GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searchers that had been at Larch Mtn. are now showing up at Troutdale apartment to help look for evidence

A5mr-itCYAEavtu.jpg

http://twitter.com/KyleIboshi/status/259427544502263808/photo/1

Yay, glad they answered that question!

Did you get the feeling that some of the reporters asking questions have been reading our posts here at WS?

:)seeya: at reporters)

My theory on the short gas trip is from experience. Since you have to wait while the attendant serves you, what happens is this: You hand your card and say "fill it up with unleaded please" or 10 gallons or whatever you need. And then what happens is they start your process and then move on to other cars while your gas is filling. Your gas gets done but you sit in your car and wait for them to come back to you. Sometimes a long time - it depends how busy they are.

They ONLY stay at your car if you ask for a little amount. Because then they stand there and watch the quick 3 or 4 gallons rush by on the meter and then they are done. They don't move to other cars during the process. So you learn if you are in a big hurry you better ask for a little bit of gas and get the rest later.

That is why I think the driver asked for a small amount. In and out as quickly as possible. Just my hunch.

This makes sense. What I can't get my head round is according to the timeline (I think!) the trips to Dodge Park and MT Larch were before the gas stop at 9:14am.

What was the rush? Do we have info where the SUV was between the gas station at 9:14 and it being dumped at Walmart at 11:17?

I'm confusing myself with this case.

My theory on the short gas trip is from experience. Since you have to wait while the attendant serves you, what happens is this: You hand your card and say "fill it up with unleaded please" or 10 gallons or whatever you need. And then what happens is they start your process and then move on to other cars while your gas is filling. Your gas gets done but you sit in your car and wait for them to come back to you. Sometimes a long time - it depends how busy they are.

They ONLY stay at your car if you ask for a little amount. Because then they stand there and watch the quick 3 or 4 gallons rush by on the meter and then they are done. They don't move to other cars during the process. So you learn if you are in a big hurry you better ask for a little bit of gas and get the rest later.

That is why I think the driver asked for a small amount. In and out as quickly as possible. Just my hunch.

So that means the prep is not a random one who hasn't planned. He has a plan and the target is obviously Whitney.

Also, the prep knows all the local places well and must be an insider or a worker/laborer who has accessed these places and made a note of it.

The place where the cellphone is found - Is that a drug dealing place? What does LE mean by saying it is frequented by 'transients'?

Homeless people??

Wouldn't the parents of the kids tell the kids not to hang out in such places?

Does anyone know what side the gas tank is on with her truck?

Someone in Thread#1 told us it was on the driver's side of the SUV. This would mean the attendant could barely see Whitney if he actually did. He wouldn't see her at all while pumping the actual gas and maybe (just maybe) noticed her head on as he approached their car.

Typically the attendant would come to the driver window, driver lowers window (could just be barely) gives the card and the instructions (gallons/unleaded). Attendant swipes the card hollers back over his shoulder to ask zip (isn't looking at you, he is looking at the pump). Then he sets the pump and either walks away to other cars or finishes yours quickly because you asked for a small amount.

While pumping this SUV, Whitney would be way up in the front passenger part of the vehicle (while attendant is at rear driver side staring at the pump meter to stop on the exactly 4gallons or $limit given by the driver). Windows are dark. Whitney is smaller than the seat she is in front of; etc. An attendant probably didn't see too terribly much even under the best of circumstances. (Unless they saw eye to eye from the front windshield as he approached the first time to greet that car).

Hope that helped!

Well I guess LE must know a lot, since they are not asking for any help at all. Hope they know what they are doing. Keeping so mum hasn't always worked out in cases of missing young women.

Whitney's Starbucks is not in a strip center. It is a free standing building near the Dairy Queen. There are lots of Starbucks in a very small radius area out there so many people have posted various addresses and photos of Starbucks locations. Since you said shopping center I wasn't sure if you knew which one she worked at! Sorry if I misread your note - not sure.

BTW, I cannot even remember now how I finally was certain which Starbucks it was - what, with all the variations being posted over the past couple of days!

Starbucks, 2233 Northeast Burnside Road, Gresham, OR 97030, United States

Thank you for the correct addy. I fixed it on my map. Crazy they are so close together.

This makes sense. What I can't get my head round is according to the timeline (I think!) the trips to Dodge Park and MT Larch were before the gas stop at 9:14am.

What was the rush? Do we have info where the SUV was between the gas station at 9:14 and it being dumped at Walmart at 11:17?

Wild speculation: maybe he was in a rush because he was in need of his drug fix? Say the guy's withdrawing and needs to buy a fix with money forcibly taken from Whitney. Maybe he thinks he can find a dealer at Dodge Park or MT Larch. (Are these sketchy areas known to host lowlifes?) Bit early in the morning for a drug transaction, so maybe he doesn't find anyone dealing. So he turns around and goes back into town (stopping for gas) to look for other likely sources.

Being in withdrawal would also explain why he was in a hell of a hurry at the various gas stations (barring the obvious fact that if Whitney was with him, he was probably also nervous that she'd alert the attendants to her plight).

It would definitely be risky but if it was his first violent crime, maybe...

maybe she was in the back on the folded down seats? the windows were tinted so the gas guy wouldn't necessarily see anything amiss. that would explain his nervousness and hurrying through multiple gas stops to get back to near his own car or the bus stop?

http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/SorPublic/Web.dll/main

If you search Gresham or Troutdale, the local sex offenders show. Someone posted this earlier and I thought I'd share it again. There is a homeless man listed with kidnapping in his background. I don't know if I'm breaking websleuth rules by mentioning him.. I'm wondering how hard it must be for LE to locate a transient since they know the back roads and forest areas generally well. Remember Elizabeth Smart? I hope this turns out like hers and she is alive somewhere...

:waitasec: COULD THE PERP BE DUMB ENOUGH TO THINK THAT REPLACING THE FUEL HE/SHE HAD USED, would hide the fact that the SUV had been driven that far?

As in not thinking husband would see the odometer? or tripometer?

Where was perp from 9:15am to 11:15am (ish)? I wonder!

Just driving around? In town? hmm

I think this may be her car. I was able to stand next to the passenger's side window and clearly see beads hanging from her mirror. I also saw that this model is an XLT. Do we know if she was driving an XLT?

I looked back at the first Streetview images that oushkaboo found of her car parked by their apartment (back in the first thread, post#153). This is a closeup of the rear of the Explorer. Looks like it's an XLT:
http://goo.gl/maps/y2U6u

From the the front, you can see the beads hanging from the rearview mirror:
http://goo.gl/maps/PSfw0

Quoted from Caring Citizen:

LE says they know Whitney’s vehicle was at Dodge Park and Larch Mountain (east of Gresham/Troutdale) prior to the next timestamp at the gas station.
Route from Starbucks (or could have been her house equally close by) to Dodge Park and then on to Larch Mountain (both places uncovered evidence that is currently mum) http://goo.gl/maps/51Hph

Note in the above route that it takes just 21 minutes (10 miles) to get to Dodge Park and then it takes another 41 minutes (19 miles) to get to Larch because you essentially have to go back to central Gresham/Trouydale and go back out another way.

Route from Larch Mountain to Gas Station to McMenamin’s/TroutdaleTerrace shared field area (where the phone was found) and on to Walmart http://goo.gl/maps/LHpZN

Notice how once you get back into the central area, points B (gas) to C (phone dump) to D (SUV Walmart) are all very close together.

SUMMARY TIMELINE

• 6:45am Left the house (alone or not; willingly or not)

• 7:00ish to 9:00ish am (SUV and/or Whitney and/or her phone) was east of Gresham/Troutdale at Larch and Dodge according to LE (didn’t say how known: is it gps on her SUV; is it ping from her phone; is it visual sighting of her; is it ping from perp’s phone)
8:00ish to 8:15ish am Starbucks called Clint on his cell phone

Sometime after that Clint called Whitney’s parents (from where, no one has said)
• 9:14am ATM card used at gas station (attendant uses card in the pump/no one goes inside)
Small amt of gas bought (this ensures attendant is quick and doesn’t go to other customers)

Pumps work like RedBox (slide card, enter zip code, that’s it; atm cards work like credit cards in the pump but are a debit; no pin required but zip code is)

No clear proof the attendant saw Whitney but if he did and she was in the car, she wasn’t afraid enough of the driver to bail out of the car in this public place of potential freedom

Her phone ends up a mile away and her car just a couple more past that
Snipped for brevity.

Based on this very good information you put together, it appears that there are only *about* 25 minutes unaccounted for if both park areas were visited prior to the gas station appearance at 9:14 AM.

6:45 AM ---> 21 minutes to Dodge ---> 21 minutes back ---> 41 minutes to Larch ---> 41 minutes back = 8:49 AM

:waitasec: COULD THE PERP BE DUMB ENOUGH TO THINK THAT REPLACING THE FUEL HE/SHE HAD USED, would hide the fact that the SUV had been driven that far?

As in not thinking husband would see the odometer? or tripometer?

Where was perp from 9:15am to 11:15am (ish)? I wonder!

Just driving around? In town? hmm

I really don't know. I just find it weird that if we have the timeline correct right now LE have given us quite a lot of info for 06:45 to 9:14 and then a 2 hour blank until the 11:17 Walmart dump.

I have to wonder why.

Well I guess LE must know a lot, since they are not asking for any help at all. Hope they know what they are doing. Keeping so mum hasn't always worked out in cases of missing young women.

Agree since there is no release of any surveillance video...

Just out of curiosity, when you report someone missing, does LE come to your house, or do they take the info over the phone??

TIA!

She obviously gave up the pin # and control of the truck, so why did the perp even bother taking her at all if the motive was a carjacking/robbery?
I think this was about her. She was the target, not her car or $.
Jmo...

Interestingly, for gas in Oregon you don't give a PIN#. Even if it is your bank debit card, it treats it like a credit card at the machine (meaning no pin required) at the pump. However, most of the time you do have to give your zip code. Zips are a lot easier than pins to obtain, as we all know.

I'm not on the social networks because of their flagrant abuses (and the practice is snowballing) of peoples' privacy but from what various sleuths said in Thread#1 of this case, they had so much access to Whitney's FB page that it didn't appear she was using very many controls, if any, on the site.

(BTW, even if you are ultra cautious and do lock down your social pages, and even if you never accept a single app request in all your time on there, still - ALL apps of your friends and ALL apps of your friends of friends get ALL of your personal data - even if they are some small third party fly by night working in their garage in godknowswhere. It is shocking and out of control. The US needs to more closely consider Europe's lead on privacy and the Internet. Sorry for the off-topic tributary rant on social media privacy nightmares)!

Thread#1 posters pointed out that they could glean an enormous amount about Whitney's personal life (work, home, gym, groups, friends, family, dreams, desires, worries, health, and more) just from the public settings on FB and how she uses the site. Adding: Hence, a ton of people would have access to her zip code but hardly a soul to her PIN#.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson