CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many questions in this presser, I hope we just get ONE answer.

There has been no discussion about what was in the backpack, only speculation. The LE did say shortly after finding the backpack that "we believe she has changed her clothes" and "study her facial features without her glasses". This is the basis of the speculation.

Again, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read that the man who found the backpack after looking in it realized it probably belonged to the girl that was missing. And that is why he contacted the LE. So, I have thought all along there was something in there indicating her name, etc. Maybe a notebook or something. jmo

The school very well could have other numbers to try in the event of an emergency, and might well have tried those numbers -- IF -- they viewed the child's absence as an emergency.

How does your kid's school define "emergency"? I suspect at most schools, an emergency is something like:
- the child is hurt on the schoolyard, or in an science experiment, needs medical attention.
- child has an asthma attack, needs medical attention
- school fire
- shooting at the school - locked down - must alert parents

The thing is, how many schools are going to define a child not arriving on time as an emergency? Odds are the staff making the calls to parents on absent kids, who's parents hadn't called in to say their kids were not coming did not deem an absence from school as an emergency.

Its possible this kid and her family is well known at the school - maybe she had the sniffles the day before and they all just thought she wasn't feeling well and mom had forgotten to call it in?

I doubt most schools would deem a kid not showing up as an emergency - if they did, they'd be making a lot of emergency calls to parents and extra contacts every morning.

Right. My reply was only in in response and in regard to the other poster asking "what if Jessica had gotten sick at school?".
Our schools don't make emergency contact calls for regular absences either. They make one call to the home # listed and leave a mssg if they don't reach the parent.

This does not sound good. I tried to find this park on Google maps but had no luck. Calling it an open space would make me think it is not a secluded area. If this is Jessica, pretty brazen to leave her body there and the backpack out in the open, too. :furious: When is this going to stop? These monsters!!

Adding: Mapquest
I think this is the park.
Pattridge Park
[14800-14875] W 82nd Ave
Arvada

Sorry, I keep adding as I find more information. This location is fairly desolate. I entered 14800 W 82nd Ave on Google Maps and was able to get a street view. Where was the backpack found in Arvada?

The backpack and water bottle belonging to the victim were found in Superior CO, about 10-15 miles north of the body.

I am wondering:

1) Approximate area of abduction.
2) Area of evidence discovery - back pack, water bottle.
3) *Area(s) not yet discovered - where perp(s) did what he did.
4) Area of body discovery.
5) *Area(s) not yet discovered - potential other body evidence.

and of course a victim ID. I assume this has to be what we're going to hear.

Again, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read that the man who found the backpack after looking in it realized it probably belonged to the girl that was missing. And that is why he contacted the LE. So, I have thought all along there was something in there indicating her name, etc. Maybe a notebook or something. jmo

I believe her water bottle in the backpack/attached to the backpack had her name clearly written on it. The person who found the backpack didn't realize it belonged to the missing girl and when he did LE was notified.

I don't live in the area, but in a neighboring state, and I've visited the area many times over the years.

Colorado has vast unpopulated mountainous areas that begin right outside of Denver. It is literally at the foothills of the Rockies. I would think if someone wanted to put a body where it wouldn't be found, or where it would be 'taken care of' by nature in short order, they would go farther than just six miles away. There are many barely-traveled scenic overlooks, and this is not high season for tourists. Summer traffic is gone, and ski season is just around the corner.

I do believe he wanted evidence to be found, because of all the states in the country, Colorado has some of the most opportune places to leave something to the wildlife that is barely reachable by humans (meaning if something was thrown from a scenic overlook, you might not be able to get to it to retrieve it)... and instead, he chose a spot that was near the city in an easy-to-walk publicly owned open space that is 'urban' enough that it merits trash pickup crews.

Which IMO points to a local who couldn't travel a long distance without his absence going unnoticed.

ETA: I think the suspect is able to spend a great deal of time alone, either lives alone, works alone or somehow can be secluded for some time without anyone noticing. However, I also think that he does have somone or someones who account for his whereabouts at some point during the day/night.

The man saw her name on her water bottle, which her mother helped her to pack each day along with oranges. Finding a lone backpack with the name of a heavily covered missing child on something inside would send one dialing on the nearest phone.

Thinking aloud... I do think he wanted the body to be found, but wondering if the location could have also been chosen due to time constraints? Maybe he had responsibilities he had to return to?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Actually I think it was the water bottle that had her name written on it. Interestingly, the man who reported it, or who sent the email, did not check the bag himself. The article I read said that a neighbor actually took a look inside the bag.

I will try and find the man article which described the above

The water bottle had her name on it I believe. The man who found it didn't connect it to a missing girl soni doubt it had any items other than personal belongings in it.

Which IMO points to a local who couldn't travel a long distance without his absence going unnoticed.

Don't forget the piece of crap car factor. A car will roll around town but not be so inclined to go to farther than that and it's fairly likely that the abductor was not in a newer Mercedes.

I remember hearing that he found the backpack containing her water bottle, and that the water bottle had her name on it, but it wasn't until after he posted the info on the public community website that someone contacted him and told him just who Jessica Ridgeway was, and at that point he contacted the police about it.
Sorry for the run on sentence... I'm tired and it all just came out...

The news conference is set for 5 p.m. CST. KCTV5.com will livestream the news conference with a "clean" feed. That means you shouldn't have to worry about a reporter talking or anything like from the other feed. The feed will go live at 4:50 p.m. CST.

thank you WSers for keeping me up on this case. The father is from the KC area so we have keen interest locally.

So good to see you, DeAnn! You've been missed. Hope all is well.

Post your link!

Yes, you are correct. Also a child said they saw her talking to a teacher's aide. Can they all be wrong? hmm!!

It was actually J who said that he saw her speaking to a teachers Aide, so I think he was just mistaken about the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong