Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My (mentally ill) brother has not spoken to any family members in years, except for one brother and my mom, when she was alive, and to me, when I often visited my mom. So it would be said that he was "estranged" from my other siblings, I guess, but there was more to it. He just could not communicate with people and only did so with the minimum #. Some of my siblings spouses have never even seen him, although he lives in the family home.

One more thing to consider might be that if NL harbored lots of negative feelings about her ex it might have been hard for him to visit AL at his home and it sounds like AL was not the type to enjoy traveling so he might have had a hard time visiting dad at his home.

<mod snip>

Maybe he's giving time and space for the child victims to be buried before making arrangements? I don't know. I don't know how to feel about this.

I hope all schools boards are placing discussions about large glass windows on their next agendas. Why have a locked door policy and then large glass windows where a violent person can still easily enter?

I can't speak for all schools, but we don't even have enough funding for new window shades, let alone new windows...I hope this brings some positive change, too. :please:

<mod snip>

I'm giving him the benefit of doubt. May not have had time. I think he and family left town, and I can understand that. He may have been advised to wait a few days to do anything since media is all over everything, and he doesn't want them wherever they went.

It does make me still question something I posted a couple of days ago and decided it was not time. Were all the guns for fear of attack b/c of his position I wonder? Guess we will never know, but I'm sure anyone that makes that much must always fear if anyone would come in to harm or kidnap.

<mod snip>

What the article says,

According to a spokesman for the Connecticut chief medical examiner, the bodies of Lanza and his 52-year-old mother were still at the facility late on Saturday night. He would not comment on what would happen to them if they remained unclaimed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-old-turned-child-killer.html#ixzz2FKTkbCJt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

For all we know they might have been collected by now.

If not, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that none of the immediate family are in good enough shape to make funeral arrangements right now.

I think I'm still in shock. I've been watching coverage all weekend and this whole story has broken my heart into pieces. Those precious innocent babies, I just can't fathom. I have a 4 year old and 12 year old and dropping them off at school this morning hurt me so bad. They should be safe from this BS! I am a ball of nervous energy at work today and I just can't wait to go pick them up again.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims and their loved ones. RIP angels!

I haven't had time to catch up this morning,but thought this was interesting. I have no answers but I do wonder what all these meds are doing to our children's young minds. According to this link,all these school shooters were on medication. What did we do before medications? We already know that some anti depressants cause suiciadal tendencies in some.( which makes no sense at all to me). Do these meds alter some peoples brains? Should a side effect now be, may cause homocidal tendencies?

http://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/

What the article says,

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-old-turned-child-killer.html#ixzz2FKTkbCJt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

For all we know they might have been collected by now.

If not, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that none of the immediate family are in good enough shape to make funeral arrangements right now.
I remember the lead ME saying he was not going to autopsy their bodies until Saturday morning.

The argument about medication is about the same as to what came before-the chicken or the egg? Presumably they are put on medication because they have issues.

I haven't had time to catch up this morning,but thought this was interesting. I have no answers but I do wonder what all these meds are doing to our children's young minds. According to this link,all these school shooters were on medication. What did we do before medications? We already know that some anti depressants cause suiciadal tendencies in some.( which makes no sense at all to me). Do these meds alter some peoples brains? Should a side effect now be, may cause homocidal tendencies?

If I'm not mistaken, suicidal and homicidal thoughts are a warning on every psychiatric medication currently available. I know it was on the five different medications I've been on in the past.

Actually, it's in bold on the pharmacy print out.

A lot of those meds come with warning may cause violent thoughts or suicidal tendencies.

I'm giving him the benefit of doubt. May not have had time. I think he and family left town, and I can understand that. He may have been advised to wait a few days to do anything since media is all over everything, and he doesn't want them wherever they went.

It does make me still question something I posted a couple of days ago and decided it was not time. Were all the guns for fear of attack b/c of his position I wonder? Guess we will never know, but I'm sure anyone that makes that much must always fear if anyone would come in to harm or kidnap.

Another thing I thought of, he may just be waiting out of respect for the other families till ALL the others have had their funerals. MOO

Maybe he's giving time and space for the child victims to be buried before making arrangements? I don't know. I don't know how to feel about this.

I don't really know how to feel about it either. I do feel that this was a family, divided. And I am convinced that this had to play some role in this tragedy.

Praying for the families of Jack Pinto and Noah Pozner as they bury their innocent little ones who were caught up in the middle of this ...:(

I worry about the medications too. All of them have side effects. They do not effect each individual in the same manner as the majority either. I've seen people go ballistic on Xanax.

I do have a friend in his mid-fifties that is paranoid schizo (diagnosed). He was taken off all of his medication last summer b/c it does so much damage to your body, you can't take it forever. Within one day he was talking to people that were not there, running and hiding behind cars in parking lots. Had to get him back on the meds before he hurt himself or others, regardless the long term physical effects. Some have long term negative mental effects, that's why medications are changed frequently for some.

Don't know what else can be done though. Without the medications there is more danger, usually.

Here's a question I've had. All the extended family we have heard from are from dad's side. Other than the grandmother that the vulture media called - and she, rightfully so, promptly hung up. Did mom have no one else? No sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, close long time friends?

While I understand this is possible - DH and I are the last on both sides (well DH still has his 2 brothers and sister - they live halfway across the country and we stay in touch). Even so - we have a gagglefull of life-long friends right here. Many friends that we grew up with, went to school with, attended weddings, births, funerals, etc.

Yet, we've heard silence from the mom's side. I'm not meaning to bash or anything even remotely close - I'm just curious that we haven't heard from anyone that was close to this poor woman for any length of time. And that's just sad..............

JMHO

The argument about medication is about the same as to what came before-the chicken or the egg? Presumably they are put on medication because they have issues.
Not really. Read the warnings about the help stop smoking drugs used today.

Maybe the closest people are too shaken by all of this to talk in the media?

Timeline:

Late 2008 - divorce filed
Sept 2009 - divorced finalized
? 2009 - did not return to college despite a B average
? 2009 - dad moved in with his girlfriend
? 2010 - became estranged from his dad
2012 - dad remarries
? - became estranged from his brother

Can anyone help fill in the gaps?

It begs the question, why? What was she afraid of happening? AL hurting himself or the babysitter or doing something stupid or dangerous otherwise? Why was it so dangerous to turn one's back on a quiet introverted intelligent child who was focused on building Legos and playing games?

It sounds to me like she was overly protective and feared the boy might hurt himself if he wasn't watched over like a hawk. I mean, really, how could anyone babysit a child for an extended period and not use the bathroom. What did the mother do&#8230; take him into the bathroom with her when she had to go? And did she supervise the child's bathroom visits as well? IMO, it seems that would make for a very neurotic child. JMHO and all that.

I'm not saying NL did this, personally I think the babysitter is exaggerating his memory due to the traumatic event that just occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member