CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, when you are searching these homes, why wouldn't you check the crawl space? What if Jessica was alive, and she was being held in there, bound and gagged? Or just too scared to yell out? Remember Jessica Lunsford? I thought after that case, they are supposed to look a little closer.

I concor. I also remember a child in Fla who was kidnapped and was in a closet when LE came to question the occupants. :moo:

I don't think anyone did this but him

Yeah, he is described as a loner, right? You would have to have a very very very BFFF to do this with, wouldn't you?? I don't know, I guess I don't think that way, but I'd have to really really really trust the other.... Honor among thieves, though, so who knows.

Sigh, okay, a I suppose I earned that.

Alas, for want of a word that word being NOW adult son

:rolleyes:
with the pages and pages of disturbing content we've been reading, your post made me laugh, I took a break from reading for about 20 minutes and left my computer smiling, so a big thank you for that!! :laugh:

What astounds me is the apparent composure, even perhaps cockiness:dunno: , that he seems to be showing now. At 17, you would expect some kind of emotion to be evident. You wouldn't expect him to be making eye contact with Jessica's family. You wouldn't expect him to be concerned about his appearance.

He is not behaving 'normally', which just shows that he's not.
:moo:

Is there a link about any other murders being looked into? Another posted that there is and I cannot find anything on a MSM about it? Sorry if I overlooked the link, but I can't find anything.

Can most crawl spaces be accessed from inside the house?

In my experience in CO, yes. I know when we lived in VA, some crawl spaces were accessed from outside. (I had a friend who discovered a bum had moved into hers, sleeping bag, cooler, the works. It was freaky. They closed it up after that, obviously.)

Is there a link about any other murders being looked into? Another posted that there is and I cannot find anything on a MSM about it? Sorry if I overlooked the link, but I can't find anything.

The Judge has issued a gag order.......no more police info for awhile.

Ok, here is my crawl space. It is in the basement, but the basement has been finished, so the door is behind the bathroom door.

photo-6.jpg

photo1.jpg

That makes sense ... so behind that door is only developed to 4 feet below grade ... 4' is the building code requirement in areas where there is permafrost.

Why would investigators get any sense that something was off with Austin? His father was a career criminal with flaunting the law, stealing from many, beating on family members until there were restraining orders ... Austin probably knew exactly how to appear innocent and calm ... just like Joran van der Sloot.

I was just throwing out a general question about the kid.....did he show any signs of nervousness that type thing.

What astounds me is the apparent composure, even perhaps cockiness:dunno: , that he seems to be showing now. At 17, you would expect some kind of emotion to be evident. You wouldn't expect him to be making eye contact with Jessica's family. You wouldn't expect him to be concerned about his appearance.

He is not behaving 'normally', which just shows that he's not.
:moo:
Socio or psychopath have no emotions in that regard. Why would it be hard for him to lie or stare at the family.

I'm not sure if it's that exposure to these things have "explosively negative results" so much as it is that people who are likely to commit these heinous crimes are also likely to enjoy that type of entertainment. It doesn't mean that everybody who likes it will eventually rape, torture or murder anyone, but there's a good chance that those who do have enjoyed watching it done in movies, games, books, etc. before they got to the point of actually doing it themselves.

For the most part I agree with you. But I do think that when very very young kids are exposed to violence and torture *advertiser censored*, they may be much more negatively affected than someone whose sexual identity has already formed.

When my husband came across some '*advertiser censored*' on our 16 yr old sons laptop, he called me upstairs to show it to me. I was afraid to look, but it was basically a few pages of ' hot young cheerleaders' kissing each other and sitting on each others laps. It actually gave me a sense of relief, because it told me that his basic sexual persona was already kind of formed around a 'normal' type of sexual response. He was 16, so looking at 18 yr old cheerleaders kissing was an obvious turn on. I would have been devastated to find him hiding pictures of violent, sadistic stuff. But I would also have kept a much closer eye on his activities I suppose.

So I do agree that it is more likely that a violent aggressive person would choose to look at violent aggressive pictures and videos. But I also think we need to protect our very young, unformed minds, from accessing that stuff. And far too many 10 yr old are watching R and X rated films at home or at friends homes or on cable. And that is exactly when they are forming their sexual tastes. We all want our kids to have healthy sexual urges. It is much easier for them to be turned on by the person they love so they can form healthy, productive relationships. But if young kids get prematurely sexualized by sadistic images seen on SAW 2 or Texas Chain Saw Massacre, they may think they need that kind of twisted stimulatuon to be aroused. And that is what helps drive this voracious appetite for violent *advertiser censored*.

From what I know, yes. In my house it is at least.

So all they had to do was open a door. What does searching a house consist of? Making sure there isn't blood splatter everywhere? In Jessica Lunsford's case, she was being held in a closet. Police missed her because they just did a quick peek in each room. Why you would not open doors of rooms, closets, crawl-spaces, etc? What if Jessica was being held?

There would be huge outrage if Jessica was still alive when they were searching the home. Why is it okay that they didn't check the crawlspace (Just open a door) because she was already dead?

If LE suspected him/were on to him weeks ago, I am wondering why they:

1. Didn't rush his DNA through the database.
2. Didn't get a search warrant to search his house more in-depth. Maybe they would, you know, find Jessica's body.
3. Let a dangerous predator who committed a first-degree murder of a child he didn't even know live among the people of Denver for weeks.

This is a media report.le has not said these things.

I'm a mother and I know when they are fibbing about the 1 minute brushing your teeth rule. But, I'm sorta OCD about things. Oh and I'd know if an icecream sandwich was taken, that's probably the one thing - because it's my secret stash, hidden in a spot in the freezer they never look .sshhh don't tell ;)
I'd like to think I would be aware if this is going on, more so if my kids had been in any trouble at all before. Dropping out, *advertiser censored* addiction, but maybe they backed off because he was getting good grades and "going somewhere" or they worked a lot and at 17 (I have a 17 year old), a lot of privacy is given. I don't know. I'm not his parents and can't speak for them.

There is nothing like telling your mom I killed somebody....

I realise it's not hard for him. That was my point. I even think he may have enjoyed looking them in the eye.

I have a son who is almost 17. When I told him about Jessica and what this <insert appropriate noun> did to her, he was horrified. THAT is a normal reaction.

Sorry, sometimes my written words don't come out with the same meaning I want them to have. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow