CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad has every right to fight for custody of his child. Every child needs 2 parents - a mom and a dad. Moms are not always the better parent.

If this dad loves his son, and I have every reason to believe he does, than he should fight. He has every right to remain a part of his child's life, especially if mom is going to up and move the child away.

We don't know what happened here. Sleuthing the dad is off limits. Moms (and dads) caught up in custody issues are likely to say anything, regardless of the veracity of the statement.

Until LE gives us an indication that there is foul play here, the dad is off limits. You may discuss what is in MSM and mom's statements, but you may not sleuth, accuse, bash or trash dad.

I hope that makes everything perfectly clear. If not, pm a mod and get clarification before posting something that will go against TOS or the rules in this case.

Salem

please feel free to delete my post. I got a little carried away.:blushing::blushing:

With that, I'm off for the evening. Prayers for Dylan.

Yesterday katydid came up with a list of possible scenarios as to what may have happened, which I guess has to be amended for now since we don't have any official POIs/suspects. I'm about to take a break but maybe we can look at that again and play with what we have. With the FBI's presence being stepped up tomorrow, I'm really trying to figure out what they can do, especially given the apparent lack of evidence and leads. I'm sure they're keeping some things to themselves, but I really feel they don't have any solid leads. Thoughts?

Here's a quote from yesterday's durangoherald:

"
Denise Hess is a family friend and organizer of the volunteers.

“Today, there’s a lot more concern,” Hess said Sunday, the seventh day of Dylan’s disappearance.

She added that the volunteers, like the family, are feeling more frustrated at the lack of progress.

“They’re worried,” Hess said.

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is “working with local representatives of the FBI to share information and resources as they continue to develop leads on where Dylan may be,” Bender said in a news release issued before the divers went into the water.

“Scenarios from abduction to runaway are being examined,” the release said. “Without any new clues, we have to continue to consider any and all possibilities, he said.

Has there been a reward fund established? Any reason why it wouldn't have? Money always makes people talk. Maybe Denise Hess, mentioned in the article above, handles questions like that. Maybe it's the inability to sleuth or the lack of information circulating but I feel helpless and wish I could do something for Dylan's family :-(

"settle down ladies "

^^ To the members of *The Official Kevin Torres Fan Club* ....

::Clicks link to FB::

Helll--ooo Kevin Torres.

Now, let's just hope people will pay attention because he's pretty and find Dylan.

Hundreds of people have turned up to help search for Dylan, but so far police say they are no closer to finding him.

"We had people in the air, on horseback, on ATVs, search dogs, and we got no clues from any of that," Bender said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-boys-mother-suspects-husband-sons-disappearance/story?id=17813458

BBM

I can't recall...did they search to lake because Dylan's "fishing pole" was found there?

If that is the only reason, was Dylan's scent only last picked up at his dad's place?

That is a pretty strong statement to make.

If his scent was not tracked to the lake or anywhere other than his dad's house, does that mean he did NOT runaway and was possibly abducted from his dad's house?

I am whispering this because I don't even want to think it much less type it but has anyone considered that he could have hurt himself. That song is very depressing. And it sounds like he was a child that was in his head alot. I am sure very bright and mature for his age. just wondering.

Yes, not because of anything I've read, but just because that's the kind of kid/teen/young adult/20something I was! I am quite stable now, but there are some songs that can just bring me down from anywhere, and his favorite song is one of them. I have to say I always heard it as a very dark song. But that's me and some days I feel like that kid in some cartoon who walks everywhere with a raincloud over his head.

Hundreds of people have turned up to help search for Dylan, but so far police say they are no closer to finding him.

"We had people in the air, on horseback, on ATVs, search dogs, and we got no clues from any of that," Bender said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-boys-mother-suspects-husband-sons-disappearance/story?id=17813458

BBM

I can't recall...did they search to lake because Dylan's "fishing pole" was found there?

If that is the only reason, was Dylan's scent only last picked up at his dad's place?

That is a pretty strong statement to make.

If his scent was not tracked to the lake or anywhere other than his dad's house, does that mean he did NOT runaway and was possibly abducted from his dad's house?

My understanding is that a couple of things led them to search the lake.

1) Dylan was missing and his dad said that Dylan's fishing pole was also missing and that it was likely Dylan had it with him. I think we can speculate that part of this conversation would have involved: "Where do you think he went fishing?" "Why, Vallecito Lake is a mere 4-mile walk from here in rough altitude....I do believe he went there!"

2) When they got to the lake and began searching, two SAR dogs picked up a scent of human decomp on the top of the water. My understanding from one of the comments made on Kevin Torres' FB page (take this with a grain of salt, as I cannot verify its validity) is that skin particles and gases rise to the surface of the water when a body is in it. The SAR dogs smell these skin particles and gases and are able to detect a body even when it is fully submerged. Despite this, SAR dogs might have a difficult time pinpointing the exact location of an underwater body, as currents can change the direction the particles and gases float in. So, the search is an educated guess based on predicting the current plus using multiple dogs' hits.

