GUILTY FL - Lakeland girl, 14, charged with killing newborn son, 19 Sept 2012

I hope they do DNA tests to determine if the 14 year old IS the father. They will, won't they?

I'm sure that's standard part of the investigation. I would imagine the boy's family would also want to know as they may want to name/bury the baby. They wouldn't have any rights without paternity.

I don't know if this girl was intimidated to the point of kill or be killed, a psychopath in the making, or a child with a problem too big for her problem solving skills.

I wish this child had felt like she could talk to someone about it.

Wonder if she faked being on her period? Otherwise wouldn't mom have noticed the lack of need for purchasing pads.

As with any child, I think she needs evaluating to determine how things got to this point. If she can be rehabilitated, then I would hope they would go that route rather than putting her away for life.

I think arresting the boy is just plain silly. If you start that, where does it end?

I hope they do DNA tests to determine if the 14 year old IS the father. They will, won't they?

I would think that is one of the first orders of business, especially if they plan on charging another minor with crimes related to this case. (Which I think is ridiculous, unless he was a part of the murder plot.)

I would assume so. Especially considering she is charged as an adult. They would certainly want to show that the father was another 14 year old and not some adult.

I don't know if this girl was intimidated to the point of kill or be killed, a psychopath in the making, or a child with a problem too big for her problem solving skills.

I wish this child had felt like she could talk to someone about it.

Wonder if she faked being on her period? Otherwise wouldn't mom have noticed the lack of need for purchasing pads.

As with any child, I think she needs evaluating to determine how things got to this point. If she can be rehabilitated, then I would hope they would go that route rather than putting her away for life.

I think arresting the boy is just plain silly. If you start that, where does it end?

In this article

http://www.theledger.com/article/20121003/NEWS/121009773

the mom claims CG had a period every month....

Mom claims a lot of things. Such as CG didn't gain a lot of weight. Even though it appears a lot of people suspected CG was pregnant.
Her aunts say (according to the police affidavit) CG gained weight in her stomach area.

ITA jjenny. I'm starting to wonder if TG and CA were separated at birth. :waitasec:

I just wanted to give the OP the link re: periods....

http://www.theledger.com/article/20121008/NEWS/121009392
Bail Hearing For Teen Charged in Baby's Death Set for Oct. 23

Goodson's lawyer also has filed another motion asking a judge to order detectives to preserve any records of their interrogation of Goodson, including their handwritten notes.

The motion states that the family's home was roped off as a crime scene, and Goodson was taken inside the house for about two to three hours for questioning without a parent present.

Goodson's lawyer also has filed another motion asking a judge to order detectives to preserve any records of their interrogation of Goodson, including their handwritten notes.

The motion states that the family's home was roped off as a crime scene, and Goodson was taken inside the house for about two to three hours for questioning without a parent present.

Yep, same article I paraphrased in post #285 above.

So, for my own education, is this not considered re-publishing? Is quoting the article different from re-publishing?? Mods?

All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

Mom claims a lot of things. Such as CG didn't gain a lot of weight. Even though it appears a lot of people suspected CG was pregnant.
Her aunts say (according to the police affidavit) CG gained weight in her stomach area.

The step-father even noticed and said she wore blankets around herself in the house...people at school knew...she told her coaches but didn't tell her mother...

Now I know you can't judge by a picture but I have to say, TO ME, the pictures I have seen of this girl, she has no expression of remorse, regret, pain, loss, fear...just a hard, cold staring look...

I'm wondering if this girl had her own mother intimidated so that she was actually reluctant to question her or insist that she take the pregnancy test or insist she go to the doctor. Maybe the mother was afraid of her and this is why she didn't interfer during the birth, if she heard it, and just accepted the girl's word on everything about the miscarriage....the girl may have ruled the house instead of the parents....she apparently did whatever she wanted with no supervision....

It was a very hot summer in the sunshine state of Florida, CG was in her last trimester of pregnancy, did this mother not see her daughter in a bikini, bathing suit or tank top. Most teens parade around trying to show off sex appeal in skimpy clothing....did the baggy clothing and sweaters during this time not raise a red flag for this mother, along with all the rumors and concerns brought to the mothers attention by others around her!!!!! I think this mom is really trying to back paddle her way out of this, I don't believe a word she says.

It was a very hot summer in the sunshine state of Florida, CG was in her last trimester of pregnancy, did this mother not see her daughter in a bikini, bathing suit or tank top. Most teens parade around trying to show off sex appeal in skimpy clothing....did the baggy clothing and sweaters during this time not raise a red flag for this mother, along with all the rumors and concerns brought to the mothers attention by others around her!!!!! I think this mom is really trying to back paddle her way out of this, I don't believe a word she says.

I am guessing her mother was living in another world. One in which she liked to keep her head in the sand.

I hope this is not going to cause a problem with using her statements for the case in trial....

The step-father even noticed and said she wore blankets around herself in the house...people at school knew...she told her coaches but didn't tell her mother...

Now I know you can't judge by a picture but I have to say, TO ME, the pictures I have seen of this girl, she has no expression of remorse, regret, pain, loss, fear...just a hard, cold staring look...

I'm wondering if this girl had her own mother intimidated so that she was actually reluctant to question her or insist that she take the pregnancy test or insist she go to the doctor. Maybe the mother was afraid of her and this is why she didn't interfer during the birth, if she heard it, and just accepted the girl's word on everything about the miscarriage....the girl may have ruled the house instead of the parents....she apparently did whatever she wanted with no supervision....

Hadn't thought of that! In many homes that's the way it is, the inmates rule the asylum. Parents are afraid of their kids. I don't see how she could NOT know with a place so small and everyone else knowing and telling her.

BBM, IMO I wonder about mental illness. For her to go through the pregnancy and deliver the baby without asking anyone for help is unbelievable to me and while playing on a softball team. I know 14 year old girls who can't get through one period a month without missing a day of school.

BBM, IMO I wonder about mental illness. For her to go through the pregnancy and deliver the baby without asking anyone for help is unbelievable to me and while playing on a softball team. I know 14 year old girls who can't get through one period a month without missing a day of school.

True, something to consider....I hope she gets a psychological evaluation soon to determine if there have been mental problems before or if she is in shock/trauma due to this experience, along with the physical effects. The lack of communication and level of denial in the family is off the wall....although I abhor what she did it seems she was absolutely desperate not to let her mother find out about the pregnancy...some families can handle a situation like this fairly well, even if it's difficult to accept and some don't but toddle through and make the best of it themselves or find other solutions, but this total WALL between C and her mother is astounding...I wonder if it was always like this or was it just because of this situation the mother did not want to accept...

Whoever the father is, I imagine he'd have the right to file a civil charge against the girl AND her parents, since she is still a minor child. If I were the father, I'd be sickened and furious to find that my baby was murdered in such a cruel way, especially when it didn't have to happen at all.

Whoever the father is, I imagine he'd have the right to file a civil charge against the girl AND her parents, since she is still a minor child. If I were the father, I'd be sickened and furious to find that my baby was murdered in such a cruel way, especially when it didn't have to happen at all.

Considering that even if he is 14, he still was engaging in illegal behavior (it's not legal for two 14 year olds to have sex in FL), so I really don't think he has a leg to stand on. Considering prosecutor can charge him for having illegal sex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back