CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
Otto, I was looking for the same post! I read it too. He has Public Defenders and I'm glad. I dont think they will horse around as much as a hired atty.. They are good. I nearly fell over when I read he asked for release on bond. He chopped the sweet girl up for gods sake and he should get bond? he should never see the light of day!!! :denied:

That part was bizarre ... he was asking if he could go home until there was a trial ... somehow, his CSI games didn't prepare him for the reality of "culpability=jail".

Wow did he want to be caught?

I don't think he wanted to be caught but they did the neighborhood invesigation. He had to comply or it would have been odd. That must have something to do with the conversation with the mom. JMO

I'm sort of new around here ... briefly followed a local case or two before, but not this much ... I sort of get the rules, but sort of not. The info about bankruptcy, no. of bedrooms, etc is verifiable fact. Yet rampant speculation that the parents did drugs when pregnant, never paid attention to their kids, allowed them access to *advertiser censored*, etc ... judge judge judge judge, but no one really knows?

I know that his dad bought a house with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and 5 acres in 2000 (well, I'm pretty sure, assuming MSM showed the right one). It's much more creepy to sit and point fingers at parenting styles when you have really no clue....

Thanks.I guess maybe I just have a different idea of what sleuthing is than normal people. :waitasec: To me posting about all of the speculations isn't sleuthing, it's gossiping. To me, sleuthing is digging up information that is verifiable, and true. I did realize after posting my original question that the rule isn't that you can't sleuth suspects who are minors, it's that you can't post their full names. I'm sure there's still a lot I don't understand, but I won't know what it is until I run across it. I've read the TOS a few times, but I still forget some of it after reading 30-50 pages of posts!

Honestly, I know it can look like finger pointing and gossip, even. But a lot of it is people come here to cope. I can speak for myself, anyway.

I think that is why majority of us are here. I was told today that if someone looked at my browsing history it would be strange, but for me it is a way to cope. Because I cannot understand how horrific people can be, I can read about them to keep myself and my child safe. "The more you know"

You guys may have covered this- and if so please just point me to the post- sorry, I'm catching up- but I read he is charged with TWO counts of first degree murder.. where did the 2nd charge come from?
This is so said- for everyone involved.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks to you and to izzybizzy. I quit HS and immediately took my GED test so that I could work full time and save up to prepare for the birth of my adult son....

That must have hurt.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Ouch)

And if he was shown in a lineup, the jogger could identify him.

If you are any kind of mother, a mom just knows. Always. Even if your child sneaks an ice cream sandwich.

I don't think anyone wants to believe their kid has a problem. But after the fact, it's undeniable. And sad. And overwhelming. I'm sure.

Sorry I have been reading too long, and apparently can no longer phrase questions correctly. Did they search his house in the beginning of the investigation?

My understanding is that investigators did a house to house neighborhood search. During that search they looked in his mother's house, where he lives, took a DNA sample from him, and carried on. They did not smell, or see, human remains in the house.

The killer is caught and hopefully we can have a swift resolution to the legal process and this guy can be locked up. The Great grandmother said on NG that life in CO is 40 years which is scary if that is true and he can be out at 57. If true that is the law LE is probably scrambling to charge him w other attacks as well to keep him away and not have the terms runn concurrently.

In any event LE and we as a society need to stop these attacks before they happen. The fact of the matter is if LE had caught the Kercher Lake attacker JR would be going trick or treating next week. And she's not.

On NG, neighbors implied they had no clue on the Kercher lake attack. Maybe there was a segment on local news but it was a busy Memorial Day weekend where people do not watch the news. And then it went away from the spotlight. It seems like there was little guidance to the community.

It appears there was no letter sent to schoolchildren that such an attack happened a few months ago a few blocks from school. I wonder if JR mother even knew of the attack. There was no canvass of the homes by Kercher lake asking for dNA or I don't think even information.

Maybe LE routinely receives notice of lots of these attacks. Sometimes you hear on the news people cry wolf to get attention or people think that the report of the attack is overblown. And they dismiss it. LE is overridden w work and less attention is paid to these attempts.

We have to start taking these attempts seriously and doing all we can to catch the perp of these attempts, the attempts need to be kept in the news, and we need to end this.

The fact of the matter is that these perps try and try again, it is Not the case that say, hey, I tried to kidnap 3 times, maybe that is not a good hobby for me, let's get back to gardening. No, they try till they succeed, just like here, Chandra Levy, and countless other cases.

There have been a few attempts in CO just the past month and we need to stay viligance to prevent the next AS. When we started October, just three weeks ago, we had Jessica, Whitney and Autumn, and now all 3 and others are not here for absolutely no reason,

Someone had asked how the mom or brother couldn't know he had the body parts there.

