CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are bringing in another reporter. Torres seems to work very hard and maybe his bosses want him to take a couple days easy.

Maybe they are bringing in another reporter. Torres seems to work very hard and maybe his bosses want him to take a couple days easy.

I don't know, you may be right, but 9news iscthe only station I watch and it seems when they stick a reporter on a story, they stay. I've seen some of those women out there sticking with their stories with unwashed hair, no makeup and little sleep....

So a cadaver dog definitely picked up human decomp . . .

I don't know, you may be right, but 9news iscthe only station I watch and it seems when they stick a reporter on a story, they stay. I've seen some of those women out there sticking with their stories with unwashed hair, no makeup and little sleep....

I know what you mean... I'm not sure, I guess we'll see if another reporter starts covering the case or if Kevin covers it from Denver.

So a cadaver dog definitely picked up human decomp . . .

didn't Mr. Dan Bender, PIO, from La Plata County say that it could also be an elk or other animal?

And the scent was only picked up in the water?

:banghead::banghead:

The song is depressing to me, but if you are also watching the video it is even sadder. And it obviously deals with a mother, her boyfriend/s and her son. At least that is how it appeared to me. Video + song==bummer jmo

:what: well, glad I never watched the video in that case! Jeez!

But like I said I tend to interpret ambiguous things darker than some people, I hope including this 13-y/o boy, would.

Kevin Torres just stated it on his story on 9news. It's not in the written story on their website yet, but if you watch the 9:00 mst Livestream at 9News.com, I'm sure he'll say it again. I'll post it if I find it before.

If anyone else finds one first, by all means....

didn't Mr. Dan Bender, PIO, from La Plata County say that it could also be an elk or other animal?

And the scent was only picked up in the water?

:banghead::banghead:

Unless KT misspoke, I heard it with my own ears on the 9News livestream right before I posted it. He said cadaver dogs hit on human decomp, signaling human flesh. Although, imo, he didn't need to throw in the "flesh" part...

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent were available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Contacted Monday at his home north of the reservoir, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/news

BBM

Wouldn't Dylan's scent have been on the bed sheets from Sunday night?

Redwine’s hopes for definite news were dashed Monday when two sonar-outfitted boats turned up nothing unusual at three points marked with buoys that cadaver dogs on Saturday indicated were points of interest.

Two cadaver dogs, independently of each other, signaled the same locations, Bender said.

It says they couldn't get a scent object before stuff was brought from C Springs (my paraphrase)...am I misinterpreting? Does that mean he didn't even sleep for sure at his dad's place (thinking of using pillow or towels as scent objects)...am I off-base?

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent were available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Contacted Monday at his home north of the reservoir, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

BBM

Wouldn't Dylan's scent have been on the bed sheets from Sunday night?

BBM
GOOD QUESTION. And didn't he change out of his dirty clothes that night when he went to bed?

Now that everyone has finally quit talking about that article, I'm finally caught up enough to comment on it. I've known more divorced couples over the years than I've known happily married people, and I hear people say some pretty bad things about their exes - not all of it true. I've also seen many kids turned against one parent because of things said by the other one, which ruins a parent-child relationship just out of spite. It's very possible that his mother might have been abused at some point in the marriage, but if Dylan was, I think she could have fought the joint custody long ago and should have had enough proof by now to prevent further visits. MOO, I'll wait for something official before considering the statements as facts.

One thing I had thought about was Dylan waking up and finding his dad already gone. Knowing how a lot of kids react when their plans are ruined, especially if he already has bad feelings toward his father for making him go there, I could see him trying to call, get no service in that spot, and throwing the phone out of anger. He may have picked it up (put it back together if it fell apart) and found that it didn't work at all. That may have upset him enough to start walking/hitch hiking either to see his friends or to find another phone to use. It's also possible that his fishing pole was already gone before he got there, but his father didn't notice until that day.

I have other thoughts on it, but I'm trying to stop writing novels all the time, so maybe later...

Yes, not because of anything I've read, but just because that's the kind of kid/teen/young adult/20something I was! I am quite stable now, but there are some songs that can just bring me down from anywhere, and his favorite song is one of them. I have to say I always heard it as a very dark song. But that's me and some days I feel like that kid in some cartoon who walks everywhere with a raincloud over his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mck16
"I am whispering this because I don't even want to think it much less type it but has anyone considered that he could have hurt himself. That song is very depressing. And it sounds like he was a child that was in his head alot. I am sure very bright and mature for his age. just wondering."

I have musically inclined children so maybe I can offer another viewpoint:

I listened to the song. Some of the words are depressing, but some are not.
If you have a good ear, you can hear guitar accompaniment to the vocalist. Lots of kids Dylan's age (younger and older as well) love the sound of a good guitarist. They may play the guitar, dream of playing the guitar or mimic playing the guitar like in Guitar Hero. The vocalist does not hit many high or low notes so this song would be easy to learn to sing.

The point I am trying to make is taste in music, i.e. favorite song, can be for many reasons, not just the words. Maybe Dylan liked the beat, the guitar, some of the words. Maybe he found that he could sing this song.

Just my opinion and offering a different perspective on Dylan's favorite song as I found the guitar accompaniment pleasing. The vocals were nice, too.

For those familiar with SAR dogs, what would be the reasoning for not needing Dylans scent at the lake, but at a later time? If they thought he had been at the lake, wouldn't his scent be a necessary thing?

I have a hard time squaring his having been at the dad's house Sunday night with dad being unable to provide a scent item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa