GUILTY FL - Scott Wilson, 23, killed by drunk driver, Wellington, 12 Feb 2010

I do not know anybodys phone # since I got a cell phone
I do not dial anyone.
I can believe he did not know anyones #
But HE DID KNOW 911
No, it came out that he called his girlfriend before calling 911, so apparently he can remember phone numbers!

On bond for Appeal. bond is $7million. Will be on house arrest and will have to hire a member of LE to watch him at all times. If girlfriend adoption goes through, he may have to return to prision (14 years).
Please tell me there's been an update on his appeal:please:, I want this behind bars!!!

I just recently discovered this trial on InSession. Incredible! I can't believe the defense thinks people will buy that it was a car malfunction and that he didn't drink 'till after the accident. He waited an hour before calling for help, and that was only at the urging of the woman whose phone he borrowed. Said nothing to the 911 dispatcher that another person was involved,and did nothing to check on the status of his victim!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Of course he didn't see him coming, he was too drunk, IMO! A needless death of a young promising engineering grad. He didn't die from the accident, he died from drowining by being pushed into the canal!!!
The polo player had no credibility as a witness because he was drinking. And who has no phone on his property, but an alarm system and keeps alcohol there???
I think Goodman thinks he'll get off just because he is rich and good looking!

What gets me about this ridiculous claim is that he didn't see that he was pushing a car in front of him and it suddenly fall off into a canal? Please!!! What a crock. I realize things like this happen quickly but the mind has a way of using slow motion. My mom and I were in a wreck years ago and because of the slow motion the mind plays they found the truck that cut us off cuz it had an emblem on the door that I saw. It wasn't as large as I had seen in my mind but none the less no one else noticed it except me and a couple of witnesses. I can still see it to this day. He was plain drunk as a skunk and didn't want anyone to know. He is a .

It is now!

I have watched it this time. Did he testify? I thought I heard rumors about that? If he does...he's signing his own death certificate.

I don't think he will get off, That man is competely guilty, and I think the jurors will get that!

Please tell me there's been an update on his appeal:please:, I want this behind bars!!!

I couldn't believe they let him out, what the heck is going on in Florida... when you're convicted you're not really convicted until the appeals court says so?

But guess who just landed back in jail for tampering with his ankle monitor! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Judge could send Goodman back to prison Friday
10/11/12

Polo mogul John Goodman could find out today whether the destruction of his house-arrest monitor will earn him a trip to prison.

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies say Goodman, who since May has been free on a $7 million appellate bond to fight a conviction and 16-year prison sentence for DUI manslaughter, smashed open his ankle monitor with a handheld blue mirror late Wednesday while he was in the shower. Deputies said Goodman told them he had hoped the water would disable the monitor’s signal.

The incident immediately landed Goodman back in jail, and at 10 a.m. today, Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath is expected to hear prosecutors’ request to revoke his bond. If Colbath does so, Goodman could be a prison inmate by the end of the month. (long article at link)....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/john-goodman-back-in-jail-after-deputies-say-he-ta/nSZfW/

In Session, John Goodman called to the stand. Just starting....at the bench discussing now.

This guy is extremely nervous, his voice is shaking. I don't think he made a wise decision. He's being questioned by the defense.

Friday 12:11pm

I couldn't believe they let him out, what the heck is going on in Florida... when you're convicted you're not really convicted until the appeals court says so?

But guess who just landed back in jail for tampering with his ankle monitor! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Judge could send Goodman back to prison Friday
10/11/12

Polo mogul John Goodman could find out today whether the destruction of his house-arrest monitor will earn him a trip to prison.

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies say Goodman, who since May has been free on a $7 million appellate bond to fight a conviction and 16-year prison sentence for DUI manslaughter, smashed open his ankle monitor with a handheld blue mirror late Wednesday while he was in the shower. Deputies said Goodman told them he had hoped the water would disable the monitor’s signal.

The incident immediately landed Goodman back in jail, and at 10 a.m. today, Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath is expected to hear prosecutors’ request to revoke his bond. If Colbath does so, Goodman could be a prison inmate by the end of the month. (long article at link)....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...-back-in-jail-after-deputies-say-he-ta/nSZfW/
Oh Please, please, please!!!:please:

OH NO! Did not want the visual! Eeeekkk bleech my eyes.

Way to go! :floorlaugh:

John Goodman found guilty of DUI, manslaughter and leaving the scene of an accident. The defense tried very hard, was very expensive, and Roy Black could not believe the outcome.

Question for attorneys: What kind of civil suit can/will be filed because of the fact that JS adopted his girlfriend, and put his house and property in her name.

This will be horrible for Scott's family. They definately deserve compensation for what happened to their son. I hope something positive can come out of it for this grieving family.

R.I.P Scott and God bless you're family!

I wonder if he is really as dumb as he came across as in court and can he even speak u for himself. Probably can't heat water in a microwave! Very sad.

In listening to Goodman's testimony, my first impression was that he was heavily medicated. Then I thought, maybe he is a bit slow on the uptake and is nervous and just plain scared to death.

On YouTube, IIRC, I listened to him speak about polo, something he was comfortable with, loved, & knew much about, and he was more relaxed, of course, and he spoke more comfortably, but he still seemed very self-conscious. He was not rapid-fire with his responses, and he seemed a bit ill at ease. I just don't think public speaking is something he feels good about doing. (doh)

When he was on the stand, I kept trying to drag the words out of him, and I waited for him to either just faint or pass out. Glib is not something that was anywhere close to what he was up there. I'm not sure just how bright this man actually is...

His BaC was 0.17 3 hours after the accident and estimated to be 0.26 at the time of the accident.

Yep, Isabelle, that's what I remember as well. He was "knee-walkin' drunk" as we used to call it in college. Just smackin' drunk. Not to give him any breaks at all, but there's no telling how long he may have stayed in his car after the accident. How could he even see or think?

Why isn't In Session covering the trials live anymore?

I think live trials are so difficult to schedule due to delays granted and the unknown days/weeks that the trials are going to last. "Live" doesn't wait for anybody. I think they help assuage their viewers by taking the viewers' preferences on past trials they want to see -- that way, they can schedule however they want. JMO.

OH NO! Did not want the visual! Eeeekkk bleech my eyes.

Way to go! :floorlaugh:

More proof that this man is not wearing his thinking cap at all times....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back