Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I am seeing is saying it's not her. While remote, if they found this person where I think they did, it is a place where a lot of people pull off to do a variety of things (personally I would never, it gives me the creeps), so it seems unlikely that it would be very old.

It's one of those, where you could be feet off the highway and people wouldn't see, but it gets frequented enough that things couldn't be left there for a long time.

Oh man, I am talking in circles...

No, that makes sense! Thanks for the insight.

This is a very remote area right off of the HWY, a huge euc grove. This area had been covered early on, and has been the site of body dumps before sadly. I'm guessing that calling in Santa Clara was nothing more than precautionary, better safe than sorry. This ensures that chain of command and everything is accountable if it happened to be Sierra. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.
I will try and get a map up, but I am beyond exhausted, so, we'll see.

This might be helpful. It's a link to a map I put together tonight while following updates on Sierra and Linnea.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...l=36.865751,-121.603718&spn=0.067982,0.169086

All the articles, tweets, etc., from media sources that I came across say it's not Sierra. I'm really wondering if it is Deanna Brooks. She would have travelled that road a couple of weeks ago on her way to San Diego.

Deanna Brooks was last seen on Aug. 24 by her neighbor on Berkeley Way in Santa Cruz.
Brooks planned to drive south on Highway 101 in her gold Chrysler PT Cruiser for a birthday party that weekend. She and the car have not been found.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_21467966/mystery-continues-case-missing-santa-cruz-woman

I don't know if we are allowed to post a link to examiner.com, so I will just say that they are reporting the body is definitely not Sierra.

ETA: They are often wrong, so look to MSM for confirmation IMO.

I don't know if we are allowed to post a link to examiner.com, so I will just say that they are reporting the body is definitely not Sierra.

ETA: They are often wrong, so look to MSM for confirmation IMO.

This is being reported by more than one MSM There must be a reason they are so sure. Could be of a different race.

This is being reported by more than one MSM There must be a reason they are so sure. Could be of a different race.

Thanks for the update. When I posted this early this morning, there wasn't anything in MSM.

one report I read this morning said it was a hispanic female... but now I need to go back and link that up

brb

Authorities say it is a homicide investigation, but would not comment on specifics about the condition of the body or its age. Sources say the body is a young, Hispanic female.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=8802541

but but but... omg I just saw this as well and was getting ready to start a thread:

San Francisco police are searching for a missing teenage girl.

Vanessa Dominguez, 16, was last seen leaving her Linden Street home in San Francisco's Hayes Valley Tuesday night. Her family says the Immaculate Conception Academy student has asthma and didn't take her inhaler with her.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/san_francisco&id=8803196

A man's body was found in that area about the same time last year.

Decomposed Body Found in San Benito County
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 6:08 PM MST
Updated: Sep 13, 2011 9:13 AM MST

On 09/12/11 at 1:31 p.m. San Benito County Deputies were dispatched to Cannon Rd near Chateau Rd in Aromas for a report of a possible decomposed body. When Deputies arrived in the area they contacted the reporting party.

The reporting party told Deputies that he was walking on Cannon Rd. collecting wood for a home project when he discovered the decomposed body off the side of the road. The reporting party then directed the Deputies to where he observed the decomposed body.

more at link

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/15445828/decomposed

A man's body was found in that area about the same time last year.

Decomposed Body Found in San Benito County
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 6:08 PM MST
Updated: Sep 13, 2011 9:13 AM MST

On 09/12/11 at 1:31 p.m. San Benito County Deputies were dispatched to Cannon Rd near Chateau Rd in Aromas for a report of a possible decomposed body. When Deputies arrived in the area they contacted the reporting party.

The reporting party told Deputies that he was walking on Cannon Rd. collecting wood for a home project when he discovered the decomposed body off the side of the road. The reporting party then directed the Deputies to where he observed the decomposed body.

more at link

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/15445828/decomposed

It's going to be kind of strange the next time I drive through that area. Sheesh, 2 bodies?

I think they should go back and search close to her home again, many of the missing are found close to where they went missing and searches have just missed finding them.
JMO

Sheriff Wants SJPD Fingerprint Program
Posted by Josh Koehn on Wednesday, September 5, 2012

UPDATE: Due to technical difficulties this post and all reader comments were dropped from the site. The post has been restored in its original form as we work to resolve all outstanding issues. Thanks for your patience.—Editor

The San Jose Police Department is thinking of getting out of the fingerprint business. As a result, a battle for millions of dollars in equipment and staffing, and has been quietly waged for months between the SJPD and the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office over who should process criminal prints.

While the county operates the jails, San Jose currently has a unique $4.1 million agreement with the state, called Cal-ID, which allows the city to contract out booking and latent prints—those lifted from a crime-scene—for itself and 17 other South Bay cities and towns, including Campbell, Gilroy, Morgan Hill, Milpitas, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara.

<snip>

While handling a substantially lower load—about 100 cases a month for unincorporated areas and Cupertino, Saratoga, Los Altos Hills—the most notable achievement of the Sheriff’s Office fingerprint division came earlier this year. Smith says her team found a fingerprint in the Sierra LaMar disappearance case. LaMar, a 16-year-old girl from Morgan Hill, went missing in March. Her suspected kidnapper and killer, Antolin Garcia-Torres, is currently in custody.

“We hit a fingerprint on the Sierra LaMar case,” Smith said, “and because I’m just so sensitive about that case I came down and I said, ‘Are you sure?’ And they looked at me like I was crazy. You know, yes, it’s an identification.”

Respectfully snipped & BBM

More@Link

http://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/e...n_jose_police_fingerprint_crime_sierra_lamar/

The webcached sanjose.com/news article that I posted upthread stated that the fingerprint was Sierra's. If I recall correctly, the original story's link was broken.
Is it possible that Sheriff Smith decided to retract that piece of information (which was big IMO) & rerelease the story with this more generalized quote (Sierra's fingerprint to a fingerprint)?
Am I seeing things here?

It's going to be kind of strange the next time I drive through that area. Sheesh, 2 bodies?
LOL, I'm afraid over the years there have been a fair amount of bodies show up there. Back in high school we used to call it the haunted forest, drive through really fast and pray you didn't break down, especially at night!
It has always had a very eerie feeling to me.

The webcached sanjose.com/news article that I posted upthread stated that the fingerprint was Sierra's. If I recall correctly, the original story's link was broken.
Is it possible that Sheriff Smith decided to retract that piece of information (which was big IMO) & rerelease the story with this more generalized quote (Sierra's fingerprint to a fingerprint)?
Am I seeing things here?

I read it as though there was a fingerprint found in the case. It could of been Sierra's or someone elses. IMO

<snip>
"Smith said the most notable achievement of the Sheriff&#8217;s Office fingerprint division came earlier this year, when her team matched a fingerprint from LaMar to a print found on the car of her suspected kidnapper and killer, Antolin Garcia-Torres."

The google webcached link to sanjose.com/news link
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...in+car&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

From my OP upthread
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 **arrest** - #19

ETA: Mods, if posting this is in violation of TOS, my apologies (please edit/delete)....

Just that it is of a 20-35 yo woman of Hispanic or Asian descent. That narrows it right down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member