IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they want someone to tell them that a vehicle that was parked at a neighbor's is no longer there..like a camper, or a car, or an old van or truck...or one that was parked is now suddenly newly painted. MOO

I can see them riding back and forth on the streets you have highlighted on your map - it's a continuous loop, more or less. But it looks like they would have to get back on Gilbert and ride over to Elmer Avenue. Unless there is some special attraction on Elmer Avenue, I can't understand why they would have gone there considering it was a little out of the way and they were under a time constraint. JMO.

But then, kids aren't always logical when they're out playing!

Aren't the Bathrooms at the Park on the end of Elmer?

Maybe they had to go...:waitasec:

Maybe they want someone to tell them that a vehicle that was parked at a neighbor's is no longer there..like a camper, or a car, or an old van or truck...or one that was parked is now suddenly newly painted. MOO

Or they were out late Friday July 13 and when the got home they started washing their car inside and out...?

If someone rode the Nature Trail and turned right on Gilbert, they would go on Elmer to get back on the trail to go around the lake.

Right, but isn't there a more direct way to get to the lake from the other streets they were seen biking on?

I'm making too much of Elmer Avenue, I guess. It just stood out as being a little different from the other streets the girls were seen on. JMO

Aren't the Bathrooms at the Park on the end of Elmer?

Maybe they had to go...:waitasec:

Good point! Maybe the girls needed to go, but didn't want to go to Gma's because she would have made them stay home once they got there.

Now it makes a little more sense to me.

Right, but isn't there a more direct way to get to the lake from the other streets they were seen biking on?

I'm making too much of Elmer Avenue, I guess. It just stood out as being a little different from the other streets the girls were seen on. JMO

I think Elmer Avenue may be very key. MOO

Good point! Maybe the girls needed to go, but didn't want to go to Gma's because she would have made them stay home once they got there.

Now it makes a little more sense to me.

Ah glad you posted that, thanks! I kept thinking, why not just go hit the bathroom at G'mas? Good point, maybe they knew she wasn't likely to let them go back out.

I think Elmer Avenue may be very key. MOO

Thanks! As you can see, that street is really standing out in my mind because it doesn't seem to fit.

Although now that I know the bathrooms are there, it makes more sense.

Do we have any idea if the dogs were used at all in the area of the park bathrooms or playground or docks? I thought a local said something about it, but I could be hallucinating at this point! MOO

Also the water fountain is at the bathrooms on Elmer Street at the entry to the Park.

They could have been thirsty

I agree with this.

(for several reasons)

1) LE has *never* spoken about the dogs.... only the family has spoken (and LE never gives all the details to anyone.. even family members)

2) all the articles that were published this early am say "new times put girls closer to the lake" etc, etc...

I have to admit, I didn't think the bikes were dumped... but who knows.. maybe they were.... with the timeline now much bigger... (to the public it is bigger lol but most likely we can all rest assured that LE has most likely had this for a while) I can actually say yeah.. that could have happened/is a possibility..

((and I also am very glad that we can now be done with discussion of the *alleged* bike rider witness))

I agree that LE doesn't give the family OR the media a whole lot of info.

attachment.php

Elmer Ave

Attachments

• Elmer.GIF
    Elmer.GIF
    113.8 KB · Views: 122
If they were on their way to the lake they would of turned on Elmer. <modsnip>

but what if they weren't on the way to the lake... what if they were taking their normal route of riding past the lawn water man's house and turning around and heading back but somewhen snatched them in between?

If they were on their way to the lake they would of turned on Elmer. <modsnip>

Yes, but they could have easily gotten on the trail at Arbutus, IMO, so why bike over to Elmer?

But as other posters have kindly pointed out, bathrooms and a water fountain are located at the end of Elmer, so maybe that is why they rode over there.

After looking at the map, I wonder why Elmer Avenue is of interest? It doesn't abut any of the other streets LE mentioned.

I wonder if someone might have been seen parked at the end of Elmer near the lake, and LE wants additional witnesses?

Otherwise, why would the girls have ridden their bikes on Elmer? Maybe they had arranged to meet someone there?:waitasec:

There are some nice homes along Gilbert Dr. Maybe one or more of them have surveillance cameras that caught the girls at the intersection of Gilbert Dr. and Elmer Ave.?

Maybe someone coming home for lunch/shopping or just looking out the window reported to LE that they saw the girls on Elmer Ave. or at the intersection?

Maybe they were spotted in a vehicle or walking along on Elmer Ave.?

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member