New Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody has their own way of handling their grief. Not everybody can show emotions so easily, but I've seen quite a few who were criticized for turning on the tears too many times, so I would like to know who wrote the rule book for this kind of situation, and where can I buy it?

I know white trash, I live in the South. They're lazy, they couldn't hold a job if they tried, they live off welfare and food stamps, and shack up with their cousins, and drink moonshine. Billie Dunn isn't even close.

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

Everybody has their own way of handling their grief. Not everybody can show emotions so easily, but I've seen quite a few who were criticized for turning on the tears too many times, so I would like to know who wrote the rule book for this kind of situation, and where can I buy it?

I know white trash, I live in the South. They're lazy, they couldn't hold a job if they tried, they live off welfare and food stamps, and shack up with their cousins, and drink moonshine. Billie Dunn isn't even close.

IMO. A mother of a missing child who posted a picture (on a Hailer fb page) of herself climbing on a man wearing a g string just might qualify. Don't bother to go look, it's been deleted from that page, but you can find it elsewhere

IMO. A mother of a missing child who posted a picture (on a Hailer fb page) of herself climbing on a man wearing a g string just might qualify. Don't bother to go look, it's been deleted from that page, but you can find it elsewhere

What?

Tugela, this post sounds critical of parents who "show" their pain. As though they are doing that to entertain the public. Was this your intent?

It is not them that is entertaining, it is the TV producers and news people who choose them in particular to generate viewership. They get selected because they can be depended on to put on an emotional display, which creates emotive responses in viewers. That generates ratings.

Any parent that doesn't do that will probably see their childs case not covered extensively, unless they themselves are the target of suspicion.

That is just how it works, it is not a moral judgement. You should not think that because most of the parents you see on TV behave a certain way, that all should behave that way. You are being shown them precisely because they are behaving that way.

It is all about ratings when it comes to the media.

Sitting on my hands ...

Sometimes the repertoire never changes; leopards changing spots and all that. ;) IMHO

No, I am not.

dunn3.jpg

THIS kinda show?? Of course, there are some other pictures of her 'putting on a show' but THOSE pics can't be posted here. KWIM

It's not so straightforward for me.
If a victim's family shows a lot of appropriate emotion I may empathize more but if they act strange and cold I may find myself tuning in to and seeking out their next interview far more often because I'm puzzled by the coldness and want to make sense of it.

In my opinion, BJD did see Hailey as a rival. In pictures, after Hailey is "grown," there is much less bodily contact between BJD and her. Conversely, I see, and it's quite obvious, that BJD is extremely close to her son David. There are numerous photos where she is hugging him, touching him etc.
I remember seeing a post she had on one of the several "Hailey" sites. It was one of those photo things that said something about loving her children. She mentioned David, but nothing of Hailey. That made me feel a bit strange, like she had forgotten that she even had a daughter. I believe, and this is my opinion only, but it speaks to her overall makeup...she sees females as rivals, and she dotes on males.

In my opinion, BJD did see Hailey as a rival. In pictures, after Hailey is "grown," there is much less bodily contact between BJD and her. Conversely, I see, and it's quite obvious, that BJD is extremely close to her son David. There are numerous photos where she is hugging him, touching him etc.
I remember seeing a post she had on one of the several "Hailey" sites. It was one of those photo things that said something about loving her children. She mentioned David, but nothing of Hailey. That made me feel a bit strange, like she had forgotten that she even had a daughter. I believe, and this is my opinion only, but it speaks to her overall makeup...she sees females as rivals, and she dotes on males.

When you look at pictures of BJD/BJO at the time Hailey went missing there is a startling contrast between her and SA. IMHO http://www.facesofmeth.us/main.htm

THIS kinda show?? Of course, there are some other pictures of her 'putting on a show' but THOSE pics can't be posted here. KWIM

That is entirely the point. The media only pick up a story if there is viewer interest. For there to be viewer interest the characters on display have to behave in a way that will hold audience attention. That might be lots of wailing, it might be becoming activist, or it might be behaving in a way considered unbecoming. Ideally the parents should be able to hold a conversation so they make for decent interviews, if they are semi literate they have little hope of more than passing coverage.

If someone is missing it also helps if it is the right demographic. Something like 60% of people who go missing are black males, but do you ever see any of those stories on the media? Any at all? No. The missing persons cases that get coverage are usually white females, in particular if they are young and/or blonde. Helps if the parents are wealthy or elite as well, because seeing the rich suffer sells well.

HD's case gets attention because BD is a strong reasonably attractive woman who is married but has a live in boy toy. That is fairly unusual to the point of being mildly scandalous, so it makes for good fodder to hold audience interest, especially among the middle aged female segment who are particularly interested in cases like this. Plus, HD falls into the young blonde female category, which is ideal for the media. For a case where police know absolutely nothing, it sure gets a lot of attention.

Now, who else gets involved in cases like this? You will see the regulars who routinely pop up apparently inserting themselves into the situation. It is allways the same people. And sometimes wannabes looking for their 15 minutes. Not a whole lot of them are particularly objective and they essentially say the same thing every time.

When you see the same story repeating over and over and over, you get cynical. As far as the media is concerned, it is pretty clear that this is all just a form of entertainment and they play it to the full to pull in viewership and the advertising revenue that follows. That is why we have shows like NG, and in fact that entire TV channel for that matter.

I have yet to see ANY of these people actually do anything constructive in these cases other than talk about it.

That is entirely the point. The media only pick up a story if there is viewer interest. For there to be viewer interest the characters on display have to behave in a way that will hold audience attention. That might be lots of wailing, it might be becoming activist, or it might be behaving in a way considered unbecoming. Ideally the parents should be able to hold a conversation so they make for decent interviews, if they are semi literate they have little hope of more than passing coverage.

If someone is missing it also helps if it is the right demographic. Something like 60% of people who go missing are black males, but do you ever see any of those stories on the media? Any at all? No. The missing persons cases that get coverage are usually white females, in particular if they are young and/or blonde. Helps if the parents are wealthy or elite as well, because seeing the rich suffer sells well.

HD's case gets attention because BD is a strong reasonably attractive woman who is married but has a live in boy toy. That is fairly unusual to the point of being mildly scandalous, so it makes for good fodder to hold audience interest, especially among the middle aged female segment who are particularly interested in cases like this. Plus, HD falls into the young blonde female category, which is ideal for the media. For a case where police know absolutely nothing, it sure gets a lot of attention.Now, who else gets involved in cases like this? You will see the regulars who routinely pop up apparently inserting themselves into the situation. It is allways the same people. And sometimes wannabes looking for their 15 minutes. Not a whole lot of them are particularly objective and they essentially say the same thing every time.

When you see the same story repeating over and over and over, you get cynical. As far as the media is concerned, it is pretty clear that this is all just a form of entertainment and they play it to the full to pull in viewership and the advertising revenue that follows. That is why we have shows like NG, and in fact that entire TV channel for that matter.

I have yet to see ANY of these people actually do anything constructive in these cases other than talk about it.

BBM...
IMO I do not agree with any of this. billie is weak and prone to drama, she is also insecure w/ her not attractivness in that she goes over board w/ the eyebrows w/ the hair & nails all as a way to disguise the true ugly underneath. Hailey's case got attention IMO from #1 the fact that her mother had no care where her daughter had been for over 24hrs. she did'nt bother to look for her in the ugly areas, she verbally fought w/ people who were really really seaching for her daughter. billie also defended and took up for her boyfriend who along w/ her does drugs, ditches a perfectly good job for no apperant reason (well Imo there was a reason) they have both been more of a deterant than a help.
I do think Hailey got some of that "blond/white" coverage because of the cheerleader photo. But it stops there. There rest was/is because we as humans are not all stupid and i for one have not belived any words she says. It irrates me to no end when someone calls for help to find their loved one but does nothing themselves. Or tries to deviate from where the real problems lay.
I do believe billie felt Hailey a rival. IMO when someone is in the midst of sex & drugs and all they want in life is to be looked at as the life of that party, a sassy 13 yr old natural beauty is the last thing you'd want around your younger boyfriend.
Lastly billie still being a married woman has never been anything to me other than she found it easier and more economic in her mind to keep it the way it was. If billie thought she would benefit more lucratively and not have to actaully pay out for a lawyer and possible sell and split the house, she would've done it.
As far as the media and people who insinuate themselves into case for fame... well yea, it's business. media, lawyers, LE, organized search groups, all of them do their job to get a pay check, some will get emotionally attached and show more intrest in certain victims. IMO billie knows it can be a way to make more money than she's making now, to get the ball rolling NOW , not last year, but now she wants PI and wants to think in terms of what happened in those days her daughter disappeared. She sat back and let the dust settle and now wants to twist herself into a concerned parent. But as I see, not many buy her latest attempts. I am just waiting for truth to be heard. I know when I see and hear it. imo of course.

ps im so not bashing all women who get their nails and hair done.I do think those things are done to enhance or to hide the natural way of things. yea I'm of of those natural curly hair types. I do hide my beggining gray as a way to deny myself my true age. full disclosure and all...

BBM...
As far as the media and people who insinuate themselves into case for fame... well yea, it's business. media, lawyers, LE, organized search groups, all of them do their job to get a pay check, some will get emotionally attached and show more intrest in certain victims. IMO billie knows it can be a way to make more money than she's making now, to get the ball rolling NOW , not last year, but now she wants PI and wants to think in terms of what happened in those days her daughter disappeared. She sat back and let the dust settle and now wants to twist herself into a concerned parent. But as I see, not many buy her latest attempts. I am just waiting for truth to be heard. I know when I see and hear it. imo of course.

Why now, after 22 months, has she come out of hiding? What changed? Supposedly she broke up with boy toy, but we've heard that before. Something has happened that gives her the confidence to put herself out there.

Tugela, your response to Jacie is not without merit. Nancy Grace, IMO is the reason Hailey's case went national. Billie and Shawn did make for good media fodder. The more I learned about their lifestyle and personal "habits", my concern for Hailey grew exponentially.

I think there is a small chance something happened to Hailey which doesn't involve Billie and Shawn. But more likely, something happened to her in that house and her body was disposed of by Shawn Adkins. I do believe Billie knows what happened, and she and Shawn, though not together anymore, will be forever linked. Neither will ever talk.

TobyWong, great post!!!!

Kirby, I'm curious too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members