Look at the Craigslist killer. His fiancee had no idea there was a 9 mm under the bed or zip ties and 16 pair of women's underwear under their mattress.

The mom probably works, the brother is at school and Austin very likely dismembered Jessica in the bathtub and cleaned the place up with a lot of bleach. He might have even gave his mom and brother a line about experimenting with something for school if they smelled the strong odor of bleach….if that is how it went down. He hid the body in the car until he left at night to go throw it in the open space.

I don't own a home with a crawlspace, so I have no idea what kind of a hiding place that is, but I can tell you that I have a walk in attic that is off my daughter's room. She and my son were hiding cupcakes and twinkies in there that they brought home from their grandma's house so they could have late night snacks.

I didn't know about their little stash for months. Found the third round of snacks when I went to get the halloween decorations down.

I don't have the floor plan for AS' house, but more than likely, there is at least a mudroom with a large utility type sink in the basement/poss.laundry room.

The crawl space in my house is in the basement in the area under the basement steps and garage. It's a cemented area where pipes/ductwork and electrical wiring run, but also allows for storage if your willing to "crawl" back there. You can't stand up there ergo: crawl space.

You're lucky the mice didn't find your kids stash before YOU did!!!

My understanding is that investigators did a house to house neighborhood search. During that search they looked in his mother's house, where he lives, took a DNA sample from him, and carried on. They did not smell, or see, human remains in the house.

MOO she wasn't there when they searched. I don't know where but that is a little unsettling to me.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/296133/339/Home-searched-Sigg-interviewed-weeks-ago

now they say there is a gag order in the case per this video from 9news?

I'd like to know that too, sounds like they may have suspected something.

They said at the Presser naming Sigg that there was a gag order in place.

Hmmmmm... I read earlier that the defense asked for BOTH the records sealed and a gag order, but that the judge only granted the sealing of records, but NOT to issue a gag order.. I'll have to search back thru my browser history and see which local media site reported that there was no gag order..

BRB..

ETA: Ok found it
Sigg's defense asked the judge to put all documents in the case under seal and issue a gag order, according to KMGH. The judge sealed the documents, but did not issue a gag order.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-ridgeway-murder-suspect-austin-sigg-calm-court/story?id=17558599

Wow, that must have been one heck of a birth!:floorlaugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:floorlaugh: I didn't see your post, made the very same joke, though. Glad I'm not the only sicko ..

What about that link someone posted a couple days ago from the MPN website? I guess it was Tuesday night, the night before his arrest was made public. It was the article that listed Jessica as being 12years old. In the article it said that a reader sent the website a tip saying a neighbor of Jessica's had taken a recent interest in religion and I believe they recognized the cross. The MPN website said they verified the info and passed it onto LE/FBI. It was discussed here but then the next day hours later the news broke. The timing seems to match. I wonder if it was legit and if so who the person was who emailed the site?

I am the one who posted that link . It was interesting and then voila...an arrest was made . http://missingpersonsnews.com/archives/5469

He could have his own bathroom in his bedroom. Making things easier for him to not get caught. Also, glad I have a foam mattress...no hiding places.. :) and I turn it once a week.

Here is the info regarding Sigg's unkempt cats:

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE (via phone): They have always have cats they haven`t taken very good care of. And the cats would get out. And I`ve always had big dogs, and the cats would come in the yard. So I, you know, ask him to come get his cats. He was polite. Come and got the cat. No problem. Said he`d keep the cats home.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/24/ijvm.01.html

I'm sort of new around here ... briefly followed a local case or two before, but not this much ... I sort of get the rules, but sort of not. The info about bankruptcy, no. of bedrooms, etc is verifiable fact. Yet rampant speculation that the parents did drugs when pregnant, never paid attention to their kids, allowed them access to *advertiser censored*, etc ... judge judge judge judge, but no one really knows?

I know that his dad bought a house with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and 5 acres in 2000 (well, I'm pretty sure, assuming MSM showed the right one). It's much more creepy to sit and point fingers at parenting styles when you have really no clue....

----------------
Hi, I read his mom filed bankruptcy in March or May of this year. It was in one of the newspapers.
i wanted to say on the topic of odor, my mom died at 10 15pm. I was at work. I went to the nursing home when I got out, about 10 minutes later. I just sat by her bed for about 3 hours, (middle of the night). There was no odor at all at that time. That was nearly 4 hrs. if he removed the torso (oh god) the rest may not have smelled yet. A crawl space usually has a dirt floor maybe about 3 ft. high.:seeya:

Someone earlier mentioned getting her downstairs.

Austin referred to a "crawl space". This is typically a space under the home where there is a perma frost 4' below grade basement. The house may have had a basement, but it may only been half as wide as the floor plan ... maybe furnace, hot water, electrical, and crawl space ... concrete ... but only 4 feet in height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member