Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So heartbroken today. So sad we live in a world where we have to lock our doors and stay in. Wish my grandchildren could grow up as I did, free to go to the movies, go to the mall and free to go to school, even free to play outside. Terrible world we live in today! Prayers to these families...

At least CNN is redacting. Waiting for the others to follow suit. Although I believe they simply have the brothers confused. That is at least what it sounds like?

MSNBC has been saying that their original ID of Ryan Lanza maybe wrong and there is confusion about the actual shooter and the person in custody.

This is getting to be very confusing regarding the identity of the shooter. I hope it's sorted out soon.

A CT Representative said his niece/nephew go to the school, but are okay. He's talked to them.

He said he attended the school's holiday program at the school last night...he got choked up trying to finish his thoughts that many of those children and families attending last night, all happy at the holiday program...well.....

Of all the sad days on WS, this may be the saddest day on WS.

This is insane and is reminding me of the morning that 9/11 happened, listening to the conflicting reports come in on the news, and then feeaking out when the jets from down the cape got scrambled and went screaming over. :eek:

I remember all the confusion as well on 9/11.

This is insane and is reminding me of the morning that 9/11 happened, listening to the conflicting reports come in on the news, and then feeaking out when the jets from down the cape got scrambled and went screaming over. :eek:

Part of the problem is the media competing to be the first to provide the "latest" info. NOthing is cross checked or confirmed but we'll put it out there anyway to gain attention.

CNN just named Nancy as the mother.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Ahh, thank you. :) Hard as I try, it's impossible to catch everything while I'm supposed to be working.

So glad I am a member of WS....I will let all of you brilliant people figure out the facts and in the meantime I will just continue to pray! <3

they told the kids to close their eyes as they were evacuating.....i love these teachers already......

I can't imagine as a little bitty kid seeing someone around your school everyday dead on the floor.

:(

This is bonkers.. utterly bonkers - the Twitter grab of the RL saying it wasn't him, people are now passing round and saying that he did the shooting and is out there somewhere! Don't people watch the news any more? Do they get everything from social media?

Ok well now I'm getting nervous as I have to go down 84 in a little bit to pick up my two older kids who are seeing the Hobbit with friends. If true that this is happening in multiple states I'm wondering if anyone is heading north thru CT up towards Mass.

If I 84 is closed, it will be a travel nightmare.

That is bizarre. So...they just wanted to make sure that the kids in their school were safe (on the other side of the country)? Or, was there an actual connection, like a plothatched on facebook or twitter or something?
(I know you don't know, wfgodot, just typing out loud).

There is no connection according to the article. Sounds like over reaction to me then.

That is bizarre. So...they just wanted to make sure that the kids in their school were safe (on the other side of the country)? Or, was there an actual connection, like a plothatched on facebook or twitter or something?
(I know you don't know, wfgodot, just typing out loud).
That's what I first thought - some smark aleck had made a remark about "doing it here," but it appears such was not the case. Just a precaution.

Part of the problem is the media competing to be the first to provide the "latest" info. NOthing is cross checked or confirmed but we'll put it out there anyway to gain attention.

This is something that has always bothered me. It's so irresponsible. Would they lose their entire audience if they waited an hour or two to get a positive ID before throwing a name out there?? I mean really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288