CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just looking at HLN site and saw this - thought we could use a little cheeriness:

A missing child from Hazlehurst, Georgia, was reunited with her mother on Thanksgiving, according to HLN affiliate KMGH.
Alexis Newman, 14, was found in Park County, Colorado, with her stepfather Michael Dempsey, whom police suspected had taken Alexis, the station reports.

ETA: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/11/26/alexis-newman-found?hpt=hln10_9

I can't believe they searched that lake and it was someone else pole. Wouldn't they verify that it was his pole before they went to all that work

I can only imagine that there was more/other clues that lead to the extensive lake searches...

JMO

ETA... In fact... I am not so sure the fishing pole was supposedly found prior to planning the lake searches?

They do not need a search warrant for Dylans cell. His mom can get his records immediately. I have done so myself with my kids cells. [ when my DD's was stolen.]And when my friend's DD ran away [ briefly] she was able to get a full print out from the cell provider in a mater of minutes. You just need to be the person in charge of the bill, and you can have ALL of the records of texts and calls. No warrant needed.

If Dylan wss paying the bill himself then they would need a warrant, but I bet it is in his mom's name.

They need incoming too, as friends/other's have stated they tried. Incoming calls don't show up on the bill/record. Some providers are NOT available online. It just depends on the provider and also the ISP. IMO

Warrants are needed for court cases so that someone doesn't "say" they were obtained without permission. It's a CYA move and a good one. IMO.

I'm trying to work something out in my head here but I'm stuck on one point. Do we have confirmation that all of Dylan's stuff is missing with him?

*Crap, the smoke is coming from the bread burning in the oven and not from the wheels turning in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to work something out in my head here but I'm stuck on one point. Do we have confirmation that all of Dylan's stuff is missing with him?

*Crap, the smoke is coming from the bread burning in the oven and not from the wheels turning in my head.

I don't believe so, many may be assuming because there were no things brought from dads for scent.

not that I am aware of:twocents:

in fact there never has actually even been a presser on this case, right? Only releases.

Permission or not it would depend on what the phone company require for that(talking about landline of MR)...as far as that, I have no clue. but pushing redial on a phone would be a good start....

In the case of a missing child, phone companies can give INSTANT printouts of the outgoing/incoming calls on the phone. My frind's daughter ran away last summer, was found safely. But Mom was able to get instant records of the landline and her DD's cell, with no problems at all.

not that I am aware of:twocents:

in fact there never has actually even been a presser on this case, right? Only releases.

Correct. No pressers. All we know is a backpack. Did he have "other" luggage? We don't know. IMO

IIRC, Mom made the statement that his backpack and cell and charger were missing. But it has not been confirmed, AFAIK.

In the case of a missing child, phone companies can give INSTANT printouts of the outgoing/incoming calls on the phone. My frind's daughter ran away last summer, was found safely. But Mom was able to get instant records of the landline and her DD's cell, with no problems at all.

I would think they would subpoena the records to preserve the integrity of any future legal case.

They need incoming too, as friends/other's have stated they tried. Incoming calls don't show up on the bill/record. Some providers are NOT available online. It just depends on the provider and also the ISP. IMO

Warrants are needed for court cases so that someone doesn't "say" they were obtained without permission. It's a CYA move and a good one. IMO.

I don't mean the online records. I mean the ones that the provider has. When my friends DD ran away, and was gone all night, she went to AT and T office. They tapped into their billing records, which were up to date and printed off the prior weeks texts and calls, incoming and outgoing.

Maybe only AT and T does that, but Sprint did that for us when my DD's cell was s token. They looked at the most recent activity and read to her the most recent texts, which they had on record. No warrants, no hassles.

I agree that down the road they need warrants, but to find out who called him that day, no problem, no need to wait.

eta: fixed names

I would think they would subpoena the records to preserve the integrity of any future legal case.

True, but that wasn't what my point was. I was just saying that they already know who called/texted him that day and who he called and texted. Sure, they need warrants eventually for use in court. [ hopefully]

But LE does not need to wait for warrants to find out the cell usage on Dylan's phone. They can see all of that immediately. I have done it myself in similar situation.

IIRC, Mom made the statement that his backpack and cell and charger were missing. But it has not been confirmed, AFAIK.

Hmm, if Mom made that statement then I'm willing to run with it, for my own purposes. It seems to me that knowing what is missing makes a difference in what possibilities we should be focusing on though.

Should we reading between the lines in regards to no pressers?

That is simply not true. Some do and some don't. IMO. You did it with the cell provider that was used, but not all CP are created equally.

We've had cases, here on WS, where that didn't happen without a warrant and even then "some" phones don't have the availability to track them and don't keep records.

Out for a while. :please: for Dylan's safety.

True, but that wasn't what my point was. I was just saying that they already know who called/texted him that day and who he called and texted. Sure, they need warrants eventually for use in court. [ hopefully]

But LE does not need to wait for warrants to find out the cell usage on Dylan's phone. They can see all of that immediately. I have done it myself in similar situation.

What is Dylan's cell phone provider? TIA

True that LE has been doing their due diligence with all the phone records, internet, etc. BUT search warrant(s) are/is required and that takes time to get them and then serve one on _____# of cellphone company(s) + any landline, ISP, etc. It takes time and I don't know that that has all happened yet. IMO

But are SW necessary when the owner of that phone number gives permission? Ie the mom or dad?

Hmm, if Mom made that statement then I'm willing to run with it, for my own purposes. It seems to me that knowing what is missing makes a difference in what possibilities we should be focusing on though.

Should we reading between the lines in regards to no pressers?

If mom made that statement how does she know. It seems it would have to come from his dad. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong