge is giving her time to "rest"....

But worth discussing the similarities/differences between two cases....

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/29/2415816/heated-exchanges-open-trial-over.html

Our Forum on Case

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158812&page=11&highlight=Zinah+Jennings

So sad to hear of yet another death of an innocent babe. These young Mother's have seen Casey get away with the murder (in my opinion) of her child and they are trying to do the same thing. Hey, it worked for Casey. I fear that we'll hear a lot more of these type of stories with the same type lies and excuses.

But, all will be fine!!!
oxoxoxoxo[/quoute

RR0004

This is for you,

1: You know you're a Websleuther when...... Someone sneezes and your first thought is "Oh fresh DNA".

It's not about punitive damages. Casey's lawyers want to get through the entire trial without anyone saying that Casey was arrested for, charged with, or tried for the murder of Caylee. Even if the judge grants that request, as a practical matter I think the jury will figure it out (assuming they've been living under rocks and don't already know). I mean, Exhibit A will be the video of the jail visit, in which Casey is pretty obviously in jail, and the subject of the conversation with her parents is about who took Caylee so, um, why do you suppose Casey would have been in jail? :waitasec:

Then what if a witness says something inconsistent with what he/she said at the criminal trial? I guess ZG's lawyers are supposed to say, "OK, well, do you remember another time you were under oath testifying about this case?" Witness: "Oh, sure, when Casey was on tr--" JUDGE/ZG LAWYERS/CASEY LAWYERS: "NO! STOP! DON'T SAY IT!" Judge: "The jury will please disregard that partial answer. Witness, please answer yes or no only." Sounds like a circus to me. :rolleyes:

But if the jury is going to be allowed to consider punitive damages, I think they have to be allowed to know the defendant's motive. In this case, Casey's motive at the time of the video jail visit statement was to deflect blame from herself and GET THE HECK OUT OF JAIL and NOT BE PROSECUTED FOR KILLING CAYLEE. How can that possibly be held back from the jury? How can the jury decide whether Casey acted with an evil motive if the motive is kept secret? :waitasec:

Hello? ZG attorneys? I know I said I thought the case should have been dismissed already, but feel free to use this argument. :)
And thank you for supplying them with it!!

ETA: and I am so glad (at this point) that this is going forward. When I saw these motions filed, I thought, wow, there really will be a judgement day.

O/T but I see Baby Gabriel's mother is finally going to trial - and I'm so nervous about the Drew Petersen jury decision I could barely look at the news tonight. Jury still out....

RR0004, I've only been flying in and out and missed your post. My thoughts are with you every step of the way and know you will be fine once it's gone. We all love you and are here to help in anyway we can, so if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to pm me anytime as well if you feel the need.

O/T but I see Baby Gabriel's mother is finally going to trial - and I'm so nervous about the Drew Petersen jury decision I could barely look at the news tonight. Jury still out....

Yes, Elizabeth Johnson. I don't think she's going to fare well at least I hope she dosn't.
I'm real nervous about Drew Peterson too. Gosh I hope that jury convicts him.

I'm also ready to see a trial IN the court room instead of all of these talking heads all day on IS. I want to see how people act and hear the inflections (is that the right word) in their voices when they testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong