CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud to see that my state is one of them.

I'm a little upset that my state isn't one of them as well as the two neighboring states....there are a lot of cold cases in the PNW that could benefit from the DNA Saves law.

-----------------
They are pinto. I think that is why his bond is so high. He could be a Mr. Got~rocks. Im sure he sells many photos and not cheap. Will he sell many here?:jail:

http://www.wafb.com/story/16635022/convicted-baton-rouge-serial-killer-sells-artwork-from-prison

Website obtains, sells convicted killer's art

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
South Louisiana serial killer, Derrick Todd Lee's artwork has somehow slipped from behind his cell at death row. It is now on sale to the public and the mother of a victim he is suspected of murdering is outraged.

Convicted Serial Killer: Derrick Todd Lee

Lee's drawings are listed for sale on a website that advertises and sells inmate artwork. Angola Prison Warden Burl Cane says he was surprised to hear Lee's work was posted there.

If you scroll down JS's fb page, you'll see a set of photos titled "Seeing Red" posted on Feb 13. It is creepy!

I am not looking at the pic...

but seeing red... As in feb. 14th... Valentine's Day?

I didn't hear or read this. Do you have a link? TIA.

------------------
This was stated at the end of the press conference on Fridayabout 5:30. That is when a man of authority said whoever did it spent a lot of time with the dismemberment, knew what he was doing. Right away I thought check local butchers.I will look for it , they ladies here for awhile can tell you I am dumb at that. I am truthful though.:floorlaugh::seeya:

I am so praying that LE can find Jessica's killer quickly.

If LE finds that this other perp (JPS) is related to Jessica's case, it would be such a relief. I want this perp off the streets!

As far as the 2 tree pics go, JPS has NUMEROUS tree photos on his FB, which is public. For some reason, they all make me feel very strange.

Can someone please give me a quick update? I heard that they arrested the guy in WY - no connection? Anyone know how they found him? Any other new updates on Jessica?

Also, any guesses why might LE decide to not tell us how the girl in WY got away? I would think that could be valuable information to share with the public to help others fight off abductors. TIA

According to Gavin de Becker, knowing how one person fought off a specific abductor isn't much use if you are abducted yourself.

The reason is that perps vary. There are some that if you fight back, the perp will back off and may even run (Ingmar Guandique was apparently one of them; at least two women fought him off after he'd killed Chandra Levy). There are other perps that will intensify the sadism of their attack if the victim fights back.

Gavin de Becker's advice? Listen to the voice within and in an emergency, act on it without second guessing yourself.

There's a whole lot more good information and advice in his book The Gift of Fear.

Walker007, I prefer to call it venting...

Yes, I will second that sentiment. I am sure they have quite the amount of evidence on him. But in our country we are all still innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law. But it looks pretty darn damning considering the WY arrest and the fact he lived in the town up from Westminster where Jessica went missing. So, he has more than a friend who lived there, he lived there as well. His photos fit the sketch so well. Eerie.

Would it save confusion and hurt feelings to have a third thread comparing the two?

According to Gavin de Becker, knowing how one person fought off a specific abductor isn't much use if you are abducted yourself.

The reason is that perps vary. There are some that if you fight back, the perp will back off and may even run (Ingmar Guandique was apparently one of them; at least two women fought him off after he'd killed Chandra Levy). There are other perps that will intensify the sadism of their attack if the victim fights back.

Gavin de Becker's advice? Listen to the voice within and in an emergency, act on it without second guessing yourself.

There's a whole lot more good information and advice in his book The Gift of Fear.
Great Book!

I think that since we know very little about who LE is investigating in Jessica's case, posters tend to gravitate towards any info about similar cases. I don't think anyone is intending to be rude or take us off course. Seems to me that LE started out by saying JPS was NOT related to Jessica's case but most recently have stated that they will not say if he is or not. Did I get that part right? I hesitate to say for sure since I have been playing catch-up all evening.

Boy these threads are flying...I am so far behind....

Headed to Orlando tomorrow. Does any one know the address on Surburban Drive that is Caylee Anthony final resting place...I would like to stop by and leave a prayer..

Dear God Please Bless the Family and Friends of Jessica..let her soar with Caylee and all the other Angels

True. My bad....guess I'll mosey along until Jessica and HER case is the focus of the thread again.

Somebody outside of WS must have suggested that these two cases may be related, as my cousin, in Aurora, CO, has been forwarding me updates in the JR case. Prior to JR being found she sent me information regarding the suspect and car in the WY case. I too wondered why, yet now it doesn't seem so out of the norm that media or LE possibly made the connection, and wanted the public to also.

KMGH-jessica-ridgeway_20121012151521_320_240.GIF

http://media2.kshb.com//photo/2012/10/12/KMGH-jessica-ridgeway_20121012151521_320_240.GIF

Breaks my heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member