CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just getting this strong feeling the suspect is possibly from or knew someone near where her back pack was found.Maybe real close.

Or had a run-in with someone in the area of the backpack drop and wanted to make them squirm. Also another poster mentioned earlier the close proximately to the 2 schools. Posssible someone that travels between the schools for work.

Since this past Monday was a holiday, did anyone take a four day weekend? Perhaps someone that doesn't normally ask for days off? Also, did anyone come back to work acting nervous, looking tired, unusual bruises/scratches?

I have this sinking feeling that this monster is someone known to the family or Jessica; perhaps only an acquaintance; but Jessica may have went willingly at first.

My heart is breaking for Jessica's friends and family.

Great idea GrainneDhu!! Never thought to suggest to her to go to another, non-related, trusted adult! I am so glad I sought out WS help on this matter! It's amazing, and scary, what we don't think of when it's happening to us!!

Question, the body was in pieces? Or am I misunderstanding? We're any pieces missing & if so has that been made public yet? Out of the other missing children from the surrounding state, have any other children's bodies (specifically prepubescent girls) been found in this same manner?

To leave her backpack miles away is a taunt. What did that signify?

God I despise what our world is becoming. Sooo much!

Pease be with you Jessica darling. Deepest sympathies to her loved ones.

Officially: the body was not intact. That's all LE has released.
Bloggers, talking heads, TV folks have said other "words".
I go by LE and JMO

The backpack is left to be found. The remains in a relatively barren area where it could be found. Possibly dismembered. If this is a first kill, this guy might be going on a frenzy. His actions are very bold if this is a local and first time murderer. I think LE knows he will definitely strike again.

I think you're right. I also think he may have murdered before and the body wasn't found.

It really appears to me as if he's taunting LE & the community.

I've never really followed profiling carefully. Do child killers have a particular type of victim they go after? What I mean is, would the victims be in a certain age range & possibly resemble each other? I wonder if we should be looking at the missing children sites. Even if he's a local to the area now, he may be someone who moves around say, every few years for work.

This is just breaking my heart. I don't know how LE does it. My most sincere thanks to all of them.

Watching a repeat of JVM from earlier this eve. My husband and I both listened intently to what the neighbor across the street from Jessica's house said. She said Jessica's house is about a block and a half to Kirby Street and Kirby Park, and that you can see it from their houses. So, I'm bringing this up again....why has all the discussion centered around Chelsea Park?

I guess because Chelsea Park is where Jessica was supposed to meet her friend and then together they'd walk to school.

I haven't looked, what direction is Kirby Park from J's house?

I wonder if this perp ever uses a bike to scope out neighborhoods and parks. A bike would have been a great way to dump the backpack at night...it's fast, quiet, and can go down alleys, between buildings, cut through parking lots and trails. People who ride for exercise often venture far beyond their immediate neighborhood, so an unfamiliar person on a bike would not attract as much attention as a stranger in a car slowly cruising the neighborhood. He could also use the bike to keep an eye on searches and other police activity.

He would still need a vehicle for the kidnapping, but at least no one would remember having seen the vehicle hanging around in th days leading up to the crime.

I like MisterMayor's theory about hiking in to dump the body. It would be a huge risk to pull a vehicle over at the side of the road while placing the torso as it was. It would have been too heavy and unwieldy to put it in a huge backpack for a bike ride on well-traveled streets. A hiker could park in a remote area and hike cross-country even without a trail. The torso would be about half of her body weight I think, definitely manageable in a heavy-duty pack.

I wonder if he has lived overseas in the past? That might explain the lack of connecting his DNA to any known perps. They haven't come out and said this about no DNA matches. I am assuming that if they had a match to a known pervert or other crime which has been solved they would already be looking for a person with a name instead of a random psychopath in the neighborhood. I could be wrong!

MOO

I guess because Chelsea Park is where Jessica was supposed to meet her friend and then together they'd walk to school.

I haven't looked, what direction is Kirby Park from J's house?

I've googled it and cannot find a Kirby Street or Park. Maybe some of the locals refer to Chelsea Park as Kirby....but that doesn't help the fact that there appears to be no Kirby Street. This is too strange.

I don't have any kids myself. I am of the age where I was allowed to roam all over the neighborhood all day, as far as my feet or bike could take me. I feel really sad that it isn't safe any more. I drive Route 66 frequently and once I stopped in a small town to take a picture of an old gas station. A boy I'd guess between the age of 7-9 came by on his bike and asked me what I was doing. I told him about my Route 66 trip. He asked if he could go with me! I said it wouldn't be right for me to take him anywhere without his parents approval and it's not good to ride with people you don't know. Scary! This past summer I was in a small town in California and I was pulled over looking at my maps and a boy about the same age approached me and asked if I was lost, I said I had been for a moment but I looked at my maps and now I'm ok. I told him that was kind of him to help but in the future he might not want to get so close to a car with people in it he doesn't know. I hated having to tell him something like that but I felt it was right. In both cases there were no other people in sight. You'd think tiny small towns would be good places for kids to roam around, but you never know who is driving through and neither of these kids had any concern about talking to a stranger. Granted, I'm female and maybe seen as not threatening but it was still unsettling.

There is also an alternative explanation: both kids have good radars and had already (probably subconsciously) pegged you as a safe person to talk to.

And that is really what parents need to aim for in teaching their children. Teaching a child to be afraid of all strangers could lead to emotional damage as an adult but teaching children to assess people and not to be afraid to act on their inner voice telling them "something isn't right here" gives that child a skill that will be useful for their entire life without unnecessarily limiting their life due to irrational fear.

Was it ever mentioned whether Jessica had any siblings? (not that I think they would be involved) just curious.

He comes off as a relatively hard-working perp, since so many seem lazy and very undiciplined. He took some pretty extreme actions to hide or destroy evidence, but he seemed very limited in some ways. It indicates he had some time on his hands, but it was a finite period. He could be extremely meticulous for a while, but in the end, he had to hurry up. That's the impression I get.

On JVM program,guy just said the more demented this guy is the more clues he will give investigators! Get him LE.
Also some cell phones do not have removeable batteries now and ping GPS all the time. (droid,iphones)

Do you believe this person personally knows Jessica's family?
I read something interesting about an acquaintance of one of the family members, unless it's another person of the same name, that might fit your description. A somewhat radical minded person.

This is one element of this case that I don't get any strong impression on one way or the other. If I was guessing based upon my other presumptions, I would guess that he does NOT know Jessica well or at all, but may have been familiar with her routine (perhaps a neighbor or a delivery driver that serviced the area regularly) and likely selected her as a target at some point prior to the abduction.

I am just sick over this. And so sick of this happening to our innocent kids.

I think I must be the only one who feels like whoever did this is no longer in the area. I'm very sad to say I do not have a great feeling on confidence he will be found. :(

Sorry to be such a negative Nancy. :/

Does anyone from the area know if they are still searching the area where the little body was found?

He comes off as a relatively hard-working perp, since so many seem lazy and very undiciplined. He took some pretty extreme actions to hide or destroy evidence, but he seemed very limited in some ways. It indicates he had some time on his hands, but it was a finite period. He could be extremely meticulous for a while, but in the end, he had to hurry up. That's the impression I get.

I'm curious, what indications do you see that he was rushed in the end?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member