IN - Terry and Darleen Anderson Murder, Mungo, 22 Oct 2005 - #3

Absolutely! I felt it was a pretty in depth interview, and provided good information, too!!

To all here on WS... My heart remains here <3 Just wanted to post the speech from yesterday's memorial.. Another year and no closure... All my love ---- Rosco

Today - I stand before you for the 6th time now, on the 7th anniversary of my father and step mother's brutal and savage murders. 7 years, and no closure. 7 years, and no one held accountable. 7 years, and no justice. My heart is still shattered. Every night when I say my prayers, I'm reminded of the brutality, the unfairness, and my heart breaks again. And every morning, my wonderful husband puts the pieces back together with loving care... I've spoken many times about what it's been like for me. The tears and heartache, anger and sadness. To learn to live every day knowing there will be no weekend trips to garage sale with Darlene, fishing trips or sitting around in Dad's Barn cooking deer on his pot-belly stove and chatting about good memories. The phone won't ring with a "how ya doin Honey" or 'guess what I'm catching today" calls from Dad.... I miss his voice..... But more than that, I wake up every day knowing Nicholas won't know who his grandparents were, what made them laugh, what would make them angry, what would make them hug him tight. He won't learn to hunt and fish with dad or check out a garage sale with Darleen -- our nick actually loves the shows like Storage Wars and Pawn Stars -- Christmas comes for Nick, but it's without the warmth of his grandparent's love. Nicholas doesn't even know what he's missing out on... but sadly... I do. I get so angry thinking of the murders. I have to live with this every day. Each day that goes by and there's no justice for Darlene & Dad, I have to live knowing that there is a savage, brutal, inhuman MURDERER running around free. This knowledge isn't something that I can put in a box in my heart and take out once a year - No ---- it's an every-day-soul-crushing feeling and mind blowing thought that is always there and never stops . And every day, as a family, we wake up, Eric puts my heart back together, and we go about our day. We live and work, shop and eat, and we've even learned to smile and laugh again. But that gaping hole in our lives is still there. It will never go away, it cannot be filled. I want to share a short story about how generous and thoughtful dad and Darleen were as people and as family. Dad loved his coffee - -Maxwell House his favorite. On one visit to Chicago he commented on my &#8220;Mr. Coffee&#8217; Maker .. I said &#8220;Dad.. it&#8217;s a coffee maker - what&#8217;s the difference&#8221;&#8230; he went on with his explanation of how the coffee maker is an important tool with how the coffee tasted&#8230; Yea yea- ok dad&#8230; as I muttered to myself. About 2 weeks after Dad had left I received a knock on our door&#8230; It was the UPS driver - he had a package for us. A bewildered thought - who sent me something&#8230;and&#8230; I didn&#8217;t order anything.. I opened the package and inside was a brand new Bunn coffee maker.. and note &#8220;Honey - this will make you a better cup of coffee"&#8230;. Dad had ordered and surprised me with a new Bunn coffee maker. I think about that day and it always brings a big smile&#8230; Dad always thought about being kind&#8230; He was just that type of person. Darleen - let's just say - was a garage sale ... Antique store... Second hand store... Estate sale... Junkie..for real. . She loved to look around all the time. She'd out run me.... And I work downtown chicago with all the hustle and bustle. 'One more...-come on Sher'... As she speeds into a drive-way with a garage sale sign on the lawn. We always visited the outlet stores in Angola. One visit near Christmas time we were at the Mikasa store and Darleen was looking at an 8inch set of crystal Jesus Mary and Joseph manger display -- I commented how beautiful they were. She purchased the set. I just adored it. That christmas I opened a gift from Dad, Darleen and Amanda and there before me was a set of the crystal Manger scene. The card read 'I knew you'd would love this Sher' -- I view this set displayed in my own kiero cabinet and think how thoughtful Darleen was and to remember how I loved the set.These stories are Just single reminders of how Dad and Darleen shared their love.I have in my hand a Polaroid photo. This photo is of a &#8216;big-yellow&#8217; dog about 4months old. I received this photo via US Mail in Feb 2005 - and the caption reads &#8220; Hi Honey - here is a picture of my new big yellow dog ROSCO&#8217;. Dad was always so proud of his big-&#8216;yellow&#8217; dogs and had always chosen them selectively just like his previous big-yellow&#8217;s - Banjo and Chelsea. When Dad and Darleen where found murdered Rosco was secured with his dog chain to his tree just 50 feet away from the barn entrance -- and where his Murdered Master body was beaten ...Rosco was unharmed but also unable to protect Dad - I could only imagine his instincts and how he had probably and desperately tried. Knowing just this had always bothered me. Without hesitation we decided to rescue Rosco from the horrible circumstances and bring him back to Chicago to live with us. We were uncertain of his future since both of his owners were no longer alive to care for him. Seven years, two ACL surgeries a lots of walks, pets, playtimes and car rides&#8230;... we noticed something was wrong with his hips.. legs. Big dogs have hip-legs-joint issues and we knew this. In June Rosco was diagnosed with Canine MS and this disease was irreversible and no operation would cure. We would have done anything to help Rosco and keep him close to us - but sometimes there just isn&#8217;t a solution or answer and the reality is just that --- no cure. This information tore at my soul as I knew at that time Rosco's days with us were short. Our Nick grew up with Rosco as His dog -- I knew and loved him as my Beloved Fathers' dog - Eric raised him in our home as his own and Rosco loved each of Us. On Sept 27th the toughest decision was made and we gave Rosco back to Dad and Darleen. I felt as if my heart was going to bust! We love the Rosco and he has been a pure pleasure that we were given his joy and comfort for 7yrs. A part of my heart left with Rosco because he was the last living creature to have witnessed who was on the property and probably had heard the screams of his master&#8230;. And couldn&#8217;t do a thing about it. God Bless you Rosco&#8230; We love you to the moon and back and we will always be grateful and honored with 7yrs &#8230; Enjoy your puppy again Dad&#8230;. I want to thank everyone here today and those who couldn't join -- thank you for showing ur support for Terry and Darleen Anderson. For reaching out - for sharing their story - for networking and allowing their story to stay active. They were citizens of Lagrange county and the town of Mongo for over 30yrs -- and model citizens they both were. Their Murderer needs to be captured and this town and the people here need justice - just as Myself and Terry and Darleen's family. The dead can not cry out for justice - its the duty of the living to do so for them. That is why I am here --- Sherry, Terry Anderson's Daughter (Rosco)

Rosco- What a beautiful speech. I am such a dog lover that this just broke my heart. This is the one case that I check on regularly. I pray that you will get answers one day.

Hi,

just tried to get an overview over this case (just out of another cold case thread where I ran into some kind of active blockade). But now there are so many people, so many abbreviations, my head spins.
However, just some questions:

1.) How far was the shed from the entrance door to the house?

2.) I read, Terry was hit in the back of the head, Darleen in the face? Is that true?

3.) No defensive wounds in both cases? Is that true?

4.) No ME report ever published? (In some states, relatives can get them from the ME's office)

5.) "Parking spaces" for hunters just across the road? How far were those in yards?

6.) Some weapons disappeared the night of the murder (not the ones, "A" got later rid of). Anything about what kind of weapons? Modern automatics or more collector pieces?

7.) Was it possible to go from those "parking spaces" to the shed without passing windows of the house?

8.) Rosco the dog was chained that nite. He never was otherwise. I take it, he didn't react too nice about that?

Just some questions from the top of my head. If a case is that long cold, I found it best to go back to the beginning with my questions.

Peter

Hi,

just tried to get an overview over this case (just out of another cold case thread where I ran into some kind of active blockade). But now there are so many people, so many abbreviations, my head spins.

1.) How far was the shed from the entrance door to the house?

2.) I read, Terry was hit in the back of the head, Darleen in the face? Is that true?

3.) No defensive wounds in both cases? Is that true?

4.) No ME report ever published? (In some states, relatives can get them from the ME's office)

5.) "Parking spaces" for hunters just across the road? How far were those in yards?

6.) Some weapons disappeared the night of the murder (not the ones, "A" got later rid of). Anything about what kind of weapons? Modern automatics or more collector pieces?

7.) Was it possible to go from those "parking spaces" to the shed without passing windows of the house?

8.) Rosco the dog was chained that nite. He never was otherwise. I take it, he didn't react too nice about that?

Just some questions from the top of my head. If a case is that long cold, I found it best to go back to the beginning with my questions.

Peter

I'm sure there are others who can answer your questions more specifically, but I wondered if you had listened to the radio show linked below. It is linked on the previous page, but I checked it to make sure it was still active, so I will add it below for convenience.

It is an incredibly moving and detailed accounting of the known events of that evening and into the following days--pretty much up until the current time.

Well worth a listen if you have time. imo

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missingyoufoundation/2012/08/20/murder-in-a-small-town

I'm sure there are others who can answer your questions more specifically, but I wondered if you had listened to the radio show linked below. It is linked on the previous page, but I checked it to make sure it was still active, so I will add it below for convenience.

It is an incredibly moving and detailed accounting of the known events of that evening and into the following days--pretty much up until the current time.

Well worth a listen if you have time. imo

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missingyoufoundation/2012/08/20/murder-in-a-small-town

Thanks for the link! Only now I sit on more questions. For example, I didn't get the name of the bf at the time of the murders. Something like Qway Proctor?
The guns from the safe were all gone or did A move them all out after the murders?
Would have grandma see headlights from a car parking at those "hunter parkings" or only light?

Admittedly, I am normally more in serial killer cases and check only on cold cases because Tricia asked in that ad "someone" should. So I'm a little bit more from the behavioral side and as of yet, I don't bring that part together for that crime scene, therefore -> more questions.

Hi,

1.) How far was the shed from the entrance door to the house? ~ The 'shed' or pole-barn was about 1/2 a football field distance.. maybe less. Anyone that would have visited Dad at the barn would have to go thru the side door entrance...right past Rosco... The big bay doors were closed and the side door was the ONLY way.... It was someone who Dad knew was there.. I am so certain... Dad hunted and i dont think anyone could sneak up on him.. in his own barn... without Rosco barking.. Someone he knew was in his Barn with him and dad turned his back to this person/s... and they struck him..from behind...((coward))

2.) I read, Terry was hit in the back of the head, Darleen in the face? Is that true? ~~ Yes... that is what i was told by the coroner.

3.) No defensive wounds in both cases? Is that true? ~ Yes..

4.) No ME report ever published? (In some states, relatives can get them from the ME's office) ~ I have dad's ME report... I have NOT made anything public and prolly wont. I can not get Darleen's as i am not next in kin.... only "A" can give permission or i can take 'A" to court.

5.) "Parking spaces" for hunters just across the road? How far were those in yards? ~ OHHH.... maybe a good acre away... The house was built far from the road and the parking was across the road. You could see the parking from Dad's living room windows..

~ Horton Legend CB 325 Crossbow, Winchester lever-action .22 Magnum w/western style sling, black scope and camo tape had the initials "T.A." inscribed near the buttplate under the sling. Police hope to one day recover this key piece of the puzzle, CVA inline .50-cal. Muzzleloader w/Western style sling and black Simmons or Tasco (Golden Antler) scope disappeared, Mossberg 500 20-gauge pump-action shotgun had a 24" slug barrel, a Western style sling, and the front sight flipped down. Also, the pump sleeve has been re-welded several times, Horton EZ-Winder for a crossbow was taken and the handle was left at the scene, several knives, including a homemade hunting knife with an elk antler grip was missing and some coins such as the Sacagawea.

7.) Was it possible to go from those "parking spaces" to the shed without passing windows of the house? ~ Maybe thru the woods... and it was dark/night time.. so really anyone could 'sneak' thru the woods or back road and get to dad's yard... But Rosco would have barked if he seen anyone...

8.) Rosco the dog was chained that nite. He never was otherwise. I take it, he didn't react too nice about that? ~ No he was chained to the tree/dog igloo sometimes.. He was only 1yr old and Dad's place was not fenced in.. so sometimes Dad would put him on the chain.. esp. at night to do his 'business'... But he slept in the house/in their room.. he was a house-dog..

Peter

Thanks Peter for reading about my Dad and Stepmothers unsolved homicides... and for your thoughts and questions. Let me see if i can help clear some of them up..; I'll post next to the questions to make it a bit easier?

~ Love to All...

Rosco..

Thanks for the link! Only now I sit on more questions. For example, I didn't get the name of the bf at the time of the murders. Something like Qway Proctor? ~ The boyfriend's name was Quae Proctor...

The guns from the safe were all gone or did A move them all out after the murders? ~ All the guns and weapons that were in the safe were taken once LE opened the safe... She took them all...somewhere.. and i dont know where..

Would have grandma see headlights from a car parking at those "hunter parkings" or only light? ~ yea... it's pretty dark and ANY lights would have been noticed.. GMA said she seen lights/car pull up the drive that night.. but she never went to see who it was... It was hunting season and Dad always had visitors...

Admittedly, I am normally more in serial killer cases and check only on cold cases because Tricia asked in that ad "someone" should. So I'm a little bit more from the behavioral side and as of yet, I don't bring that part together for that crime scene, therefore -> more questions.
~ Peter - please feel free to ask any questions..and if i can answer them i will try or if i feel i cant or wont..i will be honest..

Thanks again Peter... for your thoughts..

Rosco

~ Peter - please feel free to ask any questions..and if i can answer them i will try or if i feel i cant or wont..i will be honest..

Thanks again Peter... for your thoughts..

Rosco

Hi, Rosco!

Thanks for answering the questions. The red answers next to my questions work fine. I also saw the facebook page (I am a little facebook challenged, I'm afraid :banghead:).
Okay, one more question: Rosco the puppy was never chained for hours, did I get that right?

Peter

Hi, Rosco!

Thanks for answering the questions. The red answers next to my questions work fine. I also saw the facebook page (I am a little facebook challenged, I'm afraid :banghead:).
Okay, one more question: Rosco the puppy was never chained for hours, did I get that right?

Peter

Thanks Peter-- facebook page would be great to be friends... I network so much on the site --- you dont need to be that savvy ...

Well... Rosco was not normally on the chain like all day long.. he would be on it for sometimes.. but certainly not an all day thing or all the time.. He was the family dog and slept in the house... so chaining him was only to keep him from either getting into stuff in the house while they were gone or letting him do his business or sometimes when dad was in the yard and to keep him from getting under his feet.. Rosco was a very loving pup and wanted always to be next to his Master... as my husband took that roll and he never left his side..

Thanks Friend..
Rosco..

Just stopped by to say I'm thinking of you, Rosco. Maybe this will be the year for justice!

I recently started to read about this case and I couldn't let it go anymore. It's on my mind everyday, i keep making notes. This case has to be solved, Terry and Darleen need justice!

Rosco, I can only imagine the pain and sadness you must feel about all this. I can only wish for the case to be solved soon.

We have to keep Terry and Darleen's case going and deep inside I know justice will be done!

On this point all the questions I had are answered on here, but I have more I'll post it!

My thoughts and prayers are with Rosco and her family!

Nothing new yet?

Please let this year be the year for resolution......... Please please please please please.

Hi Rosco,

I've just joined here and for the past two hours I've been reading all about this case. It breaks my heart.

I was so praying, that once I ended up on the last page of even the first thread, or hopefully the second, there would be an announcement of justice and closure.

I'm praying for you that justice is served. It's never too late. It can still happen. This is something that will stay in my mind, and I'll be checking up regularly.

How proud they would be of you though. I may not know you, or them, but you haven't given up, and you never will--they're looking down on you, proudly, and thanking you for your nonstop efforts.

Welcome to WS CherryKitty! Thank you for your interest in Terry and Darleen's case.

Patience, grashoppers, patience, lol.

Trying Dark Knight, trying....... but your post does give me hope.......

Hope Rosco is doing okay, have not heard from her for awhile now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back