GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byron and the Rock River are just right off Highway 2. And Highway 2 runs just west of where her car was located. If it's her, it seems that the body was dumped either north of Byron, where the highway runs very close to the river, or in the exact spot where it was found.

The bad news is that it's going to be up to forensic evidence now. And I'm a little worried that there won't be enough evidence for a conviction.

By the way, it would be difficult to throw anything of substantial size into the heart of the river from the shore. Tossing something from the river bank is probably going to limit how far it can travel.

Anyone know how much a body would decompose if it was in a river for 2 weeks?

Definitely depends on the water temperature. Cooler water preserves the body more. After a week or so the body would start to loosen up and even fall apart.

I do hope Katrina has been found, as I do not believe she is alive, or has been since October 22nd. Justice moves more efficiently when the victim is located.

Was there a rumor at some point that some pants had been found, or did I imagine that?

I am trying to work that out in my head, too!

No pants on body...

then I deduce there IS a top on the body...

Is it red... Like Katrina had on night she went missing?

Clu... You might be thinking of the jacket that was found recently...

We still don't know if it is Katrina's... AFAIK...

I don't remember hearing about any pants...

but I may have missed it...

HTH

By the way, it would be difficult to throw anything of substantial size into the heart of the river from the shore. Tossing something from the river bank is probably going to limit how far it can travel.

They redid Route 2 recently, and put in a couple of boat launches and picnic areas. She didn't have to go in on the 2 side, River Road on the south side of the river runs just as close.

No one in Byron that I've heard, and that's where our church is. Biggest news down there was the McDonalds opened last week!

orry... Had to laugh about the McDonald's..

we're getting a new In-N-Out... And from all the work trucks, etc...

You'd think they are building a new airport!:floorlaugh:

Sorry for O/T. ...

carry on...:seeya:

Byron and the Rock River are just right off Highway 2. And Highway 2 runs just west of where her car was located. If it's her, it seems that the body was dumped either north of Byron, where the highway runs very close to the river, or in the exact spot where it was found.

The bad news is that it's going to be up to forensic evidence now. And I'm a little worried that there won't be enough evidence for a conviction.

Looks like about 26 miles from where her car was found, to the place the body was discovered. You can see the dam near Davis Park in Rockford.

But who knows (if it is her), the body could have been put in the water anywhere after the dam.

http://goo.gl/maps/X4U3i

Waiting impatiently to find out who it is, even though it is likely to take a while.
:waiting:

My heartfelt condolences to this woman's loved ones, whoever they might be.
:cry:

Is there a bridge close from where the body could've been thrown down?

Need to keep an eye on possible informal POI's at a time like this.

While LE hasn't made public that they are even looking at someone as a suspect they have to be and they have to watch them now as it may be a flight risk situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member