GUILTY GA - Skylar Dials, 9, Griffin, 21 December 2012

So sad.

No public information... I pray the sheriff, GBI & GA Crime Lab get all they need to bring swift justice for little Skylar. Somebody needs to be behind bars... now!

My heart just sank when I saw "Found Deceased" next to Skylar's name. I did not expect this outcome at all.

God bless you, Skylar.

Didn't they report there were lots of people searching for her? Why did it take so long to find her? Or maybe they found her earlier and just did not release the info. jmo

Ohhhhhh nooooooo.

I just logged on; haven't caught up on the thread.

(((((hugs))))

I'm numb....

Who knows what the H that means...sounds like across from, to me. But your take could be correct as well. News media stinks these days.

This thread will have to be moved, so quickly. Quite shocking and sad.

Why will this thread have to be removed? I don't understand. tia

Whisky, tango, foxtrot....repeat...repeat

I am so sick and tired of our babies being taken. The last 10 days in this world has been so heartbreaking.

Skylar was found BEHIND her house in the woods - the OPPOSITE direction of her friend's house. What/who lured her that way? Was it an accident or foul play?

My heart is so heavy and sad. I so wanted good news this morning.

Skylar, your precious smile and laughter will be sadly missed. Your time here was short but your memory will go on forever. I pray you did not suffer. I did not know you personally but your smile touched my heart. Fly, sweet child, fly high....(((hugs)))

:star2::star2::star2:
:hug::hug::hug:
:rose::rose::rose:

Why will this thread have to be removed? I don't understand. tia

I believe this poster meant the thread will be moved from missing threads to deceased threads...

Change to a sad category... :(

JMO

I had a terrible sinking feeling the first time I saw Skylar's thread last night, but I hoped I'd be wrong. The hearing loss makes me think of Zahra Baker.
Why? WHY?

How absolutely heartbreaking that Sklyar has been found dead. Poor sweet child. So innocent. How could she be found behind her aunt's home when she was heading in the opposite direction? I doubt someone brought her back to place her on the aunt's property. That makes no sense. I don't even want to think of the possibilities right now ... Terribly sad case.

I wonder if she was buried? I doubt she was out in the open or she would have been found sooner. There would have been predatory birds.

Maybe she was buried or hidden in a small cave, if there are any. If she was buried that would explain why she wasn't found right away even though she was so close to home. If she was buried it would lessen the likelihood of the killer being a stranger. Someone must have taken some time to conceal her body. A stranger would probably not have the tools handy and not take the time to bury her, and would be very lucky to just happen to find a cave.

People started searching for her pretty quickly. I have to wonder if she was killed before the time she was reported to have left her home to visit the friend. She was so close to home but was not easy to find. It would have been risky to take the chance of being caught getting rid of the body during the day, especially if there was time spent digging a grave. Too much chance of being seen.

All MOO

Rest in peace, sweet angel. I was so hoping to wake up this morning to the news that she was safe and sound. So very sad...

Me too. I've got a busy day but rushed here right away for the latest. This is just heartbreaking.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/missing-griffin-girl-found-dead/nTdJQ/

Skylar was living with her aunt. Her mother, who lives in Atlanta, was taken away from the scene in an ambulance after her daughter’s body was found, according to Channel 2.
According to Channel 2, Skylar was in foster care at her aunt’s home on Yarbrough Mill Road. Her aunt’s identity was not immediately available.
Sonia Moore, who has lived in the neighborhood since 1998, said SKylar’s relatives moved to the area from Hampton earlier this year after being displaced by a tornado.
“They are very nice folks,” Moore told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Saturday as vehicles passed through the rural neighborhood. “They were just so happy to be out here, and we were happy to have them.”

Also from the link:
Sheriff Wendell Beam did not say how long the girl’s body had been at the location, how she may have died or who found the body. Authorities said there were no obvious signs trauma or injury.

I had a terrible sinking feeling the first time I saw Skylar's thread last night, but I hoped I'd be wrong. The hearing loss makes me think of Zahra Baker.
Why? WHY?

Me too. And it makes me sad that the children who seemingly had so much to endure anyway while alive and then to have to go through an untimely death. jmo

Oh, man. This isn't even thirty minutes from where my family is staying right now. Definitely scary. Poor little baby, this is so horrible!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back