Caylee's Shorts

BBM
Does anyone remember the SIZE of the shorts?
I ask because I remember during the trial they were saying no way they fit Caylee and I was yelling BS...I had shorts that, according to SIZE numbering, should have been too small for my girls to wear but they fit for a long time...

They were size 24months,so Baez said that proved someone other than Casey had dressed her,since she had outgrown them....

BBM
I ask because I remember during the trial they were saying no way they fit Caylee and I was yelling BS...I had shorts that, according to SIZE numbering, should have been too small for my girls to wear but they fit for a long time...

According to the list of Caylee's clothes taken by LE from the Anthony house, the size of the shorts found with Caylee's remains is the size that Caylee wore.

They were size 24months,so Baez said that proved someone other than Casey had dressed her,since she had outgrown them....

Thanks ZsaZsa
When I heard that I didn't believe she outgrew the shorts..24mos on a 2year old..
When my girls were 3yrs old and potty trained I still had 24mos shorts that still fit them.. 24mos Pants did not fit because of the length but the shorts did.

BBM

She was wearing those same shorts in the video of Casey playing with her. I think it was George filming it, if you know the one I am talking about. I don't think it was that old. I know somebody is bound to remember it and maybe can shed light on when it was taped.

Sorry but I am too tired to go digging through threads tonight to find it.

She was wearing those same shorts in the video of Casey playing with her. I think it was George filming it, if you know the one I am talking about. I don't think it was that old. I know somebody is bound to remember it and maybe can shed light on when it was taped.

Sorry but I am too tired to go digging through threads tonight to find it.

l_5b980cd76ca647eba31ba307773357ec.gif

link

BBM

They were infant, 24 months and Caylee was nearly 3. Infant sizes are shorter in the crotch depth than toddler sizes. Caylee was not shorter than average either, IMO.

They were infant, 24 months and Caylee was nearly 3. Infant sizes are shorter in the crotch depth than toddler sizes. Caylee was not shorter than average either, IMO.

it's not unusual for shorts to fit for a long time like that. my 5yo still this past summer fit into 18month (UK) size shorts and he's very tall for his age. his older brother, who is now 18, was wearing 24 month (US) shorts til he was 6. (he was not tall for his age, like my younger is.)

so I've no doubt at all that 18 month shorts would still fit a 3 year old. if they were jeans I would have some doubts but not with shorts.

it's not unusual for shorts to fit for a long time like that. my 5yo still this past summer fit into 18month (UK) size shorts and he's very tall for his age. his older brother, who is now 18, was wearing 24 month (US) shorts til he was 6. (he was not tall for his age, like my younger is.)

so I've no doubt at all that 18 month shorts would still fit a 3 year old. if they were jeans I would have some doubts but not with shorts.

My daughter who couldn't even wear the same size pants through a whole school year she grew so fast wore the same shorts for three years in a row. Only her legs grew, not her behind or the length between her crotch and her behind..or legs...does that make sense? Nor did she gain weight. And I mean it when I say my kid grew fast. She finally quit at age 13 at 5'10". Long and lean.

My thought on Caylee wearing 24mo shorts is that they probably fit her fine. The difference btw 24mo and 2T, IMO is diapers. A pair of shorts built for 24mo have the room for the padding from a diaper, where 2T does not. So if Caylee was potty training, or wearing those daytime trainers, there would be more room in the shorts and she could probably have no problem fitting into them.
I don't believe any diaper material was found with her body, was it? What about underpants?

My thoughts on the shorts are they scream of a spare set of clothes Casey kept for Caylee as overnight wear that she either kept in an old diaper bag or a spare purse (like the one she kept for "work") And these clothes were some that her parents didn't recall. But the photo of Caylee wearing them on the couch, I believe LE determined it was Ricardo Morales apartment and she frequently spent the night there as late even as in June of that year. So the shorts were they were either
A- changed because the original clothes were somehow tainted with evidence. Caylee threw up, or scratched Casey and her blood got on the clothes. (Casey had no idea that it would take 31 days to figure out she's missing and 6 months to find the body for all she knew it would take a week to find her and evidence would lead back to her)
B- Casey was still forward thinking about the nanny kidnapping and changed her clothes after Caylee had passed and she was covering things up. Casey may have believed that George's detective skills would kick in and he'd remember the last time he saw her. What's the first thing you ask a family member when someone especially a child goes kidnapped or missing?
Again I stress Casey could not have known how long it would take others to figure out Caylee's missing and find the body.
And I believe a piece of one of those diaper tag thingies were found at the remains site. Also I recall Casey telling one of those Padilla people that there was a news report on tv and Casey said something to the effect of "they haven't even found her clothes yet" which was odd. She was either referring to the shorts and top in question or the ones George remembered. But it was puzzleing

I am trying to think far back in the case. I am remembering that KC said to someone (and I can not remember who) They haven't even found her clothes yet...referring to Caylee Apperently it was the female body guard Tracy who heard this statement.

Bumping for focused discussion of Caylee's shorts and bringing over relevant posts from the Theories thread that are better suited here.

I am trying to think far back in the case. I am remembering that KC said to someone (and I can not remember who) They haven't even found her clothes yet...referring to Caylee

IIRC, Tracey M. (LP-the-bond-agent assiged her to be w/ Casey) reported that Casey blurted that comment out when she was home on bail. IIRC, Casey made the comment after/while seeing something about the search for Caylee on TV news.

There are two threads devoted to that topic. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75474"]Here[/ame]'s the #2 thread that is still currently open. The original thread was closed, but, can be found using the forum search function w/ keyword "clothes". HTH.

IIRC, Tracey M. (LP-the-bond-agent assiged her to be w/ Casey) reported that Casey blurted that comment out when she was home on bail. IIRC, Casey made the comment after/while seeing something about the search for Caylee on TV news.

There are two threads devoted to that topic. Here's the #2 thread that is still currently open. The original thread was closed, but, can be found using the forum search function w/ keyword "clothes". HTH.

Thank you :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back