GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking a while. First time post. I'm soo sad this has taken this twist. I really hoped she would be okay... I hope her family will be okay. It's tragic.

I wanted to mention that i'm pretty sure some of those previous reports about similar attacks mentioned a tattoo. I think it was the mako (?) identikit, but I've had trouble finding it.

I saw one report on that site about an offender with a tatt, can't remember what it was.

The feeling I get about this case is almost like the Anita Cobby murder.....sick to stomach and hope to God that she did not go through what Anita Cobby did......

:-(

BRUNSWICK traders and residents were in shock tonight following the arrest of a 41-year-old Coburg man who is expected to be charged with abduction and murder.

A worker, who wanted to remain anonymous, at a Sydney Rd pizza shop, which provided the police with key CCTV footage, said everyone was worried including the staff ''so everyone would be relieved that police had got someone''.
''All of the owners around here were very scared but last night there were still girls walking around here alone. It's a great relief and everyone will feel safe,'' she said

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ill-meagher-case/story-e6frf7kx-1226482923777

The feeling I get about this case is almost like the Anita Cobby murder.....sick to stomach and hope to God that she did not go through what Anita Cobby did......

There were multiple offenders in that one, but I know what you mean. :-(

JILL Meagher fell hopelessly in love with husband Tom soon after they met and the couple seemed destined to be together forever, her closest friend has revealed.
As Ms Meagher's family in Ireland described her disappearance as an "unreal nightmare", best mate Julie Cullen told of the missing woman's love of life and dedication to her husband.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ate-jill-meagher/story-e6frf7kx-1226482899438

I feel almost guilty with how wrapped up in this I've been. It seems almost obscene. It's given me such a sick feeling ever since it began, and now it makes me so sick to know she obviously suffered. :(

The Vic Police are simply amazing, clearly working very very hard and around the clock investigating etc. I honestly don't think I am going to be sleeping tonight, as bad as this sounds I really hope they find her very soon.

My Mum said the same thing to me past night. I have read the book on Anita Cobbys Murder and it is terrifying what she went through.

Blows my mind that there are such cruel, sick and emotionless people in this world.

@AhronYoung
Police say there will be no news conference tonight

https://twitter.com/AhronYoung

I'd best get some sleep then I guess. Thank you to web sleuths, having this forum has really helped. I've been pretty freaked out by it all. And having a place I could obsess (partner not so interested in the minute-to-minute updates) .. helped me calm.

Not that this is about me. Obviously. But anyway. Thanks.

I feel almost guilty with how wrapped up in this I've been. It seems almost obscene. It's given me such a sick feeling ever since it began, and now it makes me so sick to know she obviously suffered. :(

Same.

I wonder if the POI was married or not. Surely if he was married and living with a wife she would have been suspicious or an accomplice. Especially over a period of 6 days it would have raised some concerns. The photo shows a wedding band but i am thinking it is purely a facade. Details of what actually happened are not clear and I am guessing the public would never know. Based on tweets from reporters it almost sounds like the file is going to be sealed and never released to public. It sounds like something far beyond a murder has taken place.

I know exactly what you are saying. I had to talk to my staff today as we are located not that far from Sydney Road. They were quite distressed and I'm really baffled as to why this case has caused so many of us to feel it so deeply.

The Vic Police are simply amazing, clearly working very very hard and around the clock investigating etc. I honestly don't think I am going to be sleeping tonight, as bad as this sounds I really hope they find her very soon.

I don't think I will be sleeping either! I'm finding it very hard to get the picture of that awful man out of my head. Pure evil. One of my daughters is not yet home after going out to meet a friend earlier. Normally I wouldn't be worried. But tonight-I just want her home!

My Mum said the same thing to me past night. I have read the book on Anita Cobbys Murder and it is terrifying what she went through.

Blows my mind that there are such cruel, sick and emotionless people in this world.

They are just mutants who should never have been born.

BBM: he didn't see it doesn't mean she didn't. He said the Hoodie guy looked normal - he was just answering the questions asked as honestly as he could, doesn't mean he is right though.

no sorry wasnt meaning anything about that.......was just trying to remember where I read about a witness saying about two guys and was wondering that if this witness (the only one that supposedly came forward) didnt mention it, then reports are being edited......however I did find where I read it, it was from a guy in another shop that checked his cctv.....he thought there were two guys....it was him going to the police that prompted them to check all the cctvs......so no one can confirm they saw two guys

was thinking why have police called it a field. Essendon Fields came to mind, located about less than 10km say maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member