SC SC - Dail Dinwiddie, 23, Columbia, 24 Sep 1992

http://www.theitem.com/opinion/whatever-happened-to-dail-dinwiddie/article_82b1c986-c1b0-5ef2-89c2-79c68ad4b307.html

came across this article today & decided to check WS for a thread on dail. ive lived in columbia, sc all my life & remember seeing all the posters (i even think there were bumper stickers) of her all over the place. cant believe shes never been found. anyway, i just got done reading thru all 8 pages of this thread. the comments someone copy/pasted from 'Donnieatlex' are quite eerie. makes me think theres some truth in what hes saying & this is all some sort of cover up. i cant understand how people just go missing....for this long....without a trace. it never really crossed my mind that the police/LE may be covering all this up & know exactly what happened. i guess thats logical....im sure crooked cops exist more then we know. nonetheless, this is a sad case & hopefully something will be uncovered sooner rather then later.

Here's a wild shot I found today. Very little information but this girl was found in SC and approximates Dail's physical characteristics. There is a DNA profile though and only one listed exclusion.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/605

I just sent this in. I don't see where Dail has been excluded, so I assume it wasn't sent in before?

O95Ot.AuSt.74.jpg

Abbeville is only about 45 mins. from me I will see if I can find out any info on Monday.

It also appears one of the guys that was with Dail that night is now a lawyer.

Nothing new here (8-14-12) Only to me...
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/14/3454485/dail-dinwiddie-still-gone-but.html
Dinwiddie’s mother, Jean, her face a study in anguish, read a statement.

“A mama never rests when any of her children is not known to be safe,” Jean Dinwiddie, 73, said. “Today, 20 years after the abduction of my child, I still cannot rest easy because I don’t know where she is.

“We ask that even if you will not help us solve this crime, would you please let us know how to find Dail,” she said, choking back tears. She asked that if a source feels “more comfortable speaking with the Dinwiddie family,” to call them at home at 803-254-1690.

God MUST have a special place in Heaven for mothers who endure this much pain on earth.
God bless Ms. Dail, Mrs. Jean, and the Dinwiddie family.

Tomorrow Dail will be missing 21 years. I remember it quite well. My then husband had a hair-styling shop about 1 block off of Harden Street. The area was crawling with police and dogs. He had to unlock/open the basement door so they could search.

Why did she leave the bar on her own at 1AM? Is it possible she was waiting for someone to arrive to drive her back home?

I did report info to CPD.Their response was I do not believe this person could have done this. He told my family at a gathering that he knew where she was buried and that no one would ever find her because the city was getting ready to pour concrete over her. He was in a prominent position in CPDand had political connections. I can only think that they are afraid. This conversation took place in 1992 at Christmas. I as also assaulted, stalked and harassed by him six months later. By the way, they did interview him and he admitted to saying this. I begged to at least to check out the location of her body and give him a polygraph.

Leon Lott is such a liar. I spoke with the Kristen Foundation and Leon Lott told the Foundation that they had found her
She was in a dumpster. We all know that is not true. All of LAW ENFORCEMENT IS LYING TO COVER OTHER CRIMES ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. State Law Enforcement Division, Richland County sheriff's department knows, as well as the Federal and State Bureau of Investigation. All of city council and key people running local government know. The State Attorney's Office has been informed. This involves high ranking officials who think they are above the law. They have covered so much information that if they discuss one case, it will open another.

Bumping for Dail and her family. Anyone on here from the SC area who would like to discuss this case? Does anyone know if LE is open with it's information, for example did any POI ever take lie detector tests or where there never any POI? I wonder about the bouncer who saw her last. And since we know she was usually a very careful person, I wonder if it's possible someone in LE is the perp--saw her walking alone at night in 5 points and offered her a ride. I truly don't think Rivera is the perp in this case. I've thought of writing to Rivera, who is on death row in GA, to see if he'd offer up any information IF he in fact is involved. Since he is on death row and has confessed to the murders in GA, why wouldn't he tell about Dail IF he was the perp.

There was a $50,000 reward (may still be in place, I don't know) in this case. You'd think with that kind of money offered someone would have talked.

Don't want to skip over Paula Merchant and her disappearance in 1999. Although their disappearanced occurred 7 years apart, LE still wonders if Rivera was the perp in both cases. We do know Rivera was killing in SC in 1999, but did he start as early as 1992? If so, there are other victims.

LE is involved. Your statement is correct. It is killing me that no one is listening. My heart breaks for her family. She is in a much better place.

I never heard anything back at all. I wonder if the contact info for the ME's office is up to date. I think someone should follow up with a call.

You guys, I work in downtown Columbia. What do you need me to do? I used to work at The State so I know a bit about FOIA and how you proceed in getting information released. (not a LOT, but I'm familiar with it somewhat.) Could we perhaps e-mail the detective in charge of the case, introduce ourselves, and ask for any information that's allowed to be released to the public?

ETA: I know at The State we had a letter written by a lawyer that outlined what we wanted and why we were alllowed to have it under FOIA. And I'm glad the KY Jane Doe isn't Dail, although it would've been nice to have this case resolved.
And I know this sounds nearly impossible but--is there even a ghost of a chance that Dail may be alive? I know we hear a lot about sex rings now but back then I don't remember it being talked about that much. The circumstances would not preclude this possibility, I don't think.

All departments of LAW ENFORCEMENT are familiar with the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT. Anyone can legally have access to any information about this case, including any investigation into the crime. They may give you some resistance, but are required by law to disclose this information to anyone that requests it. NO, you do not need a lawyer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back