3) It appears a fishing pole was found on the dam of the lake. It has not (yet) been confirmed to be Dylan's. If it is proven to be Dylan's, that would mean he was either at the lake at some point in time or it was planted there as a distraction (I'm thinking: Jessica Ridgeway's backpack).

4) From everything I can tell, most of the search efforts have focused on this lake, leading me to believe that LE might have other evidence they are keeping close to the vest....such as surveillance tape of someone heading in the direction of the lake or an eyewitness or mud from tires that ties back to this area.

5) There is, so far, little compelling evidence drawing LE away from the lake. Aside from two (flimsy, IMO) eyewitness sightings of two boys -- one of which MAY have been Dylan, not said with any certainty -- we don't have any evidence that he was planning on going anywhere that morning. From all we know, the last known PLAN Dylan made was to meet up with friends that afternoon. Wouldn't he have told his Dad he was going fishing and asked for a ride when his Dad was leaving to run errands? I keep coming back to that little detail.

6) If the house had been broken into and Dylan kidnapped from it, surely the father would have reported something awry such as a busted door jam or broken window or cut screen. The only thing awry that Dad reported was Dylan's missing fishing pole, backpack, phone, and charger. And, one of those things is not like the other, IMO.

Where is Dylan's coat? I can't imagine he would leave the house to go fishing wearing shorts and no coat.

(snip)
Redwine is described as 5 feet tall, 105 pounds, blond hair, blue eyes and fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two-tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Great question! Also - what about the rest of Dylan's clothing? How much luggage was Dylan toting when his mum put him on that plane? If Dylan was scheduled to stay with his dad for a week, wouldn't he need to have more than a backpack to hold it all? Especially since it's chilly and he would possibly need heavier clothing, requiring at least one more carry-on piece of luggage? I know as a mom if I was sending my boy to stay with his dad and visiting his dad was not a regular routine (and we'd heard that this might be the case), I'd be hard put to not to pack *everything, wayyy too much (including the kitchen sink if I could) if I thought it might make my childs stay more comfortable.

And if so, where is it? Is it at dads and just was not reported because only the backpack was missing? But then, if Dylan ran off, most likely it would be with the intention of returning home to his mom and you'd think he'd take all his stuff with him if it was not too much......but I find it strange that nothing's been mentioned about Dylan leaving anything behind......

Does this make sense?

Yes, not because of anything I've read, but just because that's the kind of kid/teen/young adult/20something I was! I am quite stable now, but there are some songs that can just bring me down from anywhere, and his favorite song is one of them. I have to say I always heard it as a very dark song. But that's me and some days I feel like that kid in some cartoon who walks everywhere with a raincloud over his head.

Jane... :hug:

The song is depressing to me, but if you are also watching the video it is even sadder. And it obviously deals with a mother, her boyfriend/s and her son. At least that is how it appeared to me. Video + song==bummer jmo

Kevin Torres
a few seconds ago via mobile
Another quick reminder: I'll be on 9news at 6 in a few.

Kevin Torres
7 minutes ago via mobile
I have one more story airing tonight. Think it's only going to air on 9news at 9pm. Then I'll be back on the road in the morning, heading to Denver. We are going to continue to cover the search for Dylan - and we are all hoping he will return home safely.

This was a comment on KT's fb page. Not sure exactly if it's in reference to Dylan or MR's phone:

C******* W***** a friend of mine close to the family says the dad had his phone turned off. weird!
11 minutes ago

Kevin Torres
a few seconds ago via mobile
Another quick reminder: I'll be on 9news at 6 in a few.

Kevin Torres
7 minutes ago via mobile
I have one more story airing tonight. Think it's only going to air on 9news at 9pm. Then I'll be back on the road in the morning, heading to Denver. We are going to continue to cover the search for Dylan - and we are all hoping he will return home safely.

Wonder why he is leaving the area right when the FBI is bringing in field agents?

Agreed, I said similar earlier ..... especially if Dylan had been telling his dad that he didn't want to be there, and wanted to go home.

As for the fishing rod - if someone fell in the water, wouldn't you expect the pole to be in the water as well? Surely the only time you get that near to the edge, is to cast off or when you are pulling in a fish? If the pole was still set up, or just lying on the grass, then what would have caused Dylan to enter the water? If, indeed, he is there.

This case is making me feel so sick. His poor mother must have hated putting him on that plane, and then the last text she (prehaps ever) receives from him, has an unhappy face on it.

I have to say this, I have to agree with the fishing pole being in the water as well. If the pole was found on the shore were is the backpack? Don't think he would sit there with it on, or even if he did, why would he take it into the water if he went in? If he fell in, it would of been one more thing to help him stay a float...then brings the question of if he went in on purpose, he wouldn't of taken in his backpack. If he fell in, he can swim(saw video of it). Don't think he would of gone in willing for sure, the water around this area is WAY TO COLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken