CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a dam on the lake, I saw a true crime show (can't remember the name) that told of a guy who fell in trying to save his dog and they couldn't find his body for a long time. Finally rescue divers went in & found the body in the dam. It was a low head dam, they are the most dangerous, they call them "drowning machines".

There is a dam and it is huge...

Which makes me think LE have no idea on what to do next. This case is going to go cold IMO

The weather will just make everything worse as what can you do if the search area is blanketed in snow for months on end?

All MOO

While it is VERY cold... IF Dylan is deceased and in that lake I can only pray that the temperature will preserve evidence and manner of death!
IF someone harmed him and threw him in the lake.... It MIGHT have been the WORST
thing they could have done...it could be exactly what nails em .
Moo

Write to the mother if you think you can. Tell her to invite Tim Miller in.
Many people don't know that they must ask these search teams in. Facebook her! Why not? I did that with a couple of family's and gave them the info, and they got him involved.

Hi -- They know about the procedure to get TEX involved. The page admin (family friend of the Redwines) of Find Dylan fb page has contacted Tim Miller and has spoken with local LE about bringing them in (per the facebook page) but as of last week LE was saying hold off. Hoping that will change.

Since it has been mentioned by at least one other person here, and it's something I've been wanting to see myself, I'm going to try to get a collection of all statements directly from LE and anything they have confirms. If I'm not back in 3 days, you'll know it caused a total breakdown and I'm probably somewhere babbling in my padded room! :pullhair:

I would be more than happy to do a rescue and an extraction if you do freak out. I know my brain is fried :banghead:

I haven't found the info on a fishing class yet, but I thought this one was interesting. I wish school had been more like this when I went.

http://www.coloradotu.org/trout-in-the-classroom/

I found this:

http://durangoherald.com/article/20110416/COLUMNISTS03/704169983&source=RSS

From the article:

" ...put on programs to introduce young people to fly fishing and conservation ethics, worked with Bayfield Middle School’s fishing program – what a wonderful way to get kids out in the water and connect them with nature – ..."

Here's another pic of Dylan from the Facebook that's from 3 years ago. I have to say I'm disturbed that in so many pictures of Dylan, he's not smiling. It really bothers me.

Edit - is there a way to make this smaller? I didn't realize it would post so big.

some kids refuse to smile for photos. My brother would never smile in photos, it's only been as an adult that we now see photos of him smiling.

Not everyone likes having their photo taken, I can't stand my picture being taken and theres a few others in the family who are the same way. My daughter on the other hand loves having her photo taken most of the time.

We are expecting alot of snow, 1-3 foot.....disappointing....this could make a search so much worse.

I hate to be so self-absorbed, but I'm really rather glad it's someone else this time.

some kids refuse to smile for photos. My brother would never smile in photos, it's only been as an adult that we now see photos of him smiling.

Not everyone likes having their photo taken, I can't stand my picture being taken and theres a few others in the family who are the same way. My daughter on the other hand loves having her photo taken most of the time.

My husband is 50 and refuses to smile for pictures.. I have to catch him when when he doesn't know it. I always tell him he "looks like a mad cop" in every photo!

lol

Hi -- They know about the procedure to get TEX involved. The page admin (family friend of the Redwines) of Find Dylan fb page has contacted Tim Miller and has spoken with local LE about bringing them in (per the facebook page) but as of last week LE was saying hold off. Hoping that will change.
I think it's too dangerous for TES now, and IF that body of water holds the answer, then they'll need to get divers and cadaver dogs back in there, working together. This is very dangerous work, so I don't know, but i'd guess it will have to wait til it's safe to do so.

Prays for Dylan.
Prays for Newtown, CT.
WTH is wrong with our world?

I'm in tears for all the children suffering.

OMG, I hadn't seen any news today so just googled, so many innocent lives lost :(

prayers for Newtown CT

I can't believe how many school shootings happen in the US, its tragic.

I just figured out why Dylans probably not smiling in that picture, its in a classroom lol

Some info about Dogs trained to help man; ;)
http://www.ussartf.org/dogs_search_rescue.htm

"CADAVER DOG

A cadaver dog reacts to the scent of a dead human. The dog can be trained for above ground and buried cadaver searches. Although many dogs have the potential to detect human scent, whether dead or alive, the cadaver dog is trained to locate only human remains. The training process includes detection of very minute pieces of cadaver or even blood drops in a specified area.

WATER SEARCH DOG

A water search dog is trained to detect human scent that is in or under the water, focusing on the scent of the bodily gases that rise up. As a team, the handler and dog usually work in a boat or along the shoreline. Because of currents and general changes in the water, it can be hard to pinpoint the location of a body. To enhance the chance of location, a diver should be ready to search as soon as the dog indicates. Additional teams, unaware of the previous teams' findings, work independently to indicate a location. This allows team members to determine the most likely location of the body."

Here's another pic of Dylan from the Facebook that's from 3 years ago. I have to say I'm disturbed that in so many pictures of Dylan, he's not smiling. It really bothers me.

Edit - is there a way to make this smaller? I didn't realize it would post so big.

534733_10151264940139394_1368598925_n.jpg

I'm glad it's a big pic. It's nice to get the remainder of
what we are doing here going round and round in a
seemingly endless series of hopeful posts ! :) tks

It is my understanding that both ER and MR have stated that MR did contact ER to ask if she knew where Dylan was.

ER was then upset as MR would not return her texts/calls.

The theory I presented remains valid in that if MR's phone was kept by LE he may not of known they had tried to contact him. Whether or not LE informed MR I have no idea but doubt it was on the top of their priority list, as I would think trying to organize resources to find Dylan would of been the immediate priority.

There have been other valid theories presented by other posters as well, such as answering LE questions which from other cases parents have stated they were interviewed for long hours over multiple days.

That to me is more important. ER knew LE's phone number and could of easily contacted them for additional information. I am sure they wanted to interview her as well.

As well, often LE prefers interviewing the parties closest to the case, and will separate parents that live in the same home.

Until additional information is known from LE, we can only offer our theories which is what I did.

IIRC, your theory was that MR was probably too busy speaking to police (or perhaps they took his phone...I'm sorry I don't remember which one) to get back with ER.

My response was (and still is) that directly after MR asked ER if she had talked to Dylan, and letting her know he couldn't find Dylan, her response to him was, "we have to call the sheriff", so there wouldn't have been time for his phone to have been confiscated since LE had no idea anything was amiss at that particular time. He had the opportunity to speak with her; he chose not to. (imo)

IIRC, your theory was that MR was probably too busy speaking to police (or perhaps they took his phone...I'm sorry I don't remember which one) to get back with ER.

My response was (and still is) that directly after MR asked ER if she had talked to Dylan, and letting her know he couldn't find Dylan, her response to him was, "we have to call the sheriff", so there wouldn't have been time for his phone to have been confiscated since LE had no idea anything was amiss at that particular time. He had the opportunity to speak with her; he chose not to. (imo)

MOO

I sometimes wonder if this was some kind of way to punish Elaine . She divorced him, moved away with the children and got a good job and has a good life and is happy.

I guess those of us who don't find his actions that unusual are in a very small minority here. If I had been in his place, I would probably/possibly asked her if she'd heard from him; once she said no and asked why, I'd probably just say I'd explain later. I think he was probably already under enough stress trying to figure out what happened, what to do, where else he could be, etc., and the last thing he needed was an angry woman, who already hates him, wasting his time by accusing him of being irresponsible or worse, and asking him the same questions he was asking himself. MOO

I'm going back and doing reading and research on the SAR process in Laci Peterson's case which was very significant to her recovery and SP's trial. Some of what I'm reading is raising questions about what could be done (or could've been done) for Dylan...

An exerpt:

Prosecutors contend that the dogs were properly trained and handled and successfully tracked Laci Peterson's scent from a known location, the couple's Covena Avenue home, to the bay.

Tracking dogs follow scents of people believed to be alive. Cadaver dogs are trained to find bodies.

Anderson handles both kinds of dogs. She said her cadaver dog, Twist, indicated on Dec. 27, 2002, that a body had been put in a shed in the Petersons' back yard, while her tracking dog, Trimble, picked up Laci Peterson's scent at the marina on Dec. 28.

Earlier this week, another handler testified that her dog picked up Laci Peterson's scent on Jan. 4 along Highway 132 west of Modesto, a route police believe Scott Peterson traveled when allegedly driving the body to the bay.

Wednesday, Anderson said Trimble on the same day picked up Scott Peterson's scent for several miles along the same stretch of road.

I'm not associating the work in Laci's case with any theory or individuals in Dylan's case but trying to understand the capabilities of the dogs and what's possible.

www.modbee.com/2004/02/26/126749/dog-handler-scent-at-pier.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member