No more twinkies or hostess cupcakes or wonder bread???*UPDATE*

Well there was not a Twinkie to be found in my grocery store today...lol

the shelves in the stores hear are complete empty people are going crazy

I haven't eaten either bread or other hostess products in years. But I guess some people do love their twinkies.

I never did go for Twinkes. Hostess Cup Cakes - now you're talkin'.

And I'd forgotten Hostess also does those powdered mini-doughnuts. Oh no! Love 'em!

Orioles Prospect Needs To Find A New Superstition Now That Hostess Has Closed Up Shop (Deadspin)
Orioles pitching prospect Kevin Gausman was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles, signed to a $4.23 million signing bonus and pitched 15 innings of professional baseball this year. Because baseball players are weirdos, Gausman must eat four powdered mini-doughnuts prior to each inning he pitches. Obviously he only eats Hostess brand powdered mini-doughnuts and is thus in bit of a pickle since the Hostess's unfortunate news.
---
the rest at the link

Incidentally, if Grupo Bimbo (see above) purchases Hostess, here's what their little mascot will look like. Ate plenty of Bimbo products (I know; sounds funny) when I lived in San Antonio.

that is "spot-on"!!!

It's hard to find a good old family-run american based company that believe the workers are more important than the boss!!

Not sure which WSer posted above about perhaps any company going into bankruptcy should be offered the chance to be "employee-run" before the doors are closed and all the money is drained by the CEOs...

JMO

Twinkies likely to survive sale of Hostess (AP)
---
Hostess has said it's received inquiries about buying parts of the company. But spokesman Lance Ignon would not comment on analysts' reports that Thomasville, Ga.-based Flowers Foods Inc. and private equity food investment firm Metropoulos & Co. are likely suitors. Metropoulos owns Pabst Brewing Co., while Flowers Foods makes Nature's Own bread, Tastykake treats and other baked goods. Messages were left for spokesmen for both companies on Sunday.
---
the rest at AP link above

For a good laugh, check out twinkles on eBay! Lol

The irony is that if all the folks that felt bad about losing twinkies were actually buying them, the company probably wouldn't be shutting down.

The irony is that if all the folks that felt bad about losing twinkies were actually buying them, the company probably wouldn't be shutting down.

I have always bought my share of Hostess products throughout the month!!

:great::great:

OP link doesn't work for me, but...

TBH I haven't had one of their products for decades, but I bet this is one of "those" bankruptcies that reincarnates with no union workers, less pay, reduced or non-existent benefit packages, and few full time positions. And truthfully, their bakeries might be moved south of the border. (I know Hostess used to be good factory work a long time ago, but I don't know what it's been like lately. In truth, all those changes might already be in place.)

Now I ask you: if that is indeed what's happening here, will Twinkies, Snoballs, and White Bread have the same allure? Will you buy the "new" products?

eta: Yup, this is exactly what's going down. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-twinkie-banruptcy-20120111,0,6871039.story

:cool:

That article was from Jan 2012

Flowers Foods makes Nature's Own bread, Tastykake treats and other baked goods.

Box-of-Tastykake-Butterscotch-Krimpets.jpg

"Many people, myself included, have serious questions as to the logic behind this strike," said Judge Robert Drain, who heard the case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York in White Plains, N.Y. "Not to have gone through that step leaves a huge question mark in this case."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-11-19-16-11-33

But Rayburn wasn't able to reach a deal with the bakery union. The company, which had been contributing $100 million a year in pension costs for workers, offered workers a new contract that would've slashed that to $25 million a year, in addition to wage cuts and a 17 percent reduction in health benefits. But the bakery union decided to strike.